Rex Tillerson just exposed Donald Trump's greatest weakness

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'Since being fired by President Donald Trump as secretary of state, Rex Tillerson has kept a very low profile. But on Thursday night in Houston, Tillerson broke that silence in a big way.

Here's how he described the "why" behind the breakdown of his relationship with the President, according to the Houston Chronicle:
"So often, the President would say here's what I want to do and here's how I want to do it and I would have to say to him, Mr. President I understand what you want to do but you can't do it that way. It violates the law."

Um, what???

The President of the United States would tell the secretary of state how he wanted things done and the secretary of state would have to tell him it couldn't be done the way he wanted because that was illegal?
This is all fine!
What's scary about Tillerson's admission? A few things.
1) Trump either doesn't know the law or doesn't care about the law
2) This isn't the first time we've heard of this sort of I-am-the-law, Judge Dredd-like behavior from the President.'

Rex Tillerson just exposed Donald Trump's greatest weakness - CNNPolitics

Does Trump have ANY integrity at all?

This is exactly why the Trump legal team is the fastest growing sector of our economy. Daffy Donald needs an army of lawyers ringed around him to keep him from doing something stupid and going to jail.

Trump is used to bribing victims and law enforcement into getting whatever he wants. Nobody has ever held him accountable.

'Since being fired by President Donald Trump as secretary of state, Rex Tillerson has kept a very low profile. But on Thursday night in Houston, Tillerson broke that silence in a big way.

Here's how he described the "why" behind the breakdown of his relationship with the President, according to the Houston Chronicle:
"So often, the President would say here's what I want to do and here's how I want to do it and I would have to say to him, Mr. President I understand what you want to do but you can't do it that way. It violates the law."

Um, what???

The President of the United States would tell the secretary of state how he wanted things done and the secretary of state would have to tell him it couldn't be done the way he wanted because that was illegal?
This is all fine!
2) This isn't the first time we've heard of this sort of I-am-the-law, Judge Dredd-like behavior from the President.'

Trump either doesn't know the law
That's my guess. He was never involved in foreign affairs--why would he know all the laws around those interactions? It was good Tillerson was there to steer him straight. It was also probably a good part of why Tillerson was canned.

Um, what???

This is all fine!

Honestly, not a tiny trump fan, but he's not really expected to know all the laws......particularly when it comes to foreign affairs.

Um, what???

This is all fine!

Trump either doesn't know the law
That's my guess. He was never involved in foreign affairs--why would he know all the laws around those interactions? It was good Tillerson was there to steer him straight. It was also probably a good part of why Tillerson was canned.

That's what they are there for. To let Trump know what he can and can't do.

As to why he was canned?? Who can say. I sure can't.

Um, what???

This is all fine!

Honestly, not a tiny trump fan, but he's not really expected to know all the laws......particularly when it comes to foreign affairs.

I understand what you’re saying but Trump is just as “ignorant” of domestic laws as he is of foreign laws. He still thinks that they AG is “his” AG who is there to protect him, not the nation.

Trump is furious because he can’t get anyone to investigate the Clintons or Obama, despite there being no evidence of them committing crimes. He wants to be Putin, who jails and murders his enemies, but everyone who works for him refuses to do what he wants.

And this is why all the real grown ups that Trump initially hired, have left. He soured on them because they steadfastly stuck to following the law. The ones who never “disappointed” the boss and always did what he wanted, are now in jail or on their way there.

Nobody knows all the laws which shows there are too many laws; many never enforced or not enforced for years like the Logan Act that Kerry has broken several times recently by talking to Iran. Bob may try using the Logan Act on Donald Jr. and may be using it on Flynn....we'll know later today about that. Obama knew he couldn't grant illegals legal protection in the US, admitted it, and then did it anyway with DACA, which an Obama judge upheld and then denied Trump the right to rescind Obama's EO.....crazy.

Trumpbots. They have no clue.

No one is suggesting that Trump should know all the laws. That isn’t the issue.

The issue is that even when told that what Trump wants to do is against the law, he still insists that it be done the way he wants. And he gets angry that his staff won’t do what he wants, and he has fired people who refuse to break the laws they swore to uphold.

The guys who always did what the boss wants without question are now cooperating with Mueller, being interviewed and providing evidence in the investigation, in the hopes of reducing their sentences.

Like Flynn.

Our wonderful Pres. Trump is the best thing to happen to this country in decades.

He deserves to be praised and adored by all citizens for his unselfish service and dedication to the nation.

Only miscreants and malcontents will deny this fact. .... :cool:

Um, what???

This is all fine!

I agree with that but I want a president who will not fire those who do know those laws and tells him to comply with the laws. I don't want a president who will fire people like that then hire "yes" people who will tell him what he wants to hear. Thus allowing him to violate our laws and constitution.

This from Fox News

Rex Tillerson claims he had to constantly remind Trump not to violate the law

Rex Tillerson claims he had to constantly remind Trump not to violate the law

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson claims he always had to remind President Trump some of his plans “violate the law.”

“When the president would say, ‘Here's what I want to do, and here's how I want to do it,’ and I'd have to say to him, ‘Well, Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can't do it that way. It violates the law, it violates the treaty, you know. He got really frustrated,” Tillerson said. “I think he grew tired of me being the guy every day who told him he can’t do that and let’s talk about what he can do.”

“What was challenging for me – coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented ExxonMobil corporation – to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kinda says, ‘Look, this is what I believe,’” Tillerson said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, here we have Fox News reporting the same info as CNN; huh? Fake News Trump. :21:

Tillerson is saying Trump, "is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kinda says, ‘Look, this is what I believe."

So our POTUS is like Miss Cleo = "this is what I believe"

That is some pretty dangerous shit for a guy with nukes.

Trump is a POS jackass & a dumbass.

Last edited:
Our wonderful Pres. Trump is the best thing to happen to this country in decades.

He deserves to be praised and adored by all citizens for his unselfish service and dedication to the nation.

Only miscreants and malcontents will deny this fact. .... :cool:

It’s not a fact, it’s your opinion.

Actual facts show that Trump may be the worst and most dangerous President in history. Facts are on my side in this one.

Only idiots and Russian trolls still support Trump. Even Lindsay Graham has turned on him and his lies.

Globalists have a habit of making up bullshit in order to maintain the status quo.
I thought Tillerson was a bad choice from the get go.

Um, what???

This is all fine!

“Trump either doesn't know the law or doesn't care about the law.”

Both.

“Does Trump have ANY integrity at all?”

Clearly this is rhetorical.

Globalists have a habit of making up bullshit in order to maintain the status quo.
I thought Tillerson was a bad choice from the get go.

True but he sounds like the voice of GOD....He'd have been a billionaire if he'd been a tele-Evangelist.

Um, what???

This is all fine!

I agree with that but I want a president who will not fire those who do know those laws and tells him to comply with the laws. I don't want a president who will fire people like that then hire "yes" people who will tell him what he wants to hear. Thus allowing him to violate our laws and constitution.
And as a consequence we have unelected political appointees making policy decisions the purview of a president – further proof that Trump is unfit to be president and should be voted out of office in 2020.

Forum List

Back