Roe vs Wade Is a Bad Ruling

551182_10150663901687986_648392869_n.jpg
That meme is beyond ignorant. Obviously an UNFERTILIZED egg is not a chicken, as if that has anything to do with a preborn baby, which anyone who took basic biology understands is obviously not an unfertilized egg. :laugh:

Also, the picture in the bottom right corner is immediately BEFORE fertilization, so no one is claiming that the egg in that retarded meme is a person. A brand new person does not come into existence until conception has already taken place, not before. :rolleyes-41:

Here, maybe this will help you: Eggs, acorns and silkworms: Refuting pro-choice propaganda - Secular Pro-Life

that's if a woman is lucky enough to have a reliable cycle.

& even if she is - do the math...

she ovulates, then 2 weeks later she doesn't get her period.

OOPS! she's already 2 weeks pregnant, reducing her time to CHOOSE, making it only 4 weeks. if she has to gather cash, travel, perhaps lie to get time off from work - that puts her in an 'undue burden' situation, & strips her of her 14th amendment right.
Lucky enough to have a reliable cycle (most women do, within a couple of days or so) AND smart and responsible enough to use birth control, and SMART and responsible enough to have set aside a few hundred dollars to take a bus to a neighboring state.

And, if she wasn’t responsible enough to have an emergency fund AND she is in the 1% of pregnancies due to BC failure, and as far as needing more than 4 weeks to raise the cash for a bus ride and motel, I proposed the solution before: all the donors giving to Planned Parenthood, or PP itself, can divert money to a “bus to abortion” fund.

And finally, you are worried about the “undue burden” on the woman having to take the bus. What about the life she is about to end? ALL the sympathy on the irresponsible woman, which is 99% of the cases, and none for a living creature about to experience immense pain before having its life end.

You really need to learn the meaning of the word compromise. I’d say that requiring a woman to act within four weeks after learning she’s pregnant in order to save the unfortunate life growing inside her from excruciating pain as death occurs is a good compromise.

I wish there was no “disagree” button.

too bad. wanna get rid of the laughing@you emoji too?
If gives people who can’t argue a point an option of just saying “nu-uh” with nothing behind it.

you gotta learn not to post so quickly, lest it makes you look ignorant.

To the poster who just disagreed with me about having a compromise for abortion,

who - me! i am that poster! ;)
allowing a woman up to three months’ after she learns her failure to use birth control has resulted in a pregnancy (99% of instances),

as i said multiple times - the vast majority of abortions occur within that time span. you keep saying ' WEEKS' & you keep saying 6 WEEKS.
so - don't move the goalposts.

you‘re saying NO to compromise?

personally, i think 3-4 months is the right time, & as i SAID - most terminations fall in time span. BUT ... i will not make that decision for any other female.

That a woman should be able to kill a near-term fetus, exacting excruciating pain as its life is robbed from it, and there should be NO restrictions?

oh for fuck's sake - STOP it already. you needing to put words in other posters' mouths to justify yer own feelings is low class. of course there should be restrictions. remember when i said VIABILITY?
roe v wade already compromised 50 fucking years ago.

IOW, are you taking the “my way or the highway” approach to policies?

are you?

That meme is beyond ignorant. Obviously an UNFERTILIZED egg is not a chicken, as if that has anything to do with a preborn baby, which anyone who took basic biology understands is obviously not an unfertilized egg. :laugh:

Also, the picture in the bottom right corner is immediately BEFORE fertilization, so no one is claiming that the egg in that retarded meme is a person. A brand new person does not come into existence until conception has already taken place, not before. :rolleyes-41:

Here, maybe this will help you: Eggs, acorns and silkworms: Refuting pro-choice propaganda - Secular Pro-Life

a fertilized egg is not a person. it has human DNA - that is all.

so if life is so precious - - - why do rw nutters try to take away the heathcare needed for a pregnant female? why is the US lower on the maternity/infany survival chart than some ' 3rd world shitholes?

why are (R)s always voting down parental leave?

gimmee a break.

1638796013286.jpeg

too bad. wanna get rid of the laughing@you emoji too?

you gotta learn not to post so quickly, lest it makes you look ignorant.

who - me! i am that poster! ;)

as i said multiple times - the vast majority of abortions occur within that time span. you keep saying ' WEEKS' & you keep saying 6 WEEKS.
so - don't move the goalposts.

personally, i think 3-4 months is the right time, & as i SAID - most terminations fall in time span. BUT ... i will not make that decision for any other female.

oh for fuck's sake - STOP it already. you needing to put words in other posters' mouths to justify yer own feelings is low class. of course there should be restrictions. remember when i said VIABILITY?
roe v wade already compromised 50 fucking years ago.

are you?
Obviously, I am NOT taking the my way or highway approach. I’m talking about COMPROMISE. Ideally, 12 weeks, which gives the woman more than two months to get money for a bus ticket and motel, and is before the point the life inside her can feel excruciating pain.

Since I realize that some people are concerned ONLY with the mother’s convenience, and not anything about the suffering of a life as it is killed off, I’d say a reasonable compromise could be 16 weeks. MAX.

Exceptions if the mother’s life is at risk.

And finally, you are worried about the “undue burden” on the woman having to take the bus. What about the life she is about to end? ALL the sympathy on the irresponsible woman, which is 99% of the cases, and none for a living creature about to experience immense pain before having its life end.

that 'undue burden' is the standard the SC has used for years. now you & they wanna move the goalposts again.

