Revealed: Hobby Lobby founder behind $3 billion effort to 'rebrand Jesus'

It's not the religion. It's the people IN the religion.

i-like-your-christ-i-do-not-like-your-christians-14809317.png
I can identify with Mat here, I love America and its liberal ideals but I do not like its white liberals, they are so unlike America.

I like it..although..not very Right Wing is it? I mean..anti-racism, Pro-refugee? Is Jesus a Dem--or just a RINO?

133157.jpg

A mysterious commercial called "He Gets Us" that is set to air during the Super Bowl and promotes faith in Christ has been linked to the founder of Hobby Lobby — and a three-year-long campaign he has funded to "rebrand Jesus," according to Christianity Today on Friday.
"For the past 10 months, the 'He Gets Us' ads have shown up on billboards, YouTube channels, and television screens — most recently during NFL playoff games — across the country, all spreading the message that Jesus understands the human condition," reported Bob Smietana. The ad shows pictures overlaid with text like "Jesus called huddles, too," and "Jesus confronted racism with love,"; and "Jesus was a refugee."
"The campaign is a project of the Servant Foundation, an Overland Park, Kansas, nonprofit that does business as The Signatry, but the donors backing the campaign have until recently remained anonymous — in early 2022, organizers only told Religion News Service that funding came from 'like-minded families who desire to see the Jesus of the Bible represented in today’s culture with the same relevance and impact He had 2000 years ago,'" said the report. "But in November, David Green, the billionaire co-founder of Hobby Lobby, told talk show host Glenn Beck that his family was helping fund the ads. Green, who was on the program to discuss his new book on leadership, told Beck that his family and other families would be helping fund an effort to spread the word about Jesus."
Hobby Lobby, an Oklahoma-based chain of big-box craft stores, is famous for its Christian theming. The chain came under controversy after it refused to provide contraception to its employees, and won the right to opt out of federal health rules at the Supreme Court.

The chain also came under a strange controversy in 2017 after it was found to be in possession of ancient Iraqi artifacts illegally smuggled out of that country, leading to civil actions by the Justice Department ordering the company to forfeit the treasures.

iu

I like it..although..not very Right Wing is it? I mean..anti-racism, Pro-refugee? Is Jesus a Dem--or just a RINO?

133157.jpg

A mysterious commercial called "He Gets Us" that is set to air during the Super Bowl and promotes faith in Christ has been linked to the founder of Hobby Lobby — and a three-year-long campaign he has funded to "rebrand Jesus," according to Christianity Today on Friday.
"For the past 10 months, the 'He Gets Us' ads have shown up on billboards, YouTube channels, and television screens — most recently during NFL playoff games — across the country, all spreading the message that Jesus understands the human condition," reported Bob Smietana. The ad shows pictures overlaid with text like "Jesus called huddles, too," and "Jesus confronted racism with love,"; and "Jesus was a refugee."
"The campaign is a project of the Servant Foundation, an Overland Park, Kansas, nonprofit that does business as The Signatry, but the donors backing the campaign have until recently remained anonymous — in early 2022, organizers only told Religion News Service that funding came from 'like-minded families who desire to see the Jesus of the Bible represented in today’s culture with the same relevance and impact He had 2000 years ago,'" said the report. "But in November, David Green, the billionaire co-founder of Hobby Lobby, told talk show host Glenn Beck that his family was helping fund the ads. Green, who was on the program to discuss his new book on leadership, told Beck that his family and other families would be helping fund an effort to spread the word about Jesus."
Hobby Lobby, an Oklahoma-based chain of big-box craft stores, is famous for its Christian theming. The chain came under controversy after it refused to provide contraception to its employees, and won the right to opt out of federal health rules at the Supreme Court.

The chain also came under a strange controversy in 2017 after it was found to be in possession of ancient Iraqi artifacts illegally smuggled out of that country, leading to civil actions by the Justice Department ordering the company to forfeit the treasures.
wow joey xiden just let his CCP masters send a spy balloon across the country and you are worried about people praying to Jesus…wow

The United States Department of Justice filed a civil complaint in federal court demanding that Hobby Lobby "forfeit" thousands of Iraqi artifacts illegally smuggled into the country.
“The protection of cultural heritage is a mission that [Homeland Security Investigations] and its partner U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) take very seriously as we recognize that while some may put a price on these artifacts, the people of Iraq consider them priceless,” stated Special Agent-in-Charge Angel M. Melendez.
The Department of Justice also filed a "stipulation of settlement" with Hobby Lobby in which the arts-and-crafts retailer will pay a $3 million fine and consent to the forfeiture of the artifacts in question.

Today's action will end the civil case. There is no word yet on potential criminal prosecution.
as an aside, the question concerning this was/is...paraphrasing: "so Tommy did you guys ever give back that stolen African art".. [Tommy claims his country stole African art but is now giving it back.]
For some reason this seemed to upset surada ...[I'm assuming this was/is because it did not trash America or Christians in any way] and he/she/they went on one of those liberal rants they are so famous for.

I assumed it was some Latino pro-illegals group behind these ads. I knew the woman behind Hobby Lobby is very Christian, but I'm surprised she's behind this. Guess she likes to see our country transformed into what everything looks like south of our border.

Forum List

Back