Risk of hospitalization is 83% lower for OMICRON than DELTA (link to study)

Omicron will force vaccinate those who refused to get vaccinated.

And make them sicker than dogs during the process.

1000x more contagious than ALPHA

80% less likely to go to the hospital than DELTA.

OMICRON is kind of a puss....but some still want to hide under their beds.

Last edited:
Is this sort of a harbinger? Covid becomes a rather unpleasant virus that lays you up for a few days, and which you'd be wise to get your yearly vaccination? Like Influenza.

My daughter has it now. Her significant other had the full blown covid in 2020, and was sicker than sick, and she had a milder case in the early winter that year.

1000x more contagious.

I'm good with not going out to parties and restaurants for a few weeks, thanks. And my office's IT and admin offices had to shut down because they literally lacked staffing.

We are all happy because this is a good thing and we can soon go back to living our lives......RIGHT?
I'm hopeful. I mean this thing is VERY easy to get. You can easily get 60%plus people in an office or maybe a school with it. So, keeping people home who have it or have been exposed is necessary. Both my daughter and her SO are "furloughed." If you get vaccinated, your outcome will be much better ... most likely.

But with covid, the danger was our hospitals would literally have too many people needing respiratory help at one single time than could possibly be treated, so we'd have people literally dying in hospital halls ... or streets .. like a third world country. Trump and most governors did the responsible thing in shutting down society and keeping people at home when the situation in an area was particularly dangerous. And now we have vaccines that people should get.

Imo it's probably inevitable that we'll have another pandemic of sorts.

It has been known for awhile now that it was far less deadly and this was exactly what was expected. This was always going to happen at one point, the establishment 'ending' the virus or getting to no-covid was always a direct lie.

It has been known for awhile now that it was far less deadly and this was exactly what was expected. This was always going to happen at one point, the establishment 'ending' the virus or getting to no-covid was always a direct lie.

They would like it to go on as long as possible, or at least the threat of it, because it makes the ruling party relevant and gives them plenty of cover from any other news.

I think the big takeaway from this is is that it is 83% lower compared to Delta. That's good and bad at the same time. The question still remains, what is mortality like. Is it like Alpha or worse?

1000x more contagious than ALPHA

Yet because it is so much more contagious, and so many more people are getting it hospitals are filled to the gills. Even the VA my wife works at which has a limited patient base have filled both their COVID units and are looking for places to put the rest.

No bed hiding for me, but the reality is our hospitals are being slammed again

I think the big takeaway from this is is that it is 83% lower compared to Delta. That's good and bad at the same time. The question still remains, what is mortality like. Is it like Alpha or worse?

You answered your own question. It is less deadly than the original strain as well.

And it is never going away. New variants will be commonplace.

Yet because it is so much more contagious, and so many more people are getting it hospitals are filled to the gills. Even the VA my wife works at which has a limited patient base have filled both their COVID units and are looking for places to put the rest.

No bed hiding for me, but the reality is our hospitals are being slammed again

Omicron is a nothing burger but hey.....your wife has bigger balls than you do.

Forum List

Back