Ron DeSantis Delivers Blunt Message For Those Thinking About Looting In Wake Of Hurricane

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) warned those who are thinking about looting in the wake of Hurricane Ian that they are putting their lives at risk as the state supports citizens using the Second Amendment.

DeSantis, who made the remarks while speaking in the devastated community of Matlacha near Fort Myers, said that he has seen citizens indicating that they will shoot looters.

“They boarded up all the businesses, and there are people that wrote on their plywood, ‘You loot, we shoot,’” DeSantis said. “At the end of the day, we are not going to allow lawlessness to take advantage of this situation. We are a law-and-order state, and this is a law-and-order community, so do not think that you’re going to go take advantage of people who’ve suffered misfortune.”

“I would not take that chance,” DeSantis said. “Florida is a Second Amendment state.”

more....

Clearly DeSantis believes in, "Fuck around and find out!".

So if someone (even a young white woman) climbs through a broken window...it's okay to shoot her without trying to figure out if she's armed or not?

My...how things change.

The distinguished governor isn't making any differences here between different races, sexes or orientations.

Why are you guys on the Far Left making an issue of it.

The distinguished governor isn't making any differences here between different races, sexes or orientations.

Well, you may remember back in January of last year...you guys were staging a riot and got upset that a woman climbing through a window was shot and killed by a security guard.

I'm wondering why you're suddenly in support of the hypothetical of a person breaking a window being shot.

Well, you may remember back in January of last year...you guys were staging a riot and got upset that a woman climbing through a window was shot and killed by a security guard.

I'm wondering why you're suddenly in support of the hypothetical of a person breaking a window being shot.

If you don't understand the difference between looting during a natural disaster and a mostly peaceful political protest, I'm not sure who can explain it to you.

So if someone (even a young white woman) climbs through a broken window...it's okay to shoot her without trying to figure out if she's armed or not?

My...how things change.
Yep, even black drug addicts that are passing funny money---and those who would usurp six blocks of a city for six weeks---and BLM/Antifa rioters who riot every night for 3 solid months. Yep, things have changed and we won't use a badge that was bestowed as a get out of jail free card by the speaker of the US house of reps. If the government can MURDER their citizens, the citizens ought to have the same rights, eh?

Because if people on the far Left wouldn't, then they would have nothing to talk about! :)

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) warned those who are thinking about looting in the wake of Hurricane Ian that they are putting their lives at risk as the state supports citizens using the Second Amendment.

DeSantis, who made the remarks while speaking in the devastated community of Matlacha near Fort Myers, said that he has seen citizens indicating that they will shoot looters.

“They boarded up all the businesses, and there are people that wrote on their plywood, ‘You loot, we shoot,’” DeSantis said. “At the end of the day, we are not going to allow lawlessness to take advantage of this situation. We are a law-and-order state, and this is a law-and-order community, so do not think that you’re going to go take advantage of people who’ve suffered misfortune.”

“I would not take that chance,” DeSantis said. “Florida is a Second Amendment state.”

more....

Clearly DeSantis believes in, "Fuck around and find out!".

I'm glad I won't have to be in a position to shoot someone if they are trying to take something. I understand his point, he is discouraging bad guys from turning a horrible situation even worse, but I thoroughly disagree with "shoot first, ask questions later" unless that other person is also armed.

If three loogan kids are exploring, checking out the destruction etc, do they want to have three dead bodies without warning simply because they walked into the wrong neighbourhood?

I suppose the warnings will have an impact in discouraging theft, I doubt too many people are that courageous or stupid in a place where so many are armed anyways.

Last edited:
If you don't understand the difference between looting during a natural disaster and a mostly peaceful political protest, I'm not sure who can explain it to you.
Exactly. Looting and trying to hang the VP is completely ok when you are trying to overthrow the government.

Not sure why Libs don't get that.

If you think there is a difference between breaking a window and climbing through it in either case....I'm sure you're hopelessly devoted to your misinformation blob.

Forum List

Back