Rick Perry Hires Defense Attorney Amid Criminal Allegations

Hey SFBs, it would be even more fun if he won! :badgrin:

YOu mean having a piss-ignorant Texan who is a tool of big corporations?

Oh, wait, we already did that. it was called the Dubya Bush Administration.

Two wars, two recessions, major city washed out to sea.

What major city was washed out to sea?

Well, let's see. While W was President we DID get attacked by al qaeda and Congress DID authorize us to engage in military actions. W being from Texas has nada to do with that fact.

And we did have A recession. No President other than ones from Texas ever held Office during a period of a recession or a depression.

And NO was built basically BELOW sea level in the equivalent of a bowl which WAS surrounded by water when the levies were damaged by an Act of God. So the fact that W was from Texas surely makes asterism's "point" indisputable.

:cuckoo:

A certain segment of the left will go with guilty till proven innocent the rest of us will wait for the facts.

Yep. Take the OP as an example, insinuating because he hire a lawyer he must be guilty.

Arent you the same guy who said Sharpton told on the mob because they had something on him despite there being no evidence of that.

Suddenly you're a lot less speculative. Isnt that strange? :doubt:

Guess you missed the video of him agreeing to make a deal for coke, et al, with an undercover agent.

District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg says she’ll work to restore confidence

On April 12, when she was arrested for drinking and driving, she was so drunk she could not walk and did not know where she was, Collins said. But it was not her single instance of intoxication, he said, pointing to receipts from Twin Liquors that he said showed she had spent about $8 on vodka a day.

YEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWW!

“It is nothing else but by the grace of God that we’re here for a removal hearing and not a funeral,” Collins said. Later he said, “She lies even under oath — mostly she lies about what she drinks.”

I only had a couple, Ossifer!

The Texas governor has reportedly hired a high-profile defense attorney to represent him amid growing allegations that he criminally abused his veto power. At issue is his withholding of $7.5 million from the Public Integrity Unit, responsible for investigating cases ranging from insurance fraud to corruption committed by state politicians. Which, of course, raises even more suspicions.

According to the Austin American-Statesman:

The hiring of David L. Botsford is the latest signal that the inquiry into Perry’s conduct might be gaining momentum after a seven-month investigation. Perry, whose term will end in January, is not seeking re-election. He sought the Republican nomination for president in 2012 and has not ruled out another presidential run.

Perry is accused of vetoing funds that would have gone to the unit as a form of political blackmail after the prosecutor who runs it, Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg, refused to resign following a drunken driving arrest. If true, such abuse of office and coercion of a public servant could land Perry in serious legal troubles.

Watch: Rick Perry Hires Defense Attorney Amid Criminal Allegations | DemoNews.org

Ok, lets summarize:
Travis County's DA was drunk as shit and got caught driving.
Travis County's DA heads up the Public Integrity Unit.
Travis County's DA has so little integrity that she threatens the arresting officers.
Travis County's DA has so little integrity that she refuses to resign from the Public Integrity Unit following threatening officers with retaliation for arresting her for being drunk as shit while driving.
Governor Good Hair seeks to defund the Public Integrity Unit when the unit is headed by someone with no integrity.
Governor Good Hair is the bad guy in this scenario.

I got no use for the Aggie sumbitch, but damn if he isnt right this time.
Dash Cam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndYMqTqNeuE
In the jail:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Texas governor has reportedly hired a high-profile defense attorney to represent him amid growing allegations that he criminally abused his veto power. At issue is his withholding of $7.5 million from the Public Integrity Unit, responsible for investigating cases ranging from insurance fraud to corruption committed by state politicians. Which, of course, raises even more suspicions.

According to the Austin American-Statesman:

The hiring of David L. Botsford is the latest signal that the inquiry into Perry’s conduct might be gaining momentum after a seven-month investigation. Perry, whose term will end in January, is not seeking re-election. He sought the Republican nomination for president in 2012 and has not ruled out another presidential run.

