RIP country legend Loretta Lynn (The Coal Miner's Daughter), dead at 90

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Loretta Lynn, the Kentucky coal miner’s daughter whose frank songs about life and love as a woman in Appalachia pulled her out of poverty and made her a pillar of country music, has died.

She was an American Icon

Always enjoyable to listen to and she seemed like such a nice woman

Loretta Lynn, the Kentucky coal miner’s daughter whose frank songs about life and love as a woman in Appalachia pulled her out of poverty and made her a pillar of country music, has died.

I remember being a kid and my mom playing her eight track alot (among others).

R.I.P. Thanks for the memories.

• Banned
on a personal note, i used to sing "High On A Mountain Top" on the karaoke in my 20's (10+ years ago)...embarrassing!

Nothing phony about her she was real what you is what she was. R.I.P. She was one of the Best in the Entire entertainment business.

Thanks to Loretta and her husband, the iconic LL motocross ranch is a special place for amateur racers to showcase their talents. RIP...

“Our precious mom, Loretta Lynn, passed away peacefully this morning, October 4th, in her sleep at home in her beloved ranch in Hurricane Mills,” the singer's family said in a statement.

A Country Western icon has passed, loved her music.

“Our precious mom, Loretta Lynn, passed away peacefully this morning, October 4th, in her sleep at home in her beloved ranch in Hurricane Mills,” the singer's family said in a statement.

A Country Western icon has passed, loved her music.

Just like Queen Elizabeth there goes another icon that you expected to live forever. I didn't know very much of her music, but I really like Coal Miner's Daughter. RIP Loretta. :(

Forum List

Back