Ron DeSantis Hit With Brutal Poll Numbers As Covid Surges

It's "herd" not heard, dumbo.
And given that Florida is a peninsula and not an isolated island like New Zealand, herd immunity is going to be tough.
Especially given the very large transient population of Florida.
Lol, I didn't proof read dang spell check. But yes our country would have herd immunity by now, if we would've listened to Trump and not Fauci.

Data from Florida has gotten more and more opaque. They’re not publishing daily updates. Last I heard it was weekly. I wouldn’t look at any data from Florida without serious consideration of how it’s being reported.

Covid hospitalizations are also down.

Meh, I don't trust anyone's numbers, but multiple sources report the same trends.

A case bump that was not a total surprise when schools opened and mass testing of asymptomatic students began. The rest are moving lower.

Believe or disbelieve what you want. I'm not going to drift from a data based discussion into that type of thing.

Covid hospitalizations are also down.

Meh, I don't trust anyone's numbers, but multiple sources report the same trends.

A case bump that was not a total surprise when schools opened and mass testing of asymptomatic students began. The rest are moving lower.

Believe or disbelieve what you want. I'm not going to drift from a data based discussion into that type of thing.
Be careful what a “source” is. You might find out multiple sources are actually just repeating the same source.

I’m not accusing Florida of fraud or anything, but their lack of specificity and less frequent updates can lead to bad conclusions.

You seem to be very motivated to downplay it and are looking for excuses.

Be careful what a “source” is. You might find out multiple sources are actually just repeating the same source.

I’m not accusing Florida of fraud or anything, but their lack of specificity and less frequent updates can lead to bad conclusions.

You seem to be very motivated to downplay it and are looking for excuses.

Citing trend data is not downplaying. The numbers are what they are.

Meanwhile, the left is very clearly motivated to do whatever they can to play games to take shots at DeSantis.

When it was cases rising the key metric was cases, then it was hospitalizations, then deaths. Jumping from one metric to another is manipulating sentiment with numbers, not simply citing the data as it exists, then, if they don't like those numbers, claiming it is invalid.

Waves end. The data is pretty clear that this one in Florida is ending.

Last edited:
I’m not accusing Florida of fraud or anything
I am.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday, Florida is now reporting 43,632 fatalities connected to COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic. That’s 901 more than the 42,731 cumulative deaths reported a day earlier.

Those deaths didn’t all occur in the past 24 hours and span back over weeks.

Last edited:
Citing trend data is not downplaying. The numbers are what they are.

Meanwhile, the left is very clearly motivated to do whatever they can to play games to take shots at DeSantis.

When it was cases rising the key metric was cases, then it was hospitalizations, then deaths. Jumping from one metric to another is manipulating sentiment with numbers, not simply citing the data as it exists, then, if they don't like the numbers, claiming it is invalid.

Waves end. The data is pretty clear that this one in Florida is ending.
That’s what I’m trying to tell you. The numbers “are what they are” is a terribly naive statement.

Or a statement from someone who doesn’t want to think about what the numbers could be telling us.

Even if this wave is ending in Florida, it was about as clear as could be that you can’t play fast and loose and expect everything to be hunky dory.

More than 26,000 new cases were reported Wednesday, a one-day record.

These metrics are sent to the CDC by Florida’s health department. The state only releases a comprehensive COVID-19 report publicly once a week on Fridays.

This past Friday’s report showed that the new-case positivity rate statewide had reached 19.8%, a ninth consecutive week of increases in that metric.

Florida leads the nation with 16,833 people hospitalized with COVID-19
on Thursday, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Overall, more than 85% of Florida’s hospital beds are being used and over 95% of the state’s ICU beds are full.

CLEARLY not peaking.

I am.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday, Florida is now reporting 43,632 fatalities connected to COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic. That’s 901 more than the 42,731 cumulative deaths reported a day earlier.

Those deaths didn’t all occur in the past 24 hours and span back over weeks.
It's not fraud per se.

There's different ways of thinking about how you report the data.

As you get data in each day, you'll get updates from that day and from days previous. You could just report them all on the day you received the data, which is actually how most states do it. Or you could constantly update previous days with the data. On the face of it, that sounds smarter. Why wouldn't you report all the deaths for the day they occurred and not the day you received them? The problem is that you're ALWAYS undercounting recent days and that can, sometimes, perpetuate this constant "it's turning around" narrative because the recent data is undercounted as compared to previous days that have more complete data.

