Rick Wilson Pours Cold Water On DeSantis' Future

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
The Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) is slated to open this week in Maryland with Donald Trump, his son Don Trump Jr. and other allies of the former president being handed key speaking spots as attention turns to who will get the 2024 GOP presidential nomination.

One person who won't be there making their case before the assembled conservative activists is Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) who is ducking out on attending due to having other plans.

According to former GOP campaign consultant Rick Wilson, DeSantis' non-appearance at such a important stop for GOP hopefuls is a tip-off that he is not ready for prime time and, as he said on MSNBC on Sunday morning, he appears to be "running away like a scalded dog."

Speaking with the Guardian's David Smith, Wilson went in-depth on the weaknesses of DeSantis' bid for national office -- who he claimed has the "charisma of a toaster oven.”

According to Wilson, the supporters of DeSantis are “Culture war weirdos who believe this whole ‘woke’ thing, which is a meaningful but not enormous part of the party. National Review writers who are desperate, desperate, desperate, desperate, desperate for anything other than Trump so they can say, ‘See, we’re past that. We can go back to normal.’"

He warned, "I have some bad news for them. Nobody’s ever inviting them back in the room in the Republican party of tomorrow, just as nobody’s ever inviting guys like me back in the room. It’s over. The party’s run by the mob, not by the intellectuals, and it’s never going to go back. Once a movement becomes a populist movement dominated by the grassroots of the base, it never goes back to being a thoughtful, intellectually driven movement.”

In that vein, Wilson continued DeSantis is having to depend on "liberal Republican hedge fund billionaires from New York. The open borders, globalist US Chamber of Commerce are going out of their way to help DeSantis! The irony is DeSantis thinks he can have the most elite support and then trick the Maga base into thinking he’s a rah-rah like Trump. It just defies imagination.”

Looks like the usual suspects still have their lips surgically implanted to Trumps ass. I'm sure it will be different this time.

The Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) is slated to open this week in Maryland with Donald Trump, his son Don Trump Jr. and other allies of the former president being handed key speaking spots as attention turns to who will get the 2024 GOP presidential nomination.

One person who won't be there making their case before the assembled conservative activists is Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) who is ducking out on attending due to having other plans.

According to former GOP campaign consultant Rick Wilson, DeSantis' non-appearance at such a important stop for GOP hopefuls is a tip-off that he is not ready for prime time and, as he said on MSNBC on Sunday morning, he appears to be "running away like a scalded dog."

Speaking with the Guardian's David Smith, Wilson went in-depth on the weaknesses of DeSantis' bid for national office -- who he claimed has the "charisma of a toaster oven.”

According to Wilson, the supporters of DeSantis are “Culture war weirdos who believe this whole ‘woke’ thing, which is a meaningful but not enormous part of the party. National Review writers who are desperate, desperate, desperate, desperate, desperate for anything other than Trump so they can say, ‘See, we’re past that. We can go back to normal.’"

He warned, "I have some bad news for them. Nobody’s ever inviting them back in the room in the Republican party of tomorrow, just as nobody’s ever inviting guys like me back in the room. It’s over. The party’s run by the mob, not by the intellectuals, and it’s never going to go back. Once a movement becomes a populist movement dominated by the grassroots of the base, it never goes back to being a thoughtful, intellectually driven movement.”

In that vein, Wilson continued DeSantis is having to depend on "liberal Republican hedge fund billionaires from New York. The open borders, globalist US Chamber of Commerce are going out of their way to help DeSantis! The irony is DeSantis thinks he can have the most elite support and then trick the Maga base into thinking he’s a rah-rah like Trump. It just defies imagination.”

Looks like the usual suspects still have their lips surgically implanted to Trumps ass. I'm sure it will be different this time.
Why do you hate President Trump again?

Yep, OP is still masturbating furiously in the corner of some TDS mental ward.