You really need to learn the meaning of the word compromise. I’d say that requiring a woman to act within four weeks after learning she’s pregnant in order to save the unfortunate life growing inside her from excruciating pain as death occurs is a good compromise.

when a woman has an abortion after the 3rd month - sedation is involved.

Very deceptive to show a photo of a speem fertilizing an egg, as if to imply that’s the point at which women abort. Nobody even knows they’re pregnant.

But it’s what leftists do: downplay things. Look up a photo of a baby at the 26 week point, and post THAT,
I don’t think it’s a left / right issue, but I agree that pro-aborts always downplay things, and that’s putting it mildly. Whenever people want to murder or exploit a particular group, they always try to dehumanize their victims first. We can look back at history to see that.

so if life is so precious - - - why do rw nutters try to take away the heathcare needed for a pregnant female? why is the US lower on the maternity/infany survival chart than some ' 3rd world shitholes?

gimmee a break.

View attachment 572366
You didn’t even read what that poster said! We are saying that the photo of a sperm fertilizing an egg does not represent what a just-about-to-be-killed fetus looks like at the 26-week point.

And parental leave? That‘s up to each individual company. But why should OTHER people pay for you to stay home with your baby? That’s what annual leave is for. That’s also why some mothers stay home without a job for a few years, or more, and get by on a single income. Why do lwnjs always think that other people should pay for all their choices?

Since I realize that some people are concerned ONLY with the mother’s convenience,

lol ... you realize alot outa ignorance.

and not anything about the suffering of a life as it is killed off, I’d say a reasonable compromise could be 16 weeks. MAX.

oh now it's 16 weeks. first it was 6 ... then 12 ... now 16. some abnormalities don't show up until late in the pregnancy. why do you insist that female who terminate that late just flip a switch & say - naw.... i don't feel like being a mom?

why don't you just go along with the SC handmaid's view - i know you wanna.

download.jpg

gimmee a break.

View attachment 572366
That’s exactly what I just said, an unfertilized egg is not a person. OBVIOUSLY. So why did you disagree with my post when we are saying the same thing? Do you not understand that an embryo or fetus is not unfertilized?

Your second paragraph and the rest of your post is completely irrelevant to what we were talking about.

I don’t think it’s a left / right issue, but I agree that pro-aborts always downplay things, and that’s putting it mildly. Whenever people want to murder or exploit a particular group, they always try to dehumanize their victims first. We can look back at history to see that.

nobody's 'pro aborts'... can you get anymore extreme?

how'z about free birth control? that's a good compromise - outside of what roe v wade already established for 50 years. you willing to do that?

that 'undue burden' is the standard the SC has used for years. now you & they wanna move the goalposts again.

when a woman has an abortion after the 3rd month - sedation is involved.
That’s what is being reviewed - the undue burden clause. Very subjective. It’s not such an undue burden to take a bus ride to a neighboring state if you hemmed and hawed during the first three months of your pregnancy and missed the window of opportunity in your restrictive state.

That’s exactly what I just said, an unfertilized egg is not a person. OBVIOUSLY. So why did you disagree with my post when we are saying the same thing? Do you not understand that an embryo or fetus is not unfertilized?

i know exactly what i said. i expanded & said a FERTILISED egg is not a person. are you saying as soon as conception occurs - WHAM! full personhood occurs?

Your second paragraph and the rest of your post is completely irrelevant to what we were talking about.

aw - 'cause THAT part of the equation doesn'y fit into yer narrative? too bad - it's ALL related. you wanna force a female into being an incubating host, but not deal with the results once that 'life' progresses into a post born baby?

typical.

how'z about free birth control? that's a good compromise - outside of what roe v wade already established for 50 years. you willing to do that?

Condoms are 98% effective - and cheap.

And parental leave? That‘s up to each individual company. But why should OTHER people pay for you to stay home with your baby? That’s what annual leave is for. That’s also why some mothers stay home without a job for a few years, or more, and get by on a single income. Why do lwnjs always think that other people should pay for all their choices?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why do rw nutters not wanna do anything about that precious 'baby' once its born?

12047090_1004970076215108_6286412291888440921_n.jpg

This thread demonstrates how divisive this issue is.

Compromise is near impossible….

the 50 year old law should remain as is. if it's overturned, nothing else will mobilize people more in going to the polls & since all indications point to the vast majority of americans want roe v wade to remain as is - it won't be good for those that want it gone.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why do rw nutters not wanna do anything about that precious 'baby' once its born?

12047090_1004970076215108_6286412291888440921_n.jpg
Who says we don’t want to do anything about the precious baby once it’s born? That’s another liberal lie. We pay to educate all children through age 18, we provide Medicaid, and food stamps, and subsidized housing, and free breakfasts and lunches, etc., etc.. You lwnjs think other people should pay for all costs associated with your having children.

I’m the one saying a compromise is.:

1) Up to 12 - 16 weeks in all states.
2) Planned Parenthood fund for women who delayed their choice after that 4 month time period to bus to a neighboring state

And for that, I‘ve been called a right wing nut job. What I see is that if you don’t agree with the left that abortion should be freely available, whenever and wherever you want it, regardless of pain and suffering to the fetus, you‘re considered a right wing nut job.

Forum List

Back