Girls' Basketball Rules

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
When I was in school, girls played under different rules from boys. There were six players on a side. Two played on the defensive end of the court, two on the offensive end, and there were two rovers who could play on the whole court. You could only dribble twice, but I'm not sure whether that rule applied to the rovers or not.

Was this a universal thing, or just in my area?

Am I hallucinating?

Anybody remember anything else about the game?

When I was in school, girls played under different rules from boys. There were six players on a side. Two played on the defensive end of the court, two on the offensive end, and there were two rovers who could play on the whole court. You could only dribble twice, but I'm not sure whether that rule applied to the rovers or not.

Was this a universal thing, or just in my area?

Am I hallucinating?

Anybody remember anything else about the game?

I know Iowa had something like that.

Boys basketball did not allow dribbling and required a ladder to retrieve the ball from the basket.

It’s true. Libs think that biological men should be entitled to play on girls’ athletic teams because these guys claim to be women.

And a lib nominated and a lib approved SCOTUS Justice could not and would not deign to even try to define “woman” because the politically correct police might have taken offense at any commonplace and accurate definition.

Someone asks about some obscure rules of the past and you just can't stop yourself from mindless ranting.

Get help.
The subject, you drip, involves Girls’ Basketball Rules. One may have once been that they have to have two defensive players in the back court. But another was that Girls’ Basketball participants be girls.

You know. Those archaic old “rules.” Now, gfy. 😎

I never heard that, just the smaller basketball as far as rules, and the slow pace, low scores, and awkward shooting styles

Forum List

Back