Robert Mueller Deserves a Medal

A well deserved pat on the back for Robert Mueller. May he now rest in peace. He did his job knowing that approximately half the country would hate and revile him, no matter what the investigation found, but he didn't flinch. He never changed his story, either, much to the frustration of a good part of Congress.

Well done, good and faithful servant.

This op ed is by Kathleen Parker (who used to be a Republican until the man with the squirrel living on his head became her President)​

Robert Mueller deserves a Medal of Honor
Trump-Russia-Probe-6-720x445.jpg

The picture that spoke far more words than former special counsel Robert Mueller uttered during last week’s hearings was taken by renowned photographer David Hume Kennerly.

The close-up of Mueller’s face was a portrait of rare depth, the sort one is more likely to find on a Leonardo da Vinci canvas with all its shadows, hollows and his soulful, nearly weeping eyes. I found myself thinking of paintings of the Agony in the Garden, showing Jesus’ upturned face as he prayed. No doubt, Mueller, too, was praying that this all would soon be over.

On Instagram, Kennerly captioned his photo: “Weary warrior.”

The tag was fitting and perfect. Mueller, a Vietnam War hero and recipient of a Bronze Star, has fought nobly throughout a life of distinguished public service. Whether defending his country on the battlefield or as director of the FBI, he has by all accounts been a man of honor, dignity and careful judgment.

After two years of draining the swamp of several of its slimiest occupants — all associates of the president of the United States — Mueller had to present himself one final time for the benefit of politicians bent on showboating at his expense. Democrats wanted to get him on record saying that he did not exonerate President Donald Trump of possible obstruction of justice, which everyone who cared already knew. This they did by reading excerpts of Mueller’s 400-plus-page report and asking him to confirm that they were correct.

Mueller kept the bulk of his responses to “yes,” “no,” “true” and “correct.” The rest largely consisted of “I refer you to the report,” “It’s outside my purview” and, best of all, “I take your question,” which apparently is a polite way of saying, “I rue the day you were born.”

Both party’s members had their agenda. Republicans wanted to get themselves on record as Trump sycophants, apparently, while also proving that they could be just as nasty as Democrats were to Brett Kavanaugh during his Supreme Court nomination hearings last year. You may now check your boxes and get back to phoning your donors.

It was painful to watch as Republicans yelled at Mueller, pounding the table and throwing their best tantrums, even as Mueller was clearly not at his best. Whether he was merely tired — or just sick and tired — or perhaps even giving in a bit to age, he surely deserved more of their respect.

Most egregiously obnoxious was Georgia Rep. Doug Collins, the ranking Republican on the House Judiciary Committee. After saying that he is often accused of speaking too fast and promising to slow it down, Collins then proceeded to imitate an auctioneer, shoving as many words into a split second as is humanly possible. This was plainly deliberate and seemed intended to confuse Mueller or make him seem not fully cognizant. More than once, Mueller was forced to ask him to repeat the question. It was one of the most arrogant, self-important performances I’ve witnessed in decades of political reporting. Can we send Collins back to where he came from, please?

Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, shouted so much I was afraid he might choke on his tongue. And Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, got worked up over Volume II of the report, which he said broke regulations, and yelled that Trump wasn’t above the law but somehow shouldn’t be below it either

One notices that you don’t truly know people until they have power. For a few hours last Wednesday, members of the Judiciary and Intelligence committees had power over Mueller, and several revealed themselves to be unworthy of the audience. Mueller isn’t a perfect man, but he is a gentleman. He exercised his own power during the investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election by never speaking a word publicly.

In starkest contrast to Trump, who bellowed his non-exoneration, Mueller isn’t an attention-seeker. This man of few words surely had aplenty to say in the privacy of his own space with an audience of his own choosing. Or, perhaps, he had nothing more to say, having completed the job he was asked to do with his usual tenacity and humility.

This is what I saw in his face as I watched the proceedings — a humble man who has seen enough of life and kept his own counsel through most of it. A weary warrior, indeed. For his forbearance throughout his investigation — and his patience through last week’s insufferable hearings — he deserves a Medal of Honor.

Kathleen Parker is a columnist for The Washington Post. Her email address is [email protected].
He destroyed innocent lives even though he KNEW this thing was a hoax. He bankrupted families at 5he end of their career for POLITICS. He is a vile man.
Sounds like you are talking about Trump.

Sounds like most on every spectrum of politics...

A well deserved pat on the back for Robert Mueller. May he now rest in peace. He did his job knowing that approximately half the country would hate and revile him, no matter what the investigation found, but he didn't flinch. He never changed his story, either, much to the frustration of a good part of Congress.