R.09b68f914b01724aec6558999041cb8f

The Guardian :laughing0301:

I just cant see Gov. DeSantis jumping the line and running in 2024. He's a young man with plenty of time to serve as President after his successful reign in Florida is over.

But the leftist vermin, those who still have enough sense to realize it, keep clinging to DeSantis because he's the only potential Repub who can knock their dreaded ORANGE MAN BAD out of the running.

Their new god is a Republican. Isn't that fun?

Enough cognitive dissonance there to drive them to create obviously false stories like how Trump published a photo of Desantis drinking with high school girls!

And they believe every word of their own bullshit.

A co founder of the Lincoln Project? That's who you listen to?

I bet you think he's a Republican too?

Wilson is a Florida senator, reminds people of President Eisenhower.
Nope...

"
Frederick George "Rick" Wilson (born November 21, 1963)[1] is an American political strategist, media consultant, and author based in Florida. A former member of the Republican Party, he has produced televised political commercials for governors, U.S. Senate candidates, Super PACs, and corporations.[2]

Wilson was a frequent guest on political panel shows during the 2016 United States presidential election, where he denounced Donald Trump and his supporters.[3] He was later a strategist for the Evan McMullin presidential campaign.[4] Since Trump's election as president, Wilson has continued to be a critic. In 2018, Wilson released Everything Trump Touches Dies.

He left the Republican Party following the 2016 United States presidential election, and in late 2019 went on to co-found The Lincoln Project, a Super PAC organized by then-current and former Republicans opposed to and working to prevent the re-election of Donald Trump in the 2020 United States presidential election.[7]"

Yep. This. The high poll numbers. The contributions. They are thirsty and desperate for ANYONE, whose name isn't Trump. :)
It is unclear what DeSantis popularity will be until he actually throws his hat in the ring. And I suspect he won't in 2024. The moment
he does, they are going to climb through his life and political career with a fine tooth comb and he'll get attention that he probably doesn't want.

Nope...

"
Frederick George "Rick" Wilson (born November 21, 1963)[1] is an American political strategist, media consultant, and author based in Florida. A former member of the Republican Party, he has produced televised political commercials for governors, U.S. Senate candidates, Super PACs, and corporations.[2]

Wilson was a frequent guest on political panel shows during the 2016 United States presidential election, where he denounced Donald Trump and his supporters.[3] He was later a strategist for the Evan McMullin presidential campaign.[4] Since Trump's election as president, Wilson has continued to be a critic. In 2018, Wilson released Everything Trump Touches Dies.

He left the Republican Party following the 2016 United States presidential election, and in late 2019 went on to co-found The Lincoln Project, a Super PAC organized by then-current and former Republicans opposed to and working to prevent the re-election of Donald Trump in the 2020 United States presidential election.[7]"

I stand corrected. Apparently he's one of these "lincoln project" losers who somehow think they have any influence whatsoever.

Yep. This. The high poll numbers. The contributions. They are thirsty and desperate for ANYONE, whose name isn't Trump. :)
It is unclear what DeSantis popularity will be until he actually throws his hat in the ring. And I suspect he won't in 2024. The moment
he does, they are going to climb through his life and political career with a fine tooth comb and he'll get attention that he probably doesn't want.
I love it when progressive libs think they know internal Republican politics...

I love it when progressive libs think they know internal Republican politics...

Progressives still think that they can dictate the GOP nomination process like they did in 2008 and 2016.

They might be right for all I know, but no one thinks that a Lincoln Project-approved nominee would stand a chance of a snowball-in-you-know-where against Sleepy Joe Biden and/or the cackling hyena that serves as his hand-picked vice president.

Progressives still think that they can dictate the GOP nomination process like they did in 2008 and 2016.

They might be right for all I know, but no one thinks that a Lincoln Project-approved nominee would stand a chance of a snowball-in-you-know-where against Sleepy Joe Biden and/or the cackling hyena that serves as his hand-picked vice president.
Rick Wilson should stick to sucking Chuck Todd's dick for a spot on MTP.....

Forum List

Back