Resident Alien

New on syfi. It started off great but now we’re in the character development phase and it’s a little slow, boring and depressing but still overall I love the characters and story. The sheriff wants to be called big black but the townfolk aren’t comfotable With it. The main character wants to kill every human on earth yet he’s getting to know people. He assumed a doctors identity and so far he’s gotten away with pretending to be a doctor. He’s much smarter than us or so he thinks.

A couple kids can see him for the alien he is but no one believes them.

Im hooked.
Who doesn't want to kill every human on earth? I like the show too.
In Avengers End Game half the people just disappeared. Immediately I thought what if they were all the trump supporters and deep state republicans. Wouldn’t be bad at all. I’d be team Thanos.

And you wonder why we feel you are at war with us.
Actually I believe the combination of liberal and conservative is just a little too out of wack. I appreciate what conservatives bring to the table. Just not in large doses.

I like conservatives when I go visit the country.
we dont need large doses of either liberalism or conservatism...if done correctly they balance each other out nicely......California back in the day was a good example.....now they are an example of what happens when the balance is out of sync..........
I don’t get how poor people who work live in California. I imagine my friend Shelly lives out there with a guy near San Diego. Maybe it’s a small apartment? Maybe he purchased the home a long time ago.

I jus can’t believe it’s as expensive as they say.

How does someone who only makes $20 hr live in California?
They have lots and lots of roommates or live in their cars. Before I left the studios got permission from the city too allow studio workers to sleep in their cars overnight.

Housing for semi professionals had just started moving into sleeping pods with a communal bathroom and kitchen. Rent started at $1000.00 A month.
Sounds like a republican utopia. Where only the rich can afford to live there. Where there is a small middle class and the masses are all working poor. Funny you care that this is happening in California but ok that it’s happening everywhere else too.

What else besides lowering taxes would solve this problem? I want to hear what republicans say they would do to fix this besides lowering taxes.

To me, California souds like a place you all want to be. You just can’t afford it. So? Move to another state. Or don’t go to California. Problem solved.
Sounds like a republican utopia. Where only the rich can afford to live there.
and yet its a democrat utopia......how can that be?....
I don’t get it. I don’t think we know the whole story but I am fascinated.

Why aren’t republicans running on lowering taxes and cost of all the fees. Like registering your car is more. Do republicans like Arnold get in and do no better? Do you have an answer what you would do to fix California?

My guess is the workers there need to unionize and they need higher minimum wage.
the California legislature has been democrat for decades now....they run the show....
What should the government do about the out of control gap between ceo pay and blue collar pay In california? There are lots of people in California who can afford the high taxes. And if they are liberal they don’t mind paying.

You guys like to blame blue states for things that corporations do. In blue Michigan they broke our unions. Sent all those car manufacturing jobs and their suppliers overseas. They hire illegal workers in blue states.

Youre blaming blue states for the bad things corporations do.

One thing maybe we can agree on is go after illegal employers. Not illegal workers. Go after the illegal employers. Then the problem will go away
And if they are liberal they don’t mind paying.
lol....are you serious?.....i worked with lots of democrats in the PO,and they bitched like anyone else at tax time......
Then you mean socially liberal people. They probably hire illegals to do jobs for them.

New on syfi. It started off great but now we’re in the character development phase and it’s a little slow, boring and depressing but still overall I love the characters and story. The sheriff wants to be called big black but the townfolk aren’t comfotable With it. The main character wants to kill every human on earth yet he’s getting to know people. He assumed a doctors identity and so far he’s gotten away with pretending to be a doctor. He’s much smarter than us or so he thinks.

Im hooked.
In Avengers End Game half the people just disappeared. Immediately I thought what if they were all the trump supporters and deep state republicans. Wouldn’t be bad at all. I’d be team Thanos.

