Right to Bare Arms

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
The dress code guidelines say straps under 2 inches are not allowed. The girl's shirt straps appear to be less than 2 inches. Personally, I don't think it's worth fighting over.

On the bright side, the girl got a new tee shirt and a lot of attention out of this.

Nine year olds are maturing mighty fast these days, it seems. I agree though that the dress code is the dress code. No spaghetti straps? So be it.

The dress code guidelines say straps under 2 inches are not allowed. The girl's shirt straps appear to be less than 2 inches. Personally, I don't think it's worth fighting over.

On the bright side, the girl got a new tee shirt and a lot of attention out of this.
To me, she had better appreciate it because some people work their butts off for the attention and they still don't get it.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

Doesn’t seem that extreme

Parents should have their own dress code. That child is representing your family

and shoulders.

Parents outraged after daughter, 9, is told her tank top 'distracts' boys at school

"A Florida mom was outraged after her 9-year-old daughter's school allegedly asked her to cover up because her tank top "distracts” boys. However, instead of complaining about the dress code, she and other students performed a peaceful protest."

Wonder who was really 'distracted' by her bare shoulders?

Her classmates, or her teachers?

Opinions?
This is why many schools have had to adopt dress codes. Short shorts, tank tops, wearing pants at half mast, and other fads that are not within the cross codes. The dress codes make things more equal, and changes what is important. That would be education of the minor mush heads.

Forum List

Back