Roger Goodell "We Were Wrong" Over Player Protests

No racism, I said the blacks create their own problems by promoting he thug/gangsta mentality, I ask if you would wank in a black neighborhood at night and you deflected the question showing your own racism

Well, I wouldn't wank in any neighborhood, because they arrest you for that if you do it in public.
Fucking Typo but you still deflect the question, would you walk in a black neighborhood at night?

Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave, you know, to show respect.
I always felt the same. Taking a knee before a king or sovereign has a complicated dual meaning, but it certainly is not disrespectful.

Kaepernick is an American citizen. I thought that was a reasonable, neither ā€œdisruptiveā€ nor ā€œinsultingā€ thing to do to express his strong feelings.

On the other hand, when overseas it is usually appropriate to stand for other nationā€™s anthems. In such circumstances I usually stand quietly, just out of respect for others. But no Nazi hand raising. I wonā€™t even swear on a Bible as Iā€™m not a believer.

Compared to many sports, American Football really has the ā€œfeelā€ of mechanized warfare. I sometimes enjoy watching, but I never went to games, except in college. Never liked that awful Anthem anyway.

The words of some of the later verses in the Star Spangled Banner, and the history behind it, reveal not just a military-centered patriotism, but the powerful pro-slavery spirit of its famous author:

Last edited:
This is very interesting.

Free speech is finally winning in the NFL.

The league will now support players if they take a knee during the anthem.

I support free speech in all forms as long as it's not violent.

Kneeling in front the flag backfired big time on Kaepernick, as a LOT of people were pissed over the disrespect of the American flag. Doing it again this year is stupid.....
What happened to freedom in this country....Why one has to stand for a flag? I go to get entertained not to get a dose of nationalism. No one should be shamed for not standing for the flag.
Thats reverse logic

Drew Brees said he would not take a knee and liberals attacked bim
Drew Brees was attacked because he criticized peopleā€™s method of protesting, not because he said he wouldnā€™t participate.

Get your facts straight.
they were disrespecting the flag his grandfathers fought for

Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave, you know, to show respect.
I always felt the same. Taking a knee before a king or sovereign has a complicated dual meaning, but it certainly is not disrespectful.

Kaepernick is an American citizen. I thought that was a reasonable, neither ā€œdisruptiveā€ nor ā€œinsultingā€ thing to do to express his strong feelings.

On the other hand, when overseas it is usually appropriate to stand for other nationā€™s anthems. In such circumstances I usually stand quietly, just out of respect for others. But no Nazi hand raising. I wonā€™t even swear on a Bible as Iā€™m not a believer.

Compared to many sports, American Football really has the ā€œfeelā€ of mechanized warfare. I sometimes enjoy watching, but I never went to games, except in college. Never liked that awful Anthem anyway.

The words of some of the later verses in the Star Spangled Banner, and the history behind it, reveal not just a military-centered patriotism, but the powerful pro-slavery spirit of its famous author:

There's nothing complicated. Bowing to another imperfect man shows your submission. No thanks.

Border security is not bigotry. Further, the question is whether the NFL will respect players with all views but looks like they will use the loose interpretation of ā€œBigotryā€ to appease people like you.

Yes, imaginary border security is bigotry... especially since the number of people crossing the border has been declining since the LAST Republican Recession.
Unless the number of illegal aliens crossing the border is zero the number is too high

Heā€™ll have no league

But it is a sign of subservience
That was what I was referring to when I said kneeling before a sovereign has a dual meaning.

But it is certainly not only subservience. The brother who kneels at the grave of a lost comrade is showing only profound respect, ā€œgrounding himselfā€ in recognizing our common bonds of mortality. Kneeling can also, like standing hand on heart, just show collective feeling. Taking a knee is ā€” symbolically at least ā€” not an expression of perverse individuality or disrespect.

Last edited:

Fuck the NFL

1591454221734.png

Fuck the NFL
I think this will hurt the NFL all over again

this is what separates tebow from kapernick:

ā€œI am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder. ā€¦ā€
colin kapernick

But it is certainly not only subservience. The brother who kneels at the grave of a lost comrade is showing only profound respect, ā€œgrounding himselfā€ in recognizing our common bonds of mortality. Kneeling can also, like standing hand on heart, just show collective feeling. Taking a knee is ā€” symbolically at least ā€” not an expression of perverse individuality or disrespect
Naw

this is what separates tebow from kapernick:

ā€œI am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder. ā€¦ā€
colin kapernick
He should stop supporting demofks. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is a loser

just saying

I will never understand people who scream freedom and liberty then turn around to try to take freedom and liberty from people who have a different view from them.

They show they are liars and have nothing but contempt for freedom and liberty.

They also spit on the countless Americans who fought and died for all Americans to have freedom and liberty.

They spit on that flag they use as a weapon against their fellow Americans who have different views from theirs.

Forum List

Back