This op ed is by Kathleen Parker (who used to be a Republican until the man with the squirrel living on his head became her President)​

The picture that spoke far more words than former special counsel Robert Mueller uttered during last week’s hearings was taken by renowned photographer David Hume Kennerly.

The close-up of Mueller’s face was a portrait of rare depth, the sort one is more likely to find on a Leonardo da Vinci canvas with all its shadows, hollows and his soulful, nearly weeping eyes. I found myself thinking of paintings of the Agony in the Garden, showing Jesus’ upturned face as he prayed. No doubt, Mueller, too, was praying that this all would soon be over.

The tag was fitting and perfect. Mueller, a Vietnam War hero and recipient of a Bronze Star, has fought nobly throughout a life of distinguished public service. Whether defending his country on the battlefield or as director of the FBI, he has by all accounts been a man of honor, dignity and careful judgment.

After two years of draining the swamp of several of its slimiest occupants — all associates of the president of the United States — Mueller had to present himself one final time for the benefit of politicians bent on showboating at his expense. Democrats wanted to get him on record saying that he did not exonerate President Donald Trump of possible obstruction of justice, which everyone who cared already knew. This they did by reading excerpts of Mueller’s 400-plus-page report and asking him to confirm that they were correct.

Mueller kept the bulk of his responses to “yes,” “no,” “true” and “correct.” The rest largely consisted of “I refer you to the report,” “It’s outside my purview” and, best of all, “I take your question,” which apparently is a polite way of saying, “I rue the day you were born.”

Both party’s members had their agenda. Republicans wanted to get themselves on record as Trump sycophants, apparently, while also proving that they could be just as nasty as Democrats were to Brett Kavanaugh during his Supreme Court nomination hearings last year. You may now check your boxes and get back to phoning your donors.

It was painful to watch as Republicans yelled at Mueller, pounding the table and throwing their best tantrums, even as Mueller was clearly not at his best. Whether he was merely tired — or just sick and tired — or perhaps even giving in a bit to age, he surely deserved more of their respect.

Most egregiously obnoxious was Georgia Rep. Doug Collins, the ranking Republican on the House Judiciary Committee. After saying that he is often accused of speaking too fast and promising to slow it down, Collins then proceeded to imitate an auctioneer, shoving as many words into a split second as is humanly possible. This was plainly deliberate and seemed intended to confuse Mueller or make him seem not fully cognizant. More than once, Mueller was forced to ask him to repeat the question. It was one of the most arrogant, self-important performances I’ve witnessed in decades of political reporting. Can we send Collins back to where he came from, please?

Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, shouted so much I was afraid he might choke on his tongue. And Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, got worked up over Volume II of the report, which he said broke regulations, and yelled that Trump wasn’t above the law but somehow shouldn’t be below it either

One notices that you don’t truly know people until they have power. For a few hours last Wednesday, members of the Judiciary and Intelligence committees had power over Mueller, and several revealed themselves to be unworthy of the audience. Mueller isn’t a perfect man, but he is a gentleman. He exercised his own power during the investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election by never speaking a word publicly.

In starkest contrast to Trump, who bellowed his non-exoneration, Mueller isn’t an attention-seeker. This man of few words surely had aplenty to say in the privacy of his own space with an audience of his own choosing. Or, perhaps, he had nothing more to say, having completed the job he was asked to do with his usual tenacity and humility.

This is what I saw in his face as I watched the proceedings — a humble man who has seen enough of life and kept his own counsel through most of it. A weary warrior, indeed. For his forbearance throughout his investigation — and his patience through last week’s insufferable hearings — he deserves a Medal of Honor.

Kathleen Parker is a columnist for The Washington Post. Her email address is [email protected].

Medals of Honor are for hero's, getting shot at. I didn't see a single BB gun aimed at him. So no, he deserves no medal.

Mueller joined the U.S. Marine Corps and served as an officer for three years, leading a rifle platoon of the Third Marine Division in Vietnam.

Ask the POTUS how many BB guns were shot at him.

Mueller also falsely accused an innocent man of a heinous crime, and continued to badger the poor man even after mewler knew he was innocent.

That makes him an unethical prick.

Kathleen Parker was never a Repub. She is a Scarborough. No one spews the same things Trump does and changes sides without being Bennie Arnold's. Their true colors makes the gays stolen rainbow colors look black and white. A bunch of Scarboroughs I say.....Don't be a Scarborough!

Medals of Honor are for hero's, getting shot at. I didn't see a single BB gun aimed at him. So no, he deserves no medal.

Mueller joined the U.S. Marine Corps and served as an officer for three years, leading a rifle platoon of the Third Marine Division in Vietnam.

Mueller also falsely accused an innocent man of a heinous crime, and continued to badger the poor man even after mewler knew he was innocent.

