RIP Charlie Pride

1607816070245.png

RIP Charlie.

*****SAD SMILE*****

:)

Don't tell us....covid right?....crash your car and die and you too will get listed as a covid death.....
The article, if you would trouble yourself reading - COVID related-
Full disclosure: He also posted about the other country music people that have died this year- when his sources, often as not, family, say COVID related he states it- his last about Billy Joe Shaver made no mention of it.

The owner of the linked website is probably the most objective journalist you'll ever read- and he is a master at crafting a eulogy.

This I did not know ---

>> But Pride’s first brush with fame would not be in music, it would be in sports. In 1952 he joined the Memphis Red Sox as a pitcher, which began his career in the Negro American League. Pride was once traded from the Louisville Clippers to the Birmingham Black Barrons for a team bus—the only player trade in baseball history that included a motor vehicle. <<​

One is reminded of a similar story, another guy named Harold Jenkins who was drafted by the Phillies but then drafted by the Army before going into music. I had a 78RPM Sun Records disc, 1956 vintage, that had Jenkins' first song on it, co-written with Roy Orbison. Jenkins then went on to his own career under the name Conway Twitty.

"Complications from Covid-19 " ?
That's highly questionable.
(interview from '94)
In his new autobiography, Pride: The Charley Pride Story, the 55-year-old singer says he has been taking drugs for depression since 1968.

":Complications from Covid-19 " ?
That's highly questionable.
Of course it is- to begin with, he's 86- it goes down hill from there- if he was in not good health a brisk walk could kill him- but, some 'sources' have to put a twist on everything- as I said, Kyle (the website owner), is the most objective journalist I've ever read- I've been reading his stuff for probably 4 years- if he finds out differently, if he can, (and he will try), he will post his finding.

I'm sorry that this man passed away, and my condolences to his family. But who was he? I take it that he was something in country music?

Forum List

Back