Retail workers fear for their safety

How long can this go on? Local jurisdictions don’t have the resources to prosecute shoplifting. Flash mob grab and go is on the rise. What should retailers do?

I would start draconian measures. Incentivize shoppers to do more online (shopping and pickup). Beef up premium security personnel; preferably armed. Let shoppers know that if they choose to enter the store, they are subject to random searches while in the store. If they fail to comply, they will be removed from the store, by force, if necessary.

Npn465N.jpg

I have great news for you!

Crime is down this year, and expected to continue in this trend.

REALLY great news, right?

:)
Stores are closing in california thanks to shoplifting

Police dept in major cities seem to be ignoring crime and so its not being reported

I have great news for you!

Crime is down this year, and expected to continue in this trend.

REALLY great news, right?

:)
Overall crime can go down while at the same time shoplifting is going up. You can walk and chew gum at the same time, right?

this stuff mostly happens in the shit holes of america.....the shit holes you created and run
So you cant show me any real numbers supporting your claims just name calling and social media videos? You sir had your head shoved into your ass by me and Im sure you can smell your own shit.

Shrink is in line with previous years where it has bounced between 1.4% and 1.6%. It doesnt matter how many fucking videos you post. Only stupid people decide what is up or down via social media examples. Here is the retail industry's own expert:

View attachment 876618
hold on dik face.......omg are you dumb.........over 3% and higher of inventory swiped went up 3% nimrod...................................2-3% up 7 % retard.........and 1.5-2% went up 4%.....lolol.....i'm so sorry you're this fucking dumb...........in fact i apologize for you

If crime is down, why is the vacancy rate in San Francisco continues to climb?

welcome newbie....you'll soon find out that intelligence is not a strong suit here......humor even worse

these idiots here are not being informed what is really going on....mindless cyborgs wandering around aimlessly in an abyss of stupidity....................have fun and please add a lot of humor

hold on dik face.......omg are you dumb.........over 3% and higher of inventory swiped went up 3% nimrod...................................2-3% up 7 % retard.........and 1.5-2% went up 4%.....lolol.....i'm so sorry you're this fucking dumb...........in fact i apologize for you
I think you may be retarded. There are always outliers fuckface. That’s why you look at the total average. 2022 was the same as 2020 and 2019.

The fucking same as when the Orange God ran shit. And shit it was.

The only falsity proven so far is your notion that retail crime is down because overall reported crime is down.
ALL BULLSHIT. Crime is down. Larceny is down. Retailers are exaggerating .

Crime down in 2023, first article. Crime down in 2022, second article. We’re hovering around all time lows. Yes there was a bump in crime coming out of the pandemic. No it isn’t a sustained problem or even high compared to history.

Most people think the U.S. crime rate is rising. They're wrong.

The FBI data, which compares crime rates in the third quarter of 2023 to the same period last year, found that violent crime dropped 8%, while property crime fell 6.3% to what would be its lowest level since 1961, according to criminologist Jeff Asher, who analyzed the FBI numbers.

Murder plummeted in the United States in 2023 at one of the fastest rates of decline ever recorded, Asher found, and every category of major crime except auto theft declined.

Yet 92% of Republicans, 78% of independents and 58% of Democrats believe crime is rising, the Gallup survey shows.

FBI data doesn’t have a separate category for retail theft. It falls under “larceny,” which declined overall last year, according to the latest numbers. Retail theft is widely believed to have skyrocketed in some cities, and the industry says it is at “unprecedented” levels. But the data doesn’t necessarily support that thesis.

FBI Releases 2022 Crime in the Nation Statistics — FBI

The FBI’s crime statistics estimates for 2022 show that national violent crime decreased an estimated 1.7% in 2022 compared to 2021 estimates:

• Murder and non-negligent manslaughter recorded a 2022 estimated nationwide decrease of 6.1% compared to the previous year.
  • In 2022, the estimated number of offenses in the revised rape category saw an estimated 5.4% decrease.
  • Aggravated assault in 2022 decreased an estimated 1.1% in 2022.
  • Robbery showed an estimated increase of 1.3% nationally.
Crime is DOWN!

Great news! :)

Why does it upset conservatives so much?

this peer reviewed study has opened my eyes some...i knew it....but it is notarized now

You're spamming/derailing the thread.

Shrink is in line with previous years where it has bounced between 1.4% and 1.6%. It doesnt matter how many fucking videos you post. Only stupid people decide what is up or down via social media examples. Here is the retail industry's own expert:

View attachment 876618
So nothing to be enraged, hysterical or bitter about.

Yet our conservative friends can't stop raving about this.

Odd.

:dunno:

ALL BULLSHIT. Crime is down. Larceny is down. Retailers are exaggerating .

Crime down in 2023, first article. Crime down in 2022, second article. We’re hovering around all time lows. Yes there was a bump in crime coming out of the pandemic. No it isn’t a sustained problem or even high compared to history.

Most people think the U.S. crime rate is rising. They're wrong.

The FBI data, which compares crime rates in the third quarter of 2023 to the same period last year, found that violent crime dropped 8%, while property crime fell 6.3% to what would be its lowest level since 1961, according to criminologist Jeff Asher, who analyzed the FBI numbers.

Murder plummeted in the United States in 2023 at one of the fastest rates of decline ever recorded, Asher found, and every category of major crime except auto theft declined.

Yet 92% of Republicans, 78% of independents and 58% of Democrats believe crime is rising, the Gallup survey shows.

FBI data doesn’t have a separate category for retail theft. It falls under “larceny,” which declined overall last year, according to the latest numbers. Retail theft is widely believed to have skyrocketed in some cities, and the industry says it is at “unprecedented” levels. But the data doesn’t necessarily support that thesis.

FBI Releases 2022 Crime in the Nation Statistics — FBI

The FBI’s crime statistics estimates for 2022 show that national violent crime decreased an estimated 1.7% in 2022 compared to 2021 estimates:

• Murder and non-negligent manslaughter recorded a 2022 estimated nationwide decrease of 6.1% compared to the previous year.
  • In 2022, the estimated number of offenses in the revised rape category saw an estimated 5.4% decrease.
  • Aggravated assault in 2022 decreased an estimated 1.1% in 2022.
  • Robbery showed an estimated INCREASE of 1.3% nationally.
Robbery (including, retail theft) is on the rise.

I don't blame them. After watching Jan 6 Trump traitors attack the capital, I would be fearful as well.

Pathetically, you probably really mean that. I hope you meet your end at the hands of the people that you've helped to create and promote, it would be poetic justice.

Who said I got my information from Fox? I got my information from local news online from places like San Francisco, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Chicago where these incidents are happening. Are those outlets lying?

You can't have a discussion with the braindead, which this one clearly is, it's a complete waste of time as you saw by its response to you.

Forum List

Back