Christmas Creep or are Retailers trying to cut losses?

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide
This thread is MY OPINION:

This is the Home Depot in Elko, Nevada a week ago.

1664896165447.png

This scene has repeated itself nationwide since mid-September. Just two years ago Christmas was not put out until after Halloween. SO, what's up with this? Is it just creep or is there more to this?

Anyone who has worked in retail can tell you that Christmas orders are made in the Jan-March times span of that year. Our economy was not yet in free fall. Now we have retailers with piles of stock and the very real possibility they will be unable to sell it.

Stores ordered their stocks almost a year ago. Now with the economy in full recession these retailers are worried they will be unable to sell their wares and have to eat the loss. Walmart is not even hiring holiday staff. Home depot is allowing attrition to lower their staff numbers. Target and other retailers are doing much the same.

Holliday staples such as turkey and other common foods are in very short supply. Our food chain is irrepealably damaged due to the Biden war on fuels and energy. Meet producers have killed off produce to keep themselves solvent. Our open border is taxing our food supplies and the public assistance coffers to the point of insolvency.

Tell Biden and Democrats thank you. It's not holiday creep its retailers trying to survive in a plummeting and shrinking economy.

Elections have consequences folks. Remember that in November.

Maybe it's something else. Something like Americans attempting to buy happiness in plastics?

I think the reason retailers are hiring fewer people is pretty obvious.

We became very comfortable not going anywhere to do our shopping. We discovered that we could buy everything from groceries to automobiles without getting out of our pajamas.

My smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend and I used to do the whole "Black Friday" thing, just because we thought it was silly (although, truth is, we did get some great bargains). We'd bundle up, arm ourselves with Starbuck's hot chocolate and wait on line, just because. Now, and we were just talking about this the other night, we just don't feel the urge to do it. We love the holidays, but we've decided that the holidays don't need to include standing outside Target at 11:00pm on Thanksgiving night just to get some deals.

Millions of people shop from home these days, and the pandemic, I believe, is a huge reason for that. Even though the pandemic is over (THANKS, JOE!) people have grown more comfortable with shopping online than they were getting dressed and driving to a mall.

I'll still hit a few stores here and there, but the reality is that my Christmas shopping is almost done...

Well at least the stores use the image of the Grinch!

He's been turned into the big jesus lie that's meant to ease the shoppers' conscience. Dr. Suess's good intentions have ended up causing more harm than good.

Retailers have two big seasons
Back to School
Christmas

Back to School sales start on the 5th of July
Christmas sales start right after kids return to school

This is nothing new.
LOL... After Halloween not 7 weeks before... I've talked with a few store managers locally and they are livid that they may be left holding the proverbial bag.

Thinking the faltering economy isn't the primary driver is ludicrous. Everyone I have talked with says it is the driver.

Too West Side Story

LOL!!

True story: When she and I first started going together, we were anchored out in Matanzas Bay one night. We'd been drinking and I decided it would be a good idea to start singing "Maria" to her, but changing the name.

Not one of my better decisions, to be sure, but she appreciated the effort...

LOL... After Halloween not 7 weeks before... I've talked with a few store managers locally and they are livid that they may be left holding the proverbial bag.

Thinking the faltering economy isn't the primary driver is ludicrous. Everyone I have talked with says it is the driver.
The Home Depots and Lowes around here start selling artificial Christmas trees in September.

Last year was the last Christmas

The globalist running the democrats will bring on nuclear armageddon soon.

Be ready America

Probably just staying ahead of the still broken supply chain. With gas prices rising, now might be the best time for Christmas shopping. Democrats ruin everything they touch.

Forum List

Back