Another CVS Pharmacy closing due to shoplifting.

Lol evidently they are steep enough. Go prove your premise dumb ass. You went from Dem prosecution being non existing to oh there is a penalty. Now not steep enough go prove it. Surely a little trouble with next to no penalty is worth proving such an important thing in your political philosophy.
The entire forum is laughing at you.

CVS Corporate makes the decision to close a store due to theft. So now CVS takes heat for abandoning a community.

My solution would be for retailers not to abandon the community but to remodel the store so that it more or less becomes a distribution center in areas where looting, flash mobs, and high volume shoplifting are a threat.

In these areas, have the customers place the order online in advance and then pickup and or have kiosks and people to assist with kiosks and then have on site personnel gather up the order with all of the items.

You realize this is bullshit, I hope.

The closures are part of an effort to "realign our national retail footprint and reduce store and pharmacy density," a CVS spokesperson said in an email.

The reason behind the drugstore downsizing. The move to reduce Walgreens' brick-and-mortar footprint is to accelerate the company's “portfolio optimization to further simplify the business” according to Kehoe.Oct 7, 2023
IOW "STOP LOSS in the ghetto where people steal."

The ghetto grocery store here has everything behind the counter, you have to ask for it, because certain people steal.

You have to ask for shampoo, wtf?! This is your vision for all Americans? This is what you want?

You were told. LeftofLeft posted: "Ransackers, looters, flash mobs, and customer assaulted." Are you really this ignorant about the issue, or are you just pretending ignorance?

Why are you supporting rioting and theft? How does that help the cause of our minority communities?
So ONE store closed because of that, now explain why stores all across the country are closing. Let's try it again.

CVS is closing hundreds of stores across the country as part of a plan to realign its national retail footprint and reduce store and pharmacy density. The company announced in 2021 that it would close 300 stores each year for the next three years, totaling 900 closures by 2024. The decision was based on the company's evaluation of changes in population, consumer buying patterns and future health needs.

I missed where the spokesman mentioned "Ransackers, looters, flash mobs, and customer assaulted.

IOW "STOP LOSS in the ghetto where people steal."

The ghetto grocery store here has everything behind the counter, you have to ask for it, because certain people steal.

You have to ask for shampoo, wtf?! This is your vision for all Americans? This is what you want?
Come to the ATL and go to Buckhead and ask the cops who the number thieves are at Phipps Plaza or Lenox Mall. You will be surprised when you get the answer.

You have yet to show us why these stores are closing.
I acknowledged what the corporate position statement on closings and I agree that over saturation of stores will cause a company to reduce stores yet you keep glossing over that ransacking, looting, flash mobs and customer assaults are concentrated in urban areas and that they don’t contribute to store closings.

This thread isn't about "why stores all across the country are closing". It is about 1 in DC that is closing due to thieves. Proof:

I acknowledged what the corporate position statement on closings and I agree that over saturation of stores will cause a company to reduce stores yet you keep glossing over that ransacking, looting, flash mobs and customer assaults are concentrated in urban areas and that they don’t contribute to store closings.
I just don't agree it is on the level you try to make it and it is not the main reason stores are closing.

Looks like San Francisco Centre is finished with more stores closing end of the month. $910 million lost in value. That's the price for appeasing blm protesters.

I just don't agree it is on the level you try to make it and it is not the main reason stores are closing.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Is it possible, just possible, that yes, stores are closing due to a changing market but also that thousands are closing due to rampant shoplifting, looting, and vandalism?

We cannot change the shift in our market. The internet is not going to shut down tomorrow, nor is Amazon going to close its doors. I haven't been to a brick-and-mortar store in decades. Well, except in grocery stores. Not there in at least five years.

How does it serve us well to distract from the rampant crime shutting down businesses everywhere?

Forum List

Back