Robert Conrad

Robert Conrad was unforgettable as James West in the Wild, Wild West. I still enjoy that series when I can catch an episode. Conrad played the role of Jim West with just the right amount of cool and seriousness. It was a 60s show that aged quite well. I remember watching it in back and white first then color. Always great villains on that show. May Robert Conrad Rest In Peace. His brought joy to many young boys in the late 60s who loved the fights, brawls and cool gadgets.

Anyway I remember a parody that Johnny Carson aired on commercials and one was the Conrad everlast battery commercial. It was hilarious. Still is.

I remember a Battle of the Stars (?), with Conrad and Lou Ferrigno on different sides.

they faced off, and Ferrigno put a car battery on his shoulder for Conrad to knock off in a parody of that commercial

Interesting...

The Skipper, the Professor, and MaryAnn all appeared on Hawaiian Eye years before they took their 3 hour tour.

I loved Ba Ba Black Sheep and enjoyed Wild Wild West...
I was watching the pilot episode of Ba Ba Black Sheep last night on the Heroes and Icons Channel. Great series.
Robert Conrad owned the role of Jim West in Wild Wild West.
When Will Smith tries to play that character it was an epic fail as was the movie.

Conrad was one of a kind, and the Wild Wild West is a great show that would not have been nearly as good without him.

I remember a Battle of the Stars (?), with Conrad and Lou Ferrigno on different sides.

they faced off, and Ferrigno put a car battery on his shoulder for Conrad to knock off in a parody of that commercial

Also, that must have been a sight to see when Gabe Kaplan of Welcome Back Kotter beat him near the end of a race.

Robert Conrad, Star of TV's 'The Wild Wild West,' Dies at 84

Conrad's ego and toughness also were on display during the Battle of the Network Stars specials, where he more often than not captained the NBC squad to victory. (He did lose one memorable race to Welcome Back Kotter's Gabe Kaplan, getting caught down in the stretch.)

Edit: found it lol @7:50

Last edited:
I enjoyed many episodes of Wild, Wild West in the 60s

For anyone interested, the DECADES TV network is airing a tribute to Robert Conrad this weekend showing highly select episodes of The Wild Wild West starting Saturday at noon running through till about 6AM Monday morning, including many of the best Dr, Lovelace episodes. I'll be recording a few on my DVR.

Where to watch

Forum List

Back