Roe v. Wade getting overturned!!

Historically, the would be mothers aren’t the ones who get prosecuted for abortions.
It's just a question. You don't have to answer it, of course, but it seems pretty important as we go down this road of trying to ban abortion. Wanna try again?

Do you think self-induced abortions should be punished? Why or why not?

You refuse to answer when life begins or the right to life.
Nope I've answered. Fetuses are very much alive. It's just irrelevant to the question of whether the state has jurisdiction over the womb.
Why should answer your questions as you dodge mine.
You're still dodging.

Nope I've answered. Fetuses are very much alive. It's just irrelevant to the question of whether the state has jurisdiction over the womb.

You're still dodging.

Right to life is ignored again in your post.

Yet you say very much alive. So you want the right to kill

Put the cost hanger down while you virtue signal. You might hurt yourself

And more to the point - why are you so afraid to answer? What do you think it would reveal?

And more to the point - why are you so afraid to answer? What do you think it would reveal?
You have given no specifics. It will depend on the laws.

Over the counter day after pills. Nope. Prescribed only if within the law via a doctor.

15 weeks is fine by me as a compromise. If its nationwide. If not we will decide in Alabama when life begins

You have given no specifics. It will depend on the laws.
I'm not asking for legal advice. I'm asking for your opinion. But you sure don't want to say what it is. How come?

If your state proposed a law to punish women for self-induced abortions, would you support it or not?

It's just a question. You don't have to answer it, of course, but it seems pretty important as we go down this road of trying to ban abortion. Wanna try again?

Historically, as I said, women aren’t the ones prosecuted. I see no reason to believe that will change.

Your question is about my personal opinion. Then you claim the question is important. I dispute that. My own personal view is of very limited significance one way or the other. I’m not a Congressman or a state legislator. Nor do I plan on ever being one.

The issue itself is actually more complicated than your rather simplistic question suggests.

If the baby gets born and mom immediately and intentionally smothers it to death, you bet she should be prosecuted for murder. But go back a half hour earlier and she snuffs the baby inside of her, the outcome should be different? Why?

I'm not asking for legal advice. I'm asking for your opinion. But you sure don't want to say what it is. How come?

If your state proposed a law to punish women for self-induced abortions, would you support it or not?
Yawn. At what term and by what means. If you self induce abortion in Alabama RIGHT NOW. You have violated Alabama law and can go to jail after ,20 weeks

Because the concept of unborn people having rights is nonsense. It's a conceit to justify your desire to bully others.

Is it really? The yet to be born has a separate pumping heart, a separate brain, and it's own unique DNA with arms, legs, and other human organs and a body of it's own inside the mother's womb. He or she is alive and is human, and in the minds of many it is utter nonsense to claim the unborn have no rights at all.

Are you sure there's no bullying going on from both sides?

I have never poked your body.

Lol

Roe may be overturned. But they will not completely overturn it I think. I believe they may just go with 15 weeks.

We will not know til its out. But changes nothing on abortion except maybe having to travel to get an abortion.
They’ll probably due that - go to 15 weeks - as a compromise.

But from a Constitutional perspective, it’s still wrong. the SCOTUS should not be making laws. The correct decision would be to return it to the states. But with the leftists threatening to murder them if they don’t yield, I doubt they will.

Because the concept of unborn people having rights is nonsense. It's a conceit to justify your desire to bully others.
So you’re opposed to bullying others? Then I take it you agree the thugs in front of the justices houses, issuing threats, should be arrested and out in jail?

Your question is about my personal opinion. Then you claim the question is important. I dispute that. My own personal view is of very limited significance one way or the other. I’m not a Congressman or a state legislator. Nor do I plan on ever being one.
We're discussion the rationale and practice of banning abortion. If you're afraid to express your opinion, that's ok. I'm just curious how far pro-lifers want to take this. And it IS a relevant question because - especially as abortion clinics are banned - self-induced abortion will become common. And I suspect pro-lifers will want to prohibit that as well. Will you support that, or push back?
If the baby gets born and mom immediately and intentionally smothers it to death, you bet she should be prosecuted for murder. But go back a half hour earlier and she snuffs the baby inside of her, the outcome should be different? Why?
Because that's where we draw the line between a separate person, with rights, and the contents of a woman's body (and no one else's business). It's the only practicable approach in my view.

Yawn. At what term and by what means. If you self induce abortion in Alabama RIGHT NOW. You have violated Alabama law and can go to jail after ,20 weeks
:dance:

Do you have an opinion on the matter? Would you vote for, or against, such a law in your state?

:dance:

Do you have an opinion on the matter? Would you vote for, or against, such a law in your state?
I agree with a compromise down to 15 weeks. Bur the blue states end late term abortion.

If you self abort here after 15 weeks enjoy prison.

Is it really?
Yes.
The yet to be born has a separate pumping heart, a separate brain, and it's own unique DNA with arms, legs, and other human organs and a body of it's own inside the mother's womb. He or she is alive and is human, and in the minds of many it is utter nonsense to claim the unborn have no rights at all.

Are you sure there's no bullying going on from both sides?
Quite sure. We have to draw a line on when a legal person, with state protected rights, exists. Drawing that line inside the woman's body is, to me, incompatible with fundamental individual rights.

Forum List

Back