Perry is accused of vetoing funds that would have gone to the unit as a form of political blackmail after the prosecutor who runs it, Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg, refused to resign following a drunken driving arrest. If true, such abuse of office and coercion of a public servant could land Perry in serious legal troubles.

Watch: Rick Perry Hires Defense Attorney Amid Criminal Allegations | DemoNews.org

Dayam, he vetoed a bill he didn't like. If that is the criteria for criminal investigations why the fuck give them the power to veto bills in the first place?

Does anyone have any proof he used his veto power because Lehmberg wouldn't resign? Or are we just going to automatically assume he's guilty?
No, we're assuming that he's a stupid asshole. The investigation will determine if he's guilty.

Did you miss the part where this is the third grand jury that has been seated on the case? An intelligent person might think that going through two whole terms without an indictment means the prosecutor couldn't even find a ham sandwich.

Travis county? They are a corrupt entity and breed all into itself. Have been for decades now, once progressives got hold of UT . The capital needs to move to Dallas or Houston. Or better yet just let UT relocate to CA and take all the local politicians with them.

Does anyone have any proof he used his veto power because Lehmberg wouldn't resign? Or are we just going to automatically assume he's guilty?

A certain segment of the left will go with guilty till proven innocent the rest of us will wait for the facts.

Well, he did hire a lawyer...

This is, from previous observation, more than likely a witch hunt, just as they tried to destroy Palin. He would be remiss not to hire one.
This county is so progressive, you have no idea. They have, for years, filed false suits againstvRepublicans there. Austin is a great music town beautiful scenery, but to live there? You better be on their side or else.
Personally, I don't care for Perry, but so far see this as just a repeated history.

And, dang, my beloved Lakeway seems to have been invaded by the left progs as well. That is sad.

Yep. Take the OP as an example, insinuating because he hire a lawyer he must be guilty.

Arent you the same guy who said Sharpton told on the mob because they had something on him despite there being no evidence of that.

Suddenly you're a lot less speculative. Isnt that strange? :doubt:

:badgrin:The day Rick Perry becomes an FBI informant is the day I'll say Rick Perry must have been involved in some nefarious activity.

Oh, and it turns out I was right about your friend Al. Al Sharpton wanted to do 1980s cocaine deal offered by undercover FBI agent | Mail Online

District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg says she’ll work to restore confidence

On April 12, when she was arrested for drinking and driving, she was so drunk she could not walk and did not know where she was, Collins said. But it was not her single instance of intoxication, he said, pointing to receipts from Twin Liquors that he said showed she had spent about $8 on vodka a day.

YEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWW!

“It is nothing else but by the grace of God that we’re here for a removal hearing and not a funeral,” Collins said. Later he said, “She lies even under oath — mostly she lies about what she drinks.”

I only had a couple, Ossifer!

She is probably lucky she got stopped. Those curves and drop offs on 620 are dangerous. I know. In my heyday and partying being many a youths way of life there, I am lucky I didn't kill someone else or myself aalong that highway. Fortunately my youth didn't kill me or others and but by the grace of God go I having passed across the hwy there onto the first small drop off and waking up before going all the way off the cliff. Needless to say I quit drinking and driving. Being late teens, early 20's we seem to think we are invincible.

How do you criminally abuse a veto power?

I am guessing that the complaint (the unsupported and insidious contention) is that one could theoretically threaten to USE the veto -- as a blunt instrument to extract something in exchange: it is (I am continuing to guess here) really a complaint about blackmail, corruption, extortion, conspiracy or such-like.

But a threat to use a veto is not really itself criminal and it couldn't be. Otherwise, any executive who ever made a political threat of issuing a veto would be acting criminally, despite the fact that it is a Constitutional power.

The county commissioners should have forced her out, but that would have left Perry with the appointment to replace her...

Travis County Commissioners Court is 4 to 1 Democrat...

She should be looking for a job...

Forum List

Back