Resident Alien

New on syfi. It started off great but now we’re in the character development phase and it’s a little slow, boring and depressing but still overall I love the characters and story. The sheriff wants to be called big black but the townfolk aren’t comfotable With it. The main character wants to kill every human on earth yet he’s getting to know people. He assumed a doctors identity and so far he’s gotten away with pretending to be a doctor. He’s much smarter than us or so he thinks.

A couple kids can see him for the alien he is but no one believes them.

Im hooked.
Who doesn't want to kill every human on earth? I like the show too.
In Avengers End Game half the people just disappeared. Immediately I thought what if they were all the trump supporters and deep state republicans. Wouldn’t be bad at all. I’d be team Thanos.

And you wonder why we feel you are at war with us.
Actually I believe the combination of liberal and conservative is just a little too out of wack. I appreciate what conservatives bring to the table. Just not in large doses.

I like conservatives when I go visit the country.
we dont need large doses of either liberalism or conservatism...if done correctly they balance each other out nicely......California back in the day was a good example.....now they are an example of what happens when the balance is out of sync..........
I don’t get how poor people who work live in California. I imagine my friend Shelly lives out there with a guy near San Diego. Maybe it’s a small apartment? Maybe he purchased the home a long time ago.

I jus can’t believe it’s as expensive as they say.

How does someone who only makes $20 hr live in California?
They have lots and lots of roommates or live in their cars. Before I left the studios got permission from the city too allow studio workers to sleep in their cars overnight.

Housing for semi professionals had just started moving into sleeping pods with a communal bathroom and kitchen. Rent started at $1000.00 A month.
Sounds like a republican utopia. Where only the rich can afford to live there. Where there is a small middle class and the masses are all working poor. Funny you care that this is happening in California but ok that it’s happening everywhere else too.

What else besides lowering taxes would solve this problem? I want to hear what republicans say they would do to fix this besides lowering taxes.

To me, California souds like a place you all want to be. You just can’t afford it. So? Move to another state. Or don’t go to California. Problem solved.
Sounds like a republican utopia. Where only the rich can afford to live there.
and yet its a democrat utopia......how can that be?....

New on syfi. It started off great but now we’re in the character development phase and it’s a little slow, boring and depressing but still overall I love the characters and story. The sheriff wants to be called big black but the townfolk aren’t comfotable With it. The main character wants to kill every human on earth yet he’s getting to know people. He assumed a doctors identity and so far he’s gotten away with pretending to be a doctor. He’s much smarter than us or so he thinks.

Im hooked.
In Avengers End Game half the people just disappeared. Immediately I thought what if they were all the trump supporters and deep state republicans. Wouldn’t be bad at all. I’d be team Thanos.

Actually I believe the combination of liberal and conservative is just a little too out of wack. I appreciate what conservatives bring to the table. Just not in large doses.

we dont need large doses of either liberalism or conservatism...if done correctly they balance each other out nicely......California back in the day was a good example.....now they are an example of what happens when the balance is out of sync..........
Increasingly more people are saying high taxes, the high cost of living, and even politics are making them choose to leave the Golden State.

If you want to live in NYC or Cali you just know it's going to be higher taxes and cost of living than the rest of the country. This should not come as a shock to you. These are places for rich people to own and dwell. If you can't afford to live in California, it's not the states problem it's yours.

A lot of these people aren't going to make what they made in California when they move to Missouri. What about that? Sure if you are retiring you should leave California where it's cheaper to live but if you work in Cali making $80,000 you're probably going to make $50,000 in Missouri, no?

“Our property taxes here on seven acres is about a third of what it was on three acres in California,” said Barbara.

“Electricity, I mean, everything else is cheaper,” said Barbara.

Power, property tax, income tax, gas, and even car registrations, all a fraction of what it would cost in California.

Do you know Harry that this is why black people don't move out of Detroit into Metro Detroit? And it was done by design to keep the riff raff out. Ever think that's what California is trying to do?
If that is what the state is trying to do it would not pay for the drug addicted homeless to live here.
What can they do about it? With the homeless around it makes Harry grateful he has a mail carrier job. It may not pay well but he’ll get a retirement he can live on if he leaves the state. Now it’s time to leave and he’s bitter. Sorry you can’t afford to live in paradise.
where i was at bobo there were no homeless......and it paid better (27 an hour)than most regular jobs .....i was making more than the cops and teachers who lived out there....and when it was paradise i was living there pretty nicely..... now i would not want to live there......

