Another CVS Pharmacy closing due to shoplifting.

My solution would be not to put any store in northwest DC. This isn't a recent trend really. That area has been sketchy forever. Southeast DC just as bad.
There's a reason I call DC "Ghettoville, USA" every time I cross into it, which is pretty much daily. Every part of DC is sketchy. There is NO safe place there.

Restaurants in DC that closed last year:

Walmart in DC, believe it or not:

For CVS, try 300. CVS joins Walgreens, Walmart, Target, RiteAid in drug retailers leaving urban areas. While not completely pulling out of urban areas, the risk or likelihood for ransacking, flash mobs, looting, and customer assaults are less likely in non-urban areas.
The closures are part of an effort to "realign our national retail footprint and reduce store and pharmacy density," a CVS spokesperson said in an email.

The reason behind the drugstore downsizing. The move to reduce Walgreens' brick-and-mortar footprint is to accelerate the company's “portfolio optimization to further simplify the business” according to Kehoe.Oct 7, 2023

There's a reason I call DC "Ghettoville, USA" every time I cross into it, which is pretty much daily. Every part of DC is sketchy. There is NO safe place there.

Restaurants in DC that closed last year:

Walmart in DC, believe it or not:

I gave up my suit I was wearing one Monday morning so the House member I worked for could wear it to the floor to vote because somebody broke into his crib that weekend and stole even his clothes and he hadn't come back in time to shop. If it isn't nailed down, they'll swipe it in a heartbeat. Another day we went to an Asian restaurant not too far from the Hill in southeast and we kept hearing bursts of gun fire nearby. The 9:30 Club used to tell people if you aren't driving, don't come as the walk from the Metro is too dangerous (though there has been a lot of redevelopment in that area since then). It really is third worldish in DC proper.

Can you post where CVS says that's the reason they are closing their stores.
You mean theft is not good enough reason? You do know that blacks and Hispanics are the ones getting hosed when these stores closed since they rely on Walgreens and CVS for their meds.

You mean theft is not good enough reason? You do know that blacks and Hispanics are the ones getting hosed when these stores closed since they rely on Walgreens and CVS for their meds.

They're only getting what they voted for! They need to :anj_stfu:

Can you post where CVS says that's the reason they are closing their stores.
Burrowing%20Owl%20SERIOUSLY-S.jpg

Ok thxs, you showed one story. I posted the national spokesman quoting why stores across the country are closing and it wasn't due to theft.

The closures are part of an effort to "realign our national retail footprint and reduce store and pharmacy density," a CVS spokesperson said in an email.

The reason behind the drugstore downsizing. The move to reduce Walgreens' brick-and-mortar footprint is to accelerate the company's “portfolio optimization to further simplify the business” according to Kehoe.Oct 7, 2023
And Randsacking, Flash Mobs, Looting, and Customer Assaults have no impact on the downsizing???

To “simplify the business”, make it possible for people to pick up their merchandise while making it impossible for people to come into the stores and commit the acts listed above. Serve the community but protect your inventory. Riot proof and loot-proof the store with lock-down mechanisms.

Lol ...you should ask the spokesperson why just about all stores closed were in heavily minority neighborhoods. We aren't talking about just Walgreens and CVS.

Maybe you should ask them, I posted why they said they were closing them.

So the ransackers, looters, flash mobs, and customer assaulted can have at it at the remaining stores?

You have yet to show us why these stores are closing.
You were told. LeftofLeft posted: "Ransackers, looters, flash mobs, and customer assaulted." Are you really this ignorant about the issue, or are you just pretending ignorance?

Why are you supporting rioting and theft? How does that help the cause of our minority communities?

Forum List

Back