That’s what I’m trying to tell you. The numbers “are what they are” is a terribly naive statement.

Or a statement from someone who doesn’t want to think about what the numbers could be telling us.

Even if this wave is ending in Florida, it was about as clear as could be that you can’t play fast and loose and expect everything to be hunky dory.

It is not naive. I have cited multiple sources in thread, have used those cited by others trying argue against. I could cite more. I follow multiple epidemiologists and statisticians of all stripes, some very liberal. They all say very similar things.

Cite your evidence. If you have none then you quite literally have no point and are simply erecting strawmen.

It is not naive. I have cited multiple sources in thread, have used those cited by others trying argue against. I could cite more. I follow multiple epidemiologists and statisticians of all stripes, some very liberal. They all say very similar things.

Cite your evidence. If you have none then you quite literally have no point and are simply erecting strawmen.
You keep claiming the virus had peaked and all evidence says that it has not.

And don't even try to use flawed death counts when Florida is reporting in such a bullshit manner

These metrics are sent to the CDC by Florida’s health department. The state only releases a comprehensive COVID-19 report publicly once a week on Fridays.

This past Friday’s report showed that the new-case positivity rate statewide had reached 19.8%, a ninth consecutive week of increases in that metric.

Overall, more than 85% of Florida’s hospital beds are being used and over 95% of the state’s ICU beds are full.

CLEARLY not peaking.
Again

And don't even try to use flawed death counts when Florida is reporting in such a bullshit manner

Oh, bullshit. Hospitalizations are down as well.

Literally the only only number you can point to is cases, which we have discussed already, and the 7 day MA on even that is still declining.

You cannot dismiss the numbers simply because you don't like them.

Prove they're flawed. Your claim. Prove it.

Prove they're flawed. Your claim. Prove it.
Prove they’re flawed? Watch that site next week. One day will show 0 deaths. The next 8. Later Florida will report 800/900.

How do you NOT see that as flawed?

How do you claim with a straight face that you can use those numbers to declare that the virus has peaked?

Oh, bullshit. Hospitalizations are down as well.

Literally the only only number you can point to is cases, which we have discussed already, and the 7 day MA on even that is still declining.

You cannot dismiss the numbers simply because you don't like them.
26,000 infections (cases) on Wednesday
27,000 on Friday
Both daily records

And you’re trying to claim a reduction?

One might think you aren’t being honest

CLEARLY not peaking.
And hospitalizations are NOT down

In fact Florida leads the nation

It depends on the mask. Some won't protect the person who wears it. So my question is, why wear a mask that doesn't protect yourself when there are masks out there that do protect not just others but the person wearing a mask.

Those masks are the N95, Surgical Mask, FFP1 Mask.

Unlike when the pandemic started, those masks are widely available to everyone.

View attachment 531776
well there are different grades of masks. I can understand that they want to keep the best mask available to people on the front line. If people were to buy up the better grades then that would leave the front line people exposed when doing there job.

So the lower grades masks is not just wearing the mask but the other things that are recommended like social distancing. It is a combination of things. It does appear that people like to just point to the mask but ignore the rest of the recommendation when criticizing the mask. Pointing to the obvious that it may not filter out everything but it is obvious that with no mask then nothing is filtered.

If masks work in the hospital setting then masks work. The lower grade masks need additional measures such as social distancing.

The seat belt does it really matter in day to day driving? I would say no but it does matter if you get in a accident. It does not mean that you will survive but will give you a better change of surviving. Falling over a cliff may not matter if your seat belt is on but it does give you a better chance at survival.

Prove they’re flawed? Watch that site next week. One day will show 0 deaths. The next 8. Later Florida will report 800/900.

How do you NOT see that as flawed?

How do you claim with a straight face that you can use those numbers to declare that the virus has peaked?

I've seen the same in other states as well. This happens in Il continously. They are still dumping numbers in from last year.

Flawed, ok. Fraudulent, no.

I've seen the same in other states as well. This happens in Il continously. They are still dumping numbers in from last year.

Flawed, ok. Fraudulent, no.
So you admit you’re making fraudulent claims based on flawed numbers

Thank you

Forum List

Back