Im hooked.

I don’t get how poor people who work live in California. I imagine my friend Shelly lives out there with a guy near San Diego. Maybe it’s a small apartment? Maybe he purchased the home a long time ago.

They have lots and lots of roommates or live in their cars. Before I left the studios got permission from the city too allow studio workers to sleep in their cars overnight.

Housing for semi professionals had just started moving into sleeping pods with a communal bathroom and kitchen. Rent started at $1000.00 A month.
Sounds like a republican utopia. Where only the rich can afford to live there. Where there is a small middle class and the masses are all working poor. Funny you care that this is happening in California but ok that it’s happening everywhere else too.

What else besides lowering taxes would solve this problem? I want to hear what republicans say they would do to fix this besides lowering taxes.

To me, California souds like a place you all want to be. You just can’t afford it. So? Move to another state. Or don’t go to California. Problem solved.
I don’t get it. I don’t think we know the whole story but I am fascinated.

Why aren’t republicans running on lowering taxes and cost of all the fees. Like registering your car is more. Do republicans like Arnold get in and do no better? Do you have an answer what you would do to fix California?

My guess is the workers there need to unionize and they need higher minimum wage.

Im hooked.

Increasingly more people are saying high taxes, the high cost of living, and even politics are making them choose to leave the Golden State.

If you want to live in NYC or Cali you just know it's going to be higher taxes and cost of living than the rest of the country. This should not come as a shock to you. These are places for rich people to own and dwell. If you can't afford to live in California, it's not the states problem it's yours.

A lot of these people aren't going to make what they made in California when they move to Missouri. What about that? Sure if you are retiring you should leave California where it's cheaper to live but if you work in Cali making $80,000 you're probably going to make $50,000 in Missouri, no?

“Our property taxes here on seven acres is about a third of what it was on three acres in California,” said Barbara.

Power, property tax, income tax, gas, and even car registrations, all a fraction of what it would cost in California.

Do you know Harry that this is why black people don't move out of Detroit into Metro Detroit? And it was done by design to keep the riff raff out. Ever think that's what California is trying to do?
If that is what the state is trying to do it would not pay for the drug addicted homeless to live here.
What can they do about it? With the homeless around it makes Harry grateful he has a mail carrier job. It may not pay well but he’ll get a retirement he can live on if he leaves the state. Now it’s time to leave and he’s bitter. Sorry you can’t afford to live in paradise.
where i was at bobo there were no homeless......and it paid better (27 an hour)than most regular jobs .....i was making more than the cops and teachers who lived out there....and when it was paradise i was living there pretty nicely..... now i would not want to live there......
Too many Hispanics?

Im hooked.

So living among the rich you noticed a lot of them were democrats and that’s why you are a conservative because you believe republicans are for the little guys?

I don’t think so. I think you delivered mail to rich people and they were mostly republicans. And they turned you into a conservative. And you felt like one of them for 30 years now you got to move.

You said the rich gave big tips at christmas. We’re these liberal rich people or conservatives?

California is hardly paradise. The cities are very close to being uninhabitable. I used to live in Los Angeles. I know people leaving for other countries giving up citizenship. The homeless are deadly.
Not where homes are more than $1 million dollars.

Obviously somethings keeping them there. If they can go to any red state and triple the size of their property or go and cut their expenses why do they stay?

This is the same argument I made for New York vs google. Google didn’t want to pay taxes but they wanted to be in New York. No. If you want tax free, go to a red state. And where did google decide to move? No where else? red states need to ask Bezos wtf. He could literally make a struggling coal miner state great again if he would move to Appalachia. Why won’t he?
Because in WV they thought I was a Vampire and they believe in the Mothman-enough said.
Back on topic: The more amusing portions of Resident Alien are his interaction with the kid who can see his Alien identity, almost gives that
Dennis the Menace & Mr Wilson dynamic to the characters.
Back to your off topic Cali topic:
Cities make the mistake of not accomadating for the working classes with affordable housing and shopping, seems most cities have neighborhoods that protest lowering their home values and risking security by accomadating that need, so Cali could have finished the speed train system a long time ago to allow faster commute times so those communities could exist in the outskirts of the pretentