Roe overturned

All the republican's have to do is keep beating the drum's on Democrat's who have supported the most heinous, nastiest bull crap ever, and continued support of stuff that isolated over have the nation who aren't with the sort of things they support.. Stuff that caused parent's to be considered terrorist for speaking out on behalf of their children for whom they still care for greatly, and for whom they aren't going to sit by and allow them to be indoctrinated etc without their having a say in it. Then there's gas, food and all the other crazy bull crap these knuckleheads caused. It's going to be a route.
You know, out here in the REAL WORLD, NOBODY has talked about this decision. I haven't heard ANYONE talking about this. It's not going to be a major voting issue. High gas prices, food shortages and home heating costs will be some of the voting issues.

Mods. Please.

I am having dinner with my wife and decided to check msgs and recent posts Surely some of the posts in this thread is out of bounds. Ths is beyond the worst I've ever seen on USMB. Way to ruin a nice dinner and night out.
I would expect it would be. The court has turned the abortion battle into a war between states, cities, and neighbors. Notice that they released the Roe decision, closed up, and got out of town. They probably had their plane tickets and passports in their brief cases.

The Federal government has made shipments of abortion pills permanently legal in the US mail which opens the door for business in the US and abroad to sell the abortion pills through the mail.

Governors in blue states have said they will not cooperate with any investigation, apprehension of any women being charged with violating abortion laws.

Planned Parenthood who have raised nearly 300 million dollars will be paying transportation, and logging for those seeing out of state abortions.

A Cobalt Fund has opened in Colorado to help out of state women seeking an abortion. Similar funds have been started in almost all states that support a women's right to an abortion.

From laws shielding abortion providers from extradition, arrest and malpractice suits to increased funding and security for clinics, Albany and City Hall made it clear that New York will remain a safe haven for women seeking an abortion.

An Alabama preacher is urging his flock to boycott any stores that offer to help women seeking an abortion.

Several Texas legislature suggested that we need more stringent laws to stop women from getting abortions in other states.

The growing list of names of the biggest corporation that will provide assistance to their employees and families in seeking an abortion includes:

Microsoft​

Apple​

Meta​

Amazon​

Tesla​

Citigroup​

Dick's Sporting Goods​

Disney​

Netflix​

Comcast-NBC Universal​

Warner Bros​

JPMorgan Chase​

Nike​

Kroger

Alaska Airlines

Goldman Sachs

Zillow

Bumble​

Levi Strauss​

Lyft & Uber​

Match Group​

Salesforce​

Yelp​

Starbucks​

Only in a "Democracy." But we're not. We are a Constitutionally LIMITED Republic.
There is no country with a pure democracy. The United States is a representative democracy. This means that our government is elected by citizens. Here, citizens vote for their government officials. These officials represent the citizens’ ideas and concerns in government.

I would expect it would be. The court has turned the abortion battle into a war between states, cities, and neighbors. Notice that they released the Roe decision, closed up, and got out of town. They probably had their plane tickets and passports in their brief cases.

The Federal government has made shipments of abortion pills permanently legal in the US mail which opens the door for business in the US and abroad to sell the abortion pills through the mail.

Governors in blue states have said they will not cooperate with any investigation, apprehension of any women being charged with violating abortion laws.

Planned Parenthood who have raised nearly 300 million dollars will be paying transportation, and logging for those seeing out of state abortions.

A Cobalt Fund has opened in Colorado to help out of state women seeking an abortion. Similar funds have been started in almost all states that support a women's right to an abortion.

From laws shielding abortion providers from extradition, arrest and malpractice suits to increased funding and security for clinics, Albany and City Hall made it clear that New York will remain a safe haven for women seeking an abortion.

An Alabama preacher is urging his flock to boycott any stores that offer to help women seeking an abortion.

Several Texas legislature suggested that we need more stringent laws to stop women from getting abortions in other states.

The growing list of names of the biggest corporation that will provide assistance to their employees and families in seeking an abortion includes:

Microsoft​

Apple​

Meta​

Amazon​

Tesla​

Citigroup​

Dick's Sporting Goods​

Disney​

Netflix​

Comcast-NBC Universal​

Warner Bros​

JPMorgan Chase​

Nike​

Kroger

Alaska Airlines

Goldman Sachs

Zillow

Bumble​

Levi Strauss​

Lyft & Uber​

Match Group​

Salesforce​

Yelp​

Starbucks​

So.

I simply don't give a shit when we are discussing saving the lives of the unborn babies who are murdered every year. My major complaint is late term and those states who brag about doing so.

Our State will decide here. Not you or any other state unless your side is willing to Compromise. But you are not willing to do so. Abortion on demand up to and including birth all over the nation. This is Barbarism.

So all this WOKE SHIT..........I simply don't care.

There is no country with a pure democracy. The United States is a representative democracy. This means that our government is elected by citizens. Here, citizens vote for their government officials. These officials represent the citizens’ ideas and concerns in government.
And this power is checked by 2 other branches. One branch just said NO.

Either State or Federal governments must provide for people who need help.

Where is the enumerated power for that in the Constitution? And welfare is almost never about people who need help. It's about people who choose to live off of the fruits of the labors of others.

That's true. I can only tell you how I feel as a conservative. I assume other conservatives feel like I do.

Most certainly. I feel like the left is trying hard to destroy him and his family and all of his companies and all of his employees. If they succeed, it is certainly possible that he becomes a pauper from no fault of his own. That is the classic case of for whom conservatives do have empathy.

It would be terribly sad if he and his family and his employees were all brought to that because of the political scheming and hatred created through the lies of Democratic leaders pushing an agenda over truth.

