Retail workers fear for their safety

I have great news for you!

Crime is down this year, and expected to continue in this trend.

REALLY great news, right?

:)
Republicans tried running on that in 2022. Didn't work out too well for them but that never stops them from going to the well again.

What is it compared to 2019?
Worse of course.

The Democrats burned the economy, and large parts of society, down with their CovidScam.

But nonetheless, crime is down, and trending further down.

Why this upsets conservatives is a definitive matter.

Republicans tried running on that in 2022. Didn't work out too well for them but that never stops them from going to the well again.
They seem more concerned with imaginary things than real things.

Who said I got my information from Fox? I got my information from local news online from places like San Francisco, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Chicago where these incidents are happening. Are those outlets lying?
What is funny is that those cities are pure Progressive, and the news stations are pure Progressive, but they show the nasty things that happen for ratings and show the video truth while schmoozing it.

How much of that is inflated prices I wonder.

All the retail workers I talk to feel okay. :)

Crime is down, and trending down - great news, right? :)

Fear-mongering and bitterness - why go there?
All of the retailers I talk to don’t feel okay. Who and where are you talking to retailers? The ones I’ve interacted with on this topic are in New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington.

Crime is down because previous activities that were crimes are no longer either reported or considered a crime. Remember the Lululemon scandal when employees were fired for calling the police. Remember the California bill that prevented employees from stopping shoplifting. When someone says crime is down it’s a textbook case of liars using statistics to gaslight people, with the old if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound routine.

All of the retailers I talk to don’t feel okay.
Dueling anecdotes then.

But crime is down - maybe share that fact with these people, so you can calm rather than inflame them.
Who and where are you talking to retailers?
Retailers here in the US.
The ones I’ve interacted with on this topic are in New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington.
Ah.

DC is an outlier bucking the crime-drop trend, and Baltimore has long been quite dangerous, followed by Philadelphia.

New York City?

I'm sure you could get quite a range of opinions there.

But overall crime has dropped by 3% in NYC, and by vast multiples of that in areas of serious crime like shooting.

You can incite terror, or you can speak truth. :dunno:

Dueling anecdotes then.

But crime is down - maybe share that fact with these people, so you can calm rather than inflame them.

Ah.

DC is an outlier bucking the crime-drop trend, and Baltimore has long been quite dangerous, followed by Philadelphia.

New York City?

But overall crime has dropped by 3% in NYC, and by vast multiples of that in areas of serious crime like shooting.

You keep defaulting to “but overall crime is down” yet that does not address the rise in retail crime….. nor does it give comfort or confidence to retail workers.

Wow you can show 1 or 2 incidents of any of that happening and now it's an epidemic all across the country. Smfh.
You can keep SYFH into more denial and factual avoidance.

Dueling anecdotes then.

Ah.

New York City?

Do you have any empirical data or events to back your opinions?

You keep defaulting to “but overall crime is down” yet that does not address the rise in retail crime
It includes it.
….. nor does it give comfort or confidence to retail workers.
You can stoke fear based in falsity.

Or you can be positive.

The sky is falling vs we're slowly recovering from the Democrat CovidScam.

Your call.

:dunno:

You can keep SYFH into more denial and factual avoidance.

Shootings down over 25% in New York City.

Serious crime is WAY down.

Good news, right? :)

Forum List

Back