That makes him an unethical prick.

Can you post a link to these two men, but you think Trump is an ethical man.

Metaphorically, the shooting is still going on. It wasn't meant literally.

Kathleen Parker was never a Repub. She is a Scarborough. No one spews the same things Trump does and changes sides without being Bennie Arnold's. Their true colors makes the gays stolen rainbow colors look black and white. A bunch of Scarboroughs I say.....Don't be a Scarborough!
She's center-right. I've been catching her columns for a long time. It was actually difficult for her to turn on the Republican candidate for Pres. She may have even voted for him. It wouldn't surprise me.

He is more deserving of a prison cell.

you & trump believe anybody not loyal to HIM should be.

we are still a nation of laws, not men. nor one autocratic orange clown.

Except Immigration laws, of course.

tell big corp to start following them.

Nice dodge there, dickless.

No go scurry back to your hole.

they hire the illegals. they don't e-verify because it's not mandatory cause it's cheap labor ripe for exploitation. that is a fact, jack.

That's the next step. The first step is border control and removal of those here illegally we can catch, or we catch for committing ANOTHER crime. the 2nd remove social safety net provisions to remove one enticement to come here illegally, the 3rd is gun for the people hiring them to remove the last incentive.

they hire the illegals. they don't e-verify because it's not mandatory cause it's cheap labor ripe for exploitation. that is a fact, jack.

That's the next step. The first step is border control and removal of those here illegally we can catch, or we catch for committing ANOTHER crime. the 2nd remove social safety net provisions to remove one enticement to come here illegally, the 3rd is gun for the people hiring them to remove the last incentive.
Since most of them are here to work, why the social net removal first, before removing the illegal jobs? To punish them? Yes, I think so. Remove the employers who will hire them and suddenly we will have no one to mow our lawns.

He found nothing, and obviously [emoji849] didn’t know anything about the investigation. Another dupe, like the rest of the dim clown party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since most of them are here to work, why the social net removal first, before removing the illegal jobs? To punish them? Yes, I think so. Remove the employers who will hire them and suddenly we will have no one to mow our lawns.

To remove incentive. Removing the net first gives companies a chance to start shedding their illegals without us having to ruin said companies which would be like cutting off our own nose to spite our own face.

The social net would only be removed once we whittle the number down via enforcement and remove replenishment via a hard border.

And there are plenty of people who would take the jobs once the drain on salaries is removed by removing the illegals.

all without government wage interference.

To remove incentive. Removing the net first gives companies a chance to start shedding their illegals without us having to ruin said companies which would be like cutting off our own nose to spite our own face.

The social net would only be removed once we whittle the number down via enforcement and remove replenishment via a hard border.

And there are plenty of people who would take the jobs once the drain on salaries is removed by removing the illegals.

Wow. Supporting American companies involved in 100% criminal activity that hurts every citizen in this country--SUPPORTING it.

Wow. Supporting American companies involved in 100% criminal activity that hurts every citizen in this country--SUPPORTING it.

No, it's like weaning someone off crack. Why would we want to destroy companies that provide for our economy?

I am also supportive of treatment for 1st time drug offenders, or even 2nd or 3rd. It's less costly in the long run than incarceration.

The use of illegals is the same concept. They are around, they companies have an addiction to them, we need to wean them off of them.

No, it's like weaning someone off crack. Why would we want to destroy companies that provide for our economy?

I am also supportive of treatment for 1st time drug offenders, or even 2nd or 3rd. It's less costly in the long run than incarceration.

The use of illegals is the same concept. They are around, they companies have an addiction to them, we need to wean them off of them.
Well, good luck. Since only a small fraction of illegals collect any kind of benefits, I don't think it is going to work, but you are entitled to your theory.

And General Benedict Arnold was one of Washington’s greatest Generals.

So what’s your point again?

The point is Mueller answered the call when his country called and that Trump ran and hid. Mueller is a decorated Marine Officer I know that makes your skin crawl as a Trump Humper.

mueller earned a purple heart too. trump actually took the purple heart medal from a vet when offered.

images

LOL. I can’t stand Trump but for legitimate reasons, unlike you.

Mueller is a warmongering liar. Pushed W’s dumb illegal war. He prosecuted an innocent man over the anthrax incident and continued too, even after proof of his innocence was exposed. He is a scumbag.

sure uh-huh m'k... right. you have no clue what evidence mueller et al gathered because the grand jury has it. & the reasons i can't donny are all for very legit reasons - going back decades. but you continue on with your delusions.
I don’t know what you are talking about.

ya- a part of my reply didn't come out. mueller & his team have back up evidence & there isn't any screwing up this time. but it isn't in the report that congress or the public could see because barr won't petition the grand jury to get & release it. that's why nadler went to the court himself. next step will be an impeachment inquiry if needed.