Same thing; work or fight. I fight my own Republican congress person because he's a fraud. I donate to his primary opponents. I do what I can.

Wow. This is just sad. Your vote is bought with just a knock on the door? He didn't even have to give you a schilling and you sold your vote? No care for whether his plans or goals align with what you believe, you like him personally?

That is why we have Biden - because people voted against mean tweets without considering what Biden was very explicitly, very vocally, promising to do to our nation. Now that he's doing it, suddenly they no longer like him.

You cheated yourself and your community and your nation.
I love President Biden

I've never encountered anyone using the term "groomer" or "grooming", unironically, who wasn't a shit human.

It's just such an openly Nazi thing to do, creating a class of scapegoats just to gain poltical power, deliberately trying to incite violence against them.

Are you suggesting that queers and transvestites sexualizing children is not grooming? Not getting them top open their minds to perversion while they're young and impressionable so they'll be more open to perversion as adults?

Only the leftists stranglehold on power would be destroyed.

Why do you think states are unable to manage their own affairs? Why should California or New York dictate how Michigan or Ohio governs itself?

This decision ISNT the end of the world. Listening to the left whine day and night is tiresome
To great extent states are able to manage themselves.
Just about every state needs help from the federal government at one time or another; Florida hurricanes, Midwest floods an tornados, California fires, etc. And some states such as Mississippi need a lot help continuously. Most other states get help because they ask for it. I don't remember any state being forced to take federal funds. Today the country faces many issues that cross state line such as drugs, air and water pollution and now global warming. Unlike 1776, what happens in one state often effects other states are all states.

Are you suggesting that queers and transvestites sexualizing children is not grooming?
No, I'm saying that's not happening, and you're just lying. Because yes, that is the case.

Not getting them top open their minds to perversion while they're young and impressionable so they'll be more open to perversion as adults?
Someone here is definitely obsessed with children's sexuality. It's all you seem to talk about.

All the republican's have to do is keep beating the drum's on Democrat's who have supported the most heinous, nastiest bull crap ever
So, you want to push groomer lies even harder.

That's blown up in your face. People are rightfully disgusted by your actions.

Why not maybe try something that's not based on emulating the Nazis?

It ENSURES CORRUPTION
Yet state and local govs are way more corrupt than the feds. Well, provided a Republican isn't president, at least. Your way creates more corruption.

What creates the most corruption, of course, is the ability to buy politicians with campaign contributions.

Democrats want to stop that. Republicans fight to preserve their right to buy politicians. Democrats are anti-corruption, you're pro-corruption.

The government has the right to impose taxes according to the Will of the Majority. People who can not support themselves do have a Right to Life. Thank G-d and my parents, I have all support I need.

I think I've already asked if you have ever read the Constitution. The government has the right to impose taxes according to the Federal or State Constitutions, respectively. The will of the people counts for elections only, but even then still within the election rules defined in the Constitutions.

I have the right to keep and bear arms. If I can't afford one, is it the obligation of the government to buy me one?

Your right to life argument is absurd.

And I'm OK with punishing abortionists because I think abortionists are pieces of shit. I don't need religion to tell me what is wrong and what is right. You keep saying that religious people can't recognize wrong from right but, somehow, you can. You're still a fucking hypocrite.
Post reported

Actually it gives the state legislature, not the voters the power to change, delete, or let stand state abortion laws. I vote democrat and after thinking thru the court ruling, I agree. It's not that I want to see the poor suffer and be force to bear children they can't afford in red states but because the ruling makes it impossible for a federal law to ban abortion. I'll rest easy knowing states my kids and grandkids live in will likely never lose their right to an abortion due to a federal law.
God bless Donald Trump? It's because of Trump, this is true. However, God does not approve of abortion on demand to cover up immoral decisions by men and women.

Great post overall but I would like to point out one thing: The Constitution requires that all of the States have a republican form of government. Ballot propositions are democratic and are expressly unconstitutional.
Where in the Constitution are propositions unconstitutional?

One can support something that "is not for them". I am not sure why so many people think they cannot.

Well, yes marriage should always between consenting adults only.

Same sex marriage is next, you all have already told us that.

Some bullshit about "historical" versions of marriage, which includes polygamy, which it turns out you are "ok" with and child marriage which you are not.

Historical versions of marriage also included forced marriages and arranged marriages, I wonder how you feel about those.

Then there is this historical version of marriage, If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days."

I wonder if you support that historical version of marriage.

I know a lot of people who had their marriages arranged. They love their husbands and wives as much as you and I do. They have a far less rate of divorce than Americans. We're really not very good at selecting spouses as a nation - even though I'm coming up on 50 years of marriage myself.

Anyway, I don't support polygamy. I don't advocate for it and would never write my state representative asking them to vote for it or against it. I also won't change who I am voting for regardless of whether they did or did not vote for some as-yet-hypothetical polygamy bill.

You know, out here in the REAL WORLD, NOBODY has talked about this decision. I haven't heard ANYONE talking about this. It's not going to be a major voting issue. High gas prices, food shortages and home heating costs will be some of the voting issues.
You're hoping it won't be a major issue but when 74 million American women voters lose their right to an abortion they had for 50 years it will be an issue and not just with democrats. Although support for overturning Roe among Republican men was 90% with 8% opposing. With Republican women, 49% supported overturning Roe and 48% opposed.

It was 4 men and 1 women that overturned Roe. And in most legislatures it was mostly over 90% men that passed the abortion laws.

Come November, women who are most effect by overturning Roe will have for the first time and equal voice with men. Maybe republican men keep their wives barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen but maybe times have change.
It should be interesting.

Forum List

Back