RIP Steelers Hall-of-Famer Franco Harris, his #32 1st to be retired since Greene, The immaculate reception happened 50 years ago this week, watch it!

From all accounts I'm hearing, and you often hear this from the sports yakkers, but it seems sincere that Harris was one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. I've heard quite a few stories about how friendly and gracious he was to people.

Also, there have been two jersey numbers retired in Steeler history, Mean Joe Greene in 2014, and someone else in 1964 that I've never heard of. You'll never see another number 32 in Pittsburgh after Saturday night.

The timeline, folks.

Franco Harris was a rookie in 1972, when Biden's first wife and baby died. Franco played in Pittsburgh, not Philadelphia.

I think Franco might have been a little more concerned about the playoffs in January 1973 than running across the state (300 miles) to babysit two boys of a freshman Senator.

Joe's a piece of work.

Yeah, Franco was a big Democrat and I am sure that they met up at various political functions since. But after the accident?

a football player for Pittsburgh. that simple description said a lot at the time

the Steelers did it with a style that resembled their city. it was fierce football, an unstoppable running game and a bruising defense. it was hard to run or pass on them, aggressive players swarmed the opponent whenever they tried something positive. opposing teams were uncomfortable just by the sight of the Steelers

Forum List

Back