What a lousy way to go

Beats a very slow painful death over months/years of being dependent on nurses for diaper changes.

Actor-comedian Orson Bean, 91, hit and killed by car in LA

"Orson Bean, the witty actor and comedian, was hit and killed by a car in Los Angeles, authorities said. He was 91."

I remember him from WAAAAAY back on game shows.

The only thing I know the name Orson Bean from was that he was in the fantastic 1959 film "Anatomy of A Murder" with James Stewart, Lee Remick, Ben Gazzara, Eve Arden and George C. Scott and it has a fantastic soundtrack also from Duke Ellington.

Anatomy of a Murder - Wikipedia

Beats a very slow painful death over months/years of being dependent on nurses for diaper changes.

agree...

but a double car hit?

sucks

Last edited:

agree...

but a double hit and run?

sucks
True! An instant death by the first hit would had been better. If I could pick a way for my own demise, it would be to live relative health to a ripe old age and to be taken out instantly and painlessly by some random event.

All I remember about Orson Bean is all those game shows he was on. If there was a game show Orson Bean was sure to be on it sometime. A tragedy the way he died.

Last edited:

agree...

sucks

They didn't run. Both drivers stayed at the scene...

A man was walking in the Venice neighborhood when he was clipped by a vehicle and fell, Los Angeles Police Department Capt. Brian Wendling initially told local stations. A second driver then struck him in what police say was the fatal collision. Both drivers remained on the scene. Police were investigating and didn’t identify the pedestrian to local outlets, which named Bean based on eyewitness accounts...

agree...

sucks

A man was walking in the Venice neighborhood when he was clipped by a vehicle and fell, Los Angeles Police Department Capt. Brian Wendling initially told local stations. A second driver then struck him in what police say was the fatal collision. Both drivers remained on the scene. Police were investigating and didn’t identify the pedestrian to local outlets, which named Bean based on eyewitness accounts...

Corrected

agree...

sucks

At least they did a good thing not running away

Forum List

Back