Actually I believe the combination of liberal and conservative is just a little too out of wack. I appreciate what conservatives bring to the table. Just not in large doses.

we dont need large doses of either liberalism or conservatism...if done correctly they balance each other out nicely......California back in the day was a good example.....now they are an example of what happens when the balance is out of sync..........
I don’t get how poor people who work live in California. I imagine my friend Shelly lives out there with a guy near San Diego. Maybe it’s a small apartment? Maybe he purchased the home a long time ago.

They have lots and lots of roommates or live in their cars. Before I left the studios got permission from the city too allow studio workers to sleep in their cars overnight.

Housing for semi professionals had just started moving into sleeping pods with a communal bathroom and kitchen. Rent started at $1000.00 A month.
Sounds like a republican utopia. Where only the rich can afford to live there. Where there is a small middle class and the masses are all working poor. Funny you care that this is happening in California but ok that it’s happening everywhere else too.

What else besides lowering taxes would solve this problem? I want to hear what republicans say they would do to fix this besides lowering taxes.

To me, California souds like a place you all want to be. You just can’t afford it. So? Move to another state. Or don’t go to California. Problem solved.

Why aren’t republicans running on lowering taxes and cost of all the fees. Like registering your car is more. Do republicans like Arnold get in and do no better? Do you have an answer what you would do to fix California?

My guess is the workers there need to unionize and they need higher minimum wage.
the California legislature has been democrat for decades now....they run the show....
What should the government do about the out of control gap between ceo pay and blue collar pay In california? There are lots of people in California who can afford the high taxes. And if they are liberal they don’t mind paying.

You guys like to blame blue states for things that corporations do. In blue Michigan they broke our unions. Sent all those car manufacturing jobs and their suppliers overseas. They hire illegal workers in blue states.

One thing maybe we can agree on is go after illegal employers. Not illegal workers. Go after the illegal employers. Then the problem will go away
really?.....can you show me were i said that?....
go after illegal employers.
lol....in California?....good luck with that.....

Im hooked.

Who would complain? Only illegals and illegal employers. Who cares about them?

Im hooked.

Ah! Now maybe you’re starting to get it. They don’t go after illegal employers in red states either. So don’t blame California when the entire country is also doing it.

Im hooked.

What would you do to make California more affordable? Sounds like you want to lower property values. You say houses cost too much right? Seems to be a main talking point with conservatives.

How would you lower the prices of everything in California? You’d cut taxes? But aren’t you in debt?

I would tax Hollywood. The super rich. But that’s just me. If California is so liberal why don’t they do that?
bobo there are houses out there that were built in the 50's,and look like it,in not great neighborhoods, selling for 4-5 hundred thousand...... what are you going to do?....
I’m asking you how you would fix California for the people who can’t afford to live there. It’s great for the people who can.

Im surprised they put up with the homelessness but again, what are you going to do?
I’m asking you how you would fix California for the people who can’t afford to live there.
bobo more than half the people who live there cant afford to do so.....
California for a long time has been called "the ungovernable state"....there is a reason for that....

Im hooked.

At least we agree the balance is out of wack. And not just in california all over America.

What should we do about it? I’m with you
i think we should have a beer and smoke a joint and realize there aint a dam thing me and you can do about it and watch the 3-stooges instead....

Im hooked.

And if they are liberal they don’t mind paying.
lol....are you serious?.....i worked with lots of democrats in the PO,and they bitched like anyone else at tax time......
Then you mean socially liberal people. They probably hire illegals to do jobs for them.
duh?.....welcome to California bobo....

Im hooked.

Who would complain? Only illegals and illegal employers. Who cares about them?
no body wants to be called a racist and that is exactly what you would be called,real loud, by the pro-illegal activists out there......

Im hooked.

Ah! Now maybe you’re starting to get it. They don’t go after illegal employers in red states either. So don’t blame California when the entire country is also doing it.
im starting to get it or are you?....California has been doing that for quite a while.....they probably started it.....California has a lot of Hispanics bobo,......to you 3-4 Hispanics in one place is a lot....try hundreds,in some areas thousands.....that employer shit may not fly in areas like S.Cal....

