Another CVS Pharmacy closing due to shoplifting.

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011

CVS Corporate makes the decision to close a store due to theft. So now CVS takes heat for abandoning a community.

My solution would be for retailers not to abandon the community but to remodel the store so that it more or less becomes a distribution center in areas where looting, flash mobs, and high volume shoplifting are a threat.

In these areas, have the customers place the order online in advance and then pickup and or have kiosks and people to assist with kiosks and then have on site personnel gather up the order with all of the items.

CVS Corporate makes the decision to close a store due to theft. So now CVS takes heat for abandoning a community.

My solution would be for retailers not to abandon the community but to remodel the store so that it more or less becomes a distribution center in areas where looting, flash mobs, and high volume shoplifting are a threat.

In these areas, have the customers place the order online in advance and then pickup and or have kiosks and people to assist with kiosks and then have on site personnel gather up the order with all of the items.

Or maybe just prosecute shoplifters to the fullest extent of the law.

My solution would be not to put any store in northwest DC. This isn't a recent trend really. That area has been sketchy forever. Southeast DC just as bad.

You can’t do that. Do you know many hurt feelings and how much harassment that will generate?

OIP.RujbgQHZYT7Xbz_I0OOVfQAAAA

News Flash!

Blue shithole gets what they vote for and whine about it.

Lol, ya it has nothing to do with putting one on every street corner. No one wants to admit making mistakes they wanna blame others.A few years from now it will be dollar general. Anyone who understands market saturation could have seen this coming.

Time to post signs advising prospective thiefs that "Looters will be Shot On Site"

Very effective method to deter this kind of bullshit. Kyle Rittenhouse did exactly that, and the looting in Kenosha in honor of George Floyd's legacy ended immediately.

Lol, ya it has nothing to do with putting one on every street corner. No one wants to admit making mistakes they wanna blame others.A few years from now it will be dollar general. Anyone who understands market saturation could have seen this coming.

Regardless, which ones will get shut down first, the ones with a theft problem or the ones without a theft problem?

Regardless, which ones will get shut down first, the ones with a theft problem or the ones without a theft problem?
They are all going away in time. They over built and started a slide that won't stop. With the amount of online sales going on there will be a time that brick and morter stores disappear. It is coming we can not stop it. Welcome to a brave new world. Lil glad I am old. The internet has ruined dating, movies,brick and morter stores the list goes on. The real culprit is the internet and it is not going anywhere.

In the UK, we have the likes of Toolstation and Screwfix where you can buy tools and hardware, but customers can only get as far as a counter. Even Argos is a homeware/garden/everything -ish shop that is counter service only.

So yes, just reformat the stores. Sounds like in America, have a solid perspex wall between staff and customers, and when someone buys something, the hatch opens to a bin and closes, then the customer can open their hatch to pick the purchase up.

Then the problem gets pushed onto the next retailer!!

They are all going away in time. They over built and started a slide that won't stop. With the amount of online sales going on there will be a time that brick and morter stores disappear. It is coming we can not stop it. Welcome to a brave new world. Lil glad I am old. The internet has ruined dating, movies,brick and morter stores the list goes on. The real culprit is the internet and it is not going anywhere.

All of that is exacerbated by rampant theft in some stores, which you seem determined to ignore because it doesn't suit you politically.

Great news! Anyone in that community who supports DemoKKKrats deserves this.

Let 'em use Amazon (at least until Amazon stops delivering to that area because their drivers keep getting robbed).

All of that is exacerbated by rampant theft in some stores, which you seem determined to ignore because it doesn't suit you politically.
Lol, I tend to focus on the giant football field sized hole in the dike not the pen prick. I get the real problem does not fit your agenda but being in a state of deluded denial does not solve the problem. To solve the problem takes people to realize that buying online will make the stores disappear.

Customers could order at the store and pay before CVS brings the product out from the back room which is secured by armed guards in bulletproof vests

Thats guaranteed to take all the fun out of shopping for low income biden voters

Lol, I tend to focus on the giant football field sized hole in the dike not the pen prick. I get the real problem does not fit your agenda but being in a state of deluded denial does not solve the problem. To solve the problem takes people to realize that buying online will make the stores disappear.

No, you ignore the theft angle because it's the fault of the side you support. DA's not being DA's because they see the criminal as the real victim.

None of these issues exist in a vacuum.

No, you ignore the theft angle because it's the fault of the side you support. DA's not being DA's because they see the criminal as the real victim.

None of these issues exist in a vacuum.
Lol, no one supports theft ya deluded dumb fuck. Ya get caught stealing ya go to jail. That shit has not changed. Another thing that does not fit your narrative. Don't believe me go to your nearest city and get caught shoplifting and report back. Better yet do it on a Friday.

Lol, no one supports theft ya deluded dumb fuck. Ya get caught stealing ya go to jail. That shit has not changed. Another thing that does not fit your narrative. Don't believe me go to your nearest city and get caught shoplifting and report back. Better yet do it on a Friday.

Talk about denial. All those stores putting more and more stuff behind protection is for no reason, right?

And even Cali is responding belatedly with this because nothing is happening, right?

California targets smash-and-grabs with $267 million program aimed at 'brazen' store thefts

Forum List

Back