& the reasons i can't STAND donny are all for very legit reasons , going back decades. (& you tried to say weren't)

but you continue on with your delusions.

capiche?

Backup evidence? WTF is that? We paid 30 fucking million dollars, got a 400 page report and he didn't lay out everything he had? Why the fuck did we hire him?

What is an impeachment inquiry? Is that like "impeachment lite?"

Backup evidence? WTF is that?

how stupid are you that you can't figure that out? what wasn't redacted,means the accompanying evidence is included in the report. the REDACTED names that were REDACTED GRAND JURY material... being REDACTED BY LAW & any BACK UP EVIDENCE is CONCEALED.... BY FUCKING LAW. understand now, oh poorly educated basket dweller?

We paid 30 fucking million dollars,

& manafort's seized assets alone was over $40 million. so can you do the math? i'll give you a hint - bob turned a profit for the gov'ment. we made $$$.

got a 400 page report and he didn't lay out everything he had?

ya he did. with what was allowed. guess who blocked the releasing of the redacted info though? 'eh? can ya???? huh? huh? HUH? yaaaaaaaaaaa...................... that would be trump's lawyer.... barr.

Why the fuck did we hire him?

whatchu mean ' we ' white man?

' weeeeeeeeee ' didn't. rod rosenstein did. can you guess who hired rod? huh? can ya can ya can yaaaaaaaaaaaa? yep........................ that would be president tinkles.

are you that fucking lazy that you can't educate yourself? no wonder trump loves you long time. a formal impeachment inquiry circumvents barr's cock blocking & means that ALL the redacted names, places & evidence will then be completely available to the judiciary committee. no more cover up. they take a looksey &i'm sure it will go to vote. first outa the committee & then on the floor.

Last edited:
LOL. I can’t stand Trump but for legitimate reasons, unlike you.

Mueller is a warmongering liar. Pushed W’s dumb illegal war. He prosecuted an innocent man over the anthrax incident and continued too, even after proof of his innocence was exposed. He is a scumbag.

sure uh-huh m'k... right. you have no clue what evidence mueller et al gathered because the grand jury has it. & the reasons i can't donny are all for very legit reasons - going back decades. but you continue on with your delusions.

ya- a part of my reply didn't come out. mueller & his team have back up evidence & there isn't any screwing up this time. but it isn't in the report that congress or the public could see because barr won't petition the grand jury to get & release it. that's why nadler went to the court himself. next step will be an impeachment inquiry if needed.

& the reasons i can't STAND donny are all for very legit reasons , going back decades. (& you tried to say weren't)

capiche?

Backup evidence? WTF is that? We paid 30 fucking million dollars, got a 400 page report and he didn't lay out everything he had? Why the fuck did we hire him?

how stupid are you that you can't figure that out? what wasn't redacted,means the accompanying evidence is included in the report. the REDACTED names that were REDACTED GRAND JURY material... being REDACTED BY LAW & any BACK UP EVIDENCE is CONCEALED.... BY FUCKING LAW. understand now, oh poorly educated basket dweller?

& manafort's seized assets alone was over $40 million. so can you do the math? i'll give you a hint - bob turned a profit for the gov'ment. we made $$$.

ya he did. with what was allowed. guess who blocked the releasing of the redacted info though? 'eh? can ya???? huh? huh? HUH? yaaaaaaaaaaa...................... that would be trump's lawyer.... barr.

' weeeeeeeeee ' didn't. rod rosenstein did. can you guess who hired rod? huh? can ya can ya can yaaaaaaaaaaaa? yep........................ that would be president tinkles.

are you that fucking lazy that you can't educate yourself? no wonder trump loves you long time. a formal impeachment inquiry circumvents barr's cock blocking & means that ALL the redacted names, places & evidence will then be completely available to the judiciary committee. no more cover up. they take a looksey &i'm sure it will go to vote. first outa the committee & then on the floor.

Why do the stupidest people use the most bold font to highlight their stupidity?

capiche?

Why do the stupidest people use the most bold font to highlight their stupidity?

why do the lamest trolls needing attention find the silliest things to try & engage cause they crave any kinda interaction with those that live outside of their basements?

capiche?

why do the lamest trolls needing attention find the silliest things to try & engage cause they crave any kinda interaction with those that live outside of their basements?

Nonresponsive

capiche?

Nonresponsive

2cc83698d9ff50c963364128efdd166e.jpg

Nonresponsive

2cc83698d9ff50c963364128efdd166e.jpg

Take some out of your ass.

Forum List

Back