Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
Robert Conrad, Star of Television Series The Wild Wild West, Dies at 84

Joining Kirk Douglas on their last journey

tenor.gif

Last edited:
His batteries just ran out.

Actually, Duracells compared well. Each was a bit better at doing different things, depending on how rated. I think Duracells had a longer life of repeated draws (well recovery), but the Energizer could deliver a longer continuous current under a constant load.

Actually, Duracells compared well. Each was a bit better at doing different things, depending on how rated. I think Duracells had a longer life of repeated draws (well recovery), but the Energizer could deliver a longer continuous current under a constant load.
I've always been a Duracell guy for use in all my devices.

Energizer's never seemed to last near as long. ... :cool:

Huge bummer.

Kirk Douglas was one of the last of a dying breed of true Hollywood legends. A truly great talent of acting, singing and dancing in his day. One of Hollywood's greatest. I put him in the same class as James Cagney. These stars always had the coolest names too, like Clint Eastwood.

Conrad was just a cool guy. Did all of his own stunts. I think I have all of the Wild Wild Wests that pitted him against Dr. Migulito Loveless, his arch enemy, my favorite.

FWIW, Orson Bean just died too (honorable mention).

5852cadfaaabf__kirk-douglas.jpg

2914465-the_wild_wild_west_16.jpg

8632568_2.jpg

I've always been a Duracell guy for use in all my devices.

Energizer's never seemed to last near as long. ... :cool:

That's because most people are occasional duty cycle users rather than one long continuous drain.

Robert Conrad was unforgettable as James West in the Wild, Wild West. I still enjoy that series when I can catch an episode. Conrad played the role of Jim West with just the right amount of cool and seriousness. It was a 60s show that aged quite well. I remember watching it in back and white first then color. Always great villains on that show. May Robert Conrad Rest In Peace. His brought joy to many young boys in the late 60s who loved the fights, brawls and cool gadgets.

Anyway I remember a parody that Johnny Carson aired on commercials and one was the Conrad everlast battery commercial. It was hilarious. Still is.

Last edited:
Robert Conrad was unforgettable as James West in the Wild, Wild West. I still enjoy that series when I can catch an episode. Conrad played the role of Jim West with just the right amount of cool and seriousness. It was a 60s show that aged quite well. I remember watching it in back and white first then color. Always great villains on that show. May Robert Conrad Rest In Peace. His brought joy to many young boys in the late 60s who loved the fights, brawls and cool gadgets.

Anyway I remember a parody that Johnny Carson aired on commercials and one was the Conrad everlast battery commercial. It was hilarious. Still is.

Wild Wild West was cancelled because of being to violent according to the powers that be at that time. That show was great.

Forum List

Back