Im hooked.

At least we agree the balance is out of wack. And not just in california all over America.

i think we should have a beer and smoke a joint and realize there aint a dam thing me and you can do about it and watch the 3-stooges instead....
Totally agree. I consider you a great guy, for a conservative minded person. I can tell you only slightly lean right. So I attack you just like I do anyone else who leans right But trust me most of the time with you I’m partially kidding because I know you don’t always agree with the right.

Anyways, I think you middle class idiots who for 40 years defended Reagan, Bush’s and trump have already ruined what made America great. What made America great was the biggest most successful middle class the world had ever seen. It was a mixture of free market capitalism and liberal policies like unions and social security. For 50 plus years even poor people could afford to retire at 65 or even 62. Back when college only cost $5000 a year.

So now I find myself making enough money to not care about these problems the middle class faces. And they themselves vote republican. So I give up. Every man for himself works for me and my family. We’re good. I won’t have to leave my home when I retire.

Im hooked.

im starting to get it or are you?....California has been doing that for quite a while.....they probably started it.....California has a lot of Hispanics bobo,......to you 3-4 Hispanics in one place is a lot....try hundreds,in some areas thousands.....that employer shit may not fly in areas like S.Cal....
I wish Michigan state legislatures would get the Michigan state police to go after illegal employers. When you catch an illegal you threaten to deport them if they don’t tell who they work for. It’s the same way cops used to get pot smokers to tell who they buy from.

So the police collect a database of illegal employers. Eventually go after enough of them the others get word and stop.

Trump stopped hiring illegals in 2017 July. We can get other companies to stop.

Interesting how this thread evolved...
im just following the creator....

I'm not complaining, sometimes it just happens. When it does, I am frequently amused,
most of the stuff by bobo is amusing....
Sorry back on track. I can’t wait for episode 4. I’m hooked. Hopefully we will come here in the future to talk about episodes we haven’t seen yet. I know there’s a comic book. I don’t want to know. I hope this doesn’t jump the shark for me like the walking dead did.

I'm not complaining, sometimes it just happens. When it does, I am frequently amused,
Sorry back on track. I can’t wait for episode 4. I’m hooked. Hopefully we will come here in the future to talk about episodes we haven’t seen yet. I know there’s a comic book. I don’t want to know. I hope this doesn’t jump the shark for me like the walking dead did.

I watched the first episode, recording the rest so I can watch them without have to wait a week in between.

I watched the first episode, recording the rest so I can watch them without have to wait a week in between.
I dont mind waiting I just dont want to have to remember what day of the week it’s on. I’ll be pleasantly surprised next time I see one is recorded. Waiting for Orville too.

I dont mind waiting I just dont want to have to remember what day of the week it’s on. I’ll be pleasantly surprised next time I see one is recorded. Waiting for Orville too.

The Orville moved to HULU. Fuckers. I loved that show. I won't pay for HULU.

Im hooked.

Totally agree. I consider you a great guy, for a conservative minded person. I can tell you only slightly lean right. So I attack you just like I do anyone else who leans right But trust me most of the time with you I’m partially kidding because I know you don’t always agree with the right.

Anyways, I think you middle class idiots who for 40 years defended Reagan, Bush’s and trump have already ruined what made America great. What made America great was the biggest most successful middle class the world had ever seen. It was a mixture of free market capitalism and liberal policies like unions and social security. For 50 plus years even poor people could afford to retire at 65 or even 62. Back when college only cost $5000 a year.

So now I find myself making enough money to not care about these problems the middle class faces. And they themselves vote republican. So I give up. Every man for himself works for me and my family. We’re good. I won’t have to leave my home when I retire.
lol....you are all right bobo.....first you tell me what a great guy i am and them in the next paragraph call me a middle class idiot....lol...

Forum List

Back