Roger Goodell "We Were Wrong" Over Player Protests

This is very interesting.

Free speech is finally winning in the NFL.

The league will now support players if they take a knee during the anthem.

I support free speech in all forms as long as it's not violent.

Liberalism destroys everything it touched. I guess I won't be watching again.

We understand. We just disagree with the notion that millionaires who make so much fucking money for playing a stupid game should be so fucking ungrateful to the people who give them all that money that they shit on the flag.

The problem is, that "Millionaire" is still a second class citizen in his own country. Sure he can buy a fancy car, but then he runs the risk of being pulled over by a cop who will assume he stole it.

You know Im tired of that. They brought it on them selves, it is the reputation that they project. They project themselves as street thugs not businessmen. If there is anyone to blame it is themselves. it has only gotten worse since the advent ot the Rap Culture promoting the gangsta life style.

So rich black people have to dress and act like rich white people in order to not be harassed? And as always with victims of white male agression, it's the victims fault they're being abused. There's always a way to blame the victim. If black people didn't resist, police wouldn't brutalize them. If the girl hadn't gotten drunk at the party, she wouldn't have been raped.

It has only gotten worse as minorities, gays and women have been awarded more protections and toxic white male culture has been called out and exposed. White males have finally elected the ultimate "Fuck Boy" as President. An individual so lacking in morality, decency, or human compassion, that there is literally nothing good you can say about the man.

Republicans are going to be hard pressed to sell this incompetent asshole to the American people for 4 more years. A self-admitted serial sexual predator, with a long history of business failure, incompetence and bankruptcy, and criminal behaviour.

Trump can never hold public funds in trust again, and yet he has access to the Treasury of the United States of America. And he fired the oversight AG.

62422326_872381366453718_1256252628132691968_n.jpg

Now they need to ATONE for the whiteballing of Kaepernick and, not only pay him for stolen wages, but reinstate him in the NFL so that he can help some team win a championship.

Kneeling in front the flag backfired big time on Kaepernick, as a LOT of people were pissed over the disrespect of the American flag. Doing it again this year is stupid.....
What happened to freedom in this country....Why one has to stand for a flag? I go to get entertained not to get a dose of nationalism. No one should be shamed for not standing for the flag.
Thats reverse logic

Drew Brees said he would not take a knee and liberals attacked bim
Drew Brees was attacked because he criticized people’s method of protesting, not because he said he wouldn’t participate.

Get your facts straight.

Now they need to ATONE for the whiteballing of Kaepernick and, not only pay him for stolen wages, but reinstate him in the NFL so that he can help some team win a championship.
You have to be kidding, He was a bench warmer for the last part of his career and he was even given an opportunity to tryout for all the teams but he kept changing the rules so I believe only 6 teams went to the last minute location that Kaepernick selected

In other words, if blacks riot and burn and loot enough, the NFL will cave in and allow players to disrespect the national anthem. Great.

Um, yeah.

It's just a fucking song. It's not even a particularly good song, since most people don't even know the words.

I'd personally like to replace it with "America the Beautiful" as the national anthem. Rather than glorifying war and a pointless battle, it speaks to the majesty of the country.

The point lost on you, Axis Mikey, is that Colin and his fellow NFL players TRIED to address this issue of police brutality peacefully, and shitheads like you whined about the flag and veterans and not respecting "Murica".

And now that they are "rioting and looting", they have our UNDIVIDED ATTENTION. Why we are even ignoring TRUMP PLAGUE to pay attention to TRUMP RIOTS now.

NFL Players can express themselves more now? Will that cut both ways or only for minorities and liberal white players? Suppose a conservative player shows his support for closing borders? Is the NFL going to respect his free expression or are they going to shut him down?

You know Im tired of that. They brought it on them selves, it is the reputation that they project. They project themselves as street thugs not businessmen. If there is anyone to blame it is themselves. it has only gotten worse since the advent ot the Rap Culture promoting the gangsta life style.

Um, okay. Hey, funny thing, we've always had a soft spot in our culture for "gangsters".

Why are movies like Goodfellas and The Godfather so popular?

Why do we still consider John Dillinger and Jesse James "Folk Heroes" to this very day?

Yes, I think that the guy with his pants around his knees and wearing gold chains looks pretty silly, but he still shouldn't be harrassed by cops for the hell of it.

..but there is not a problem of police brutality--the problem is blacks:
murder at 4 times the rate
rape 2 times the rate
hate crimes 2 times the rate
crime higher rates
graduation lower rates
..so their ''free speech'' is really lies

Um, okay. Hey, funny thing, we've always had a soft spot in our culture for "gangsters".

Why are movies like Goodfellas and The Godfather so popular?

Why do we still consider John Dillinger and Jesse James "Folk Heroes" to this very day?

Yes, I think that the guy with his pants around his knees and wearing gold chains looks pretty silly, but he still shouldn't be harrassed by cops for the hell of it.
Stand up for your beliefs and walk in a black neighborhood after dark.

NFL Players can express themselves more now? Will that cut both ways or only for minorities and liberal white players? Suppose a conservative player shows his support for closing borders? Is the NFL going to respect his free expression or are they going to shut him down?

Most of them wouldn't ruin their personal brands by wanting to appear to be bigots, so probably not.

Mr. Goodell was not wrong back then.

But he is wrong now to grovel at the feet of the rioters.

He should prove his sincerity by immediately resigning (with a nice pension, of course) and turning over the position to a lady/gentleman of a certain ethnicity.

Stand up for your beliefs and walk in a black neighborhood after dark.

Nothing to do with my point. But thanks for bringing the racism.
No racism, I said the blacks create their own problems by promoting he thug/gangsta mentality, I ask if you would walk in a black neighborhood at night and you deflected the question showing your own racism

Last edited:
Goodell is a pussy. He is going to let these arrogant america-haters destroy the NFL. the NBA is already on the way out. You want empty stadiums and no TV revenue?----------keep this shit going.

On that topic. where is the outrage about the black privilege in the NFL and NBA? Why do we tolerate blatant discrimination against whites and asians in these leagues? Why not mandate that the team makeup of these teams reflect the racial mix of the country? Why is discrimination here acceptable but not in college admissions or hiring practices?

Most of them wouldn't ruin their personal brands by wanting to appear to be bigots, so probably not.

Border security is not bigotry. Further, the question is whether the NFL will respect players with all views but looks like they will use the loose interpretation of “Bigotry” to appease people like you.

Border security is not bigotry. Further, the question is whether the NFL will respect players with all views but looks like they will use the loose interpretation of “Bigotry” to appease people like you.

Yes, imaginary border security is bigotry... especially since the number of people crossing the border has been declining since the LAST Republican Recession.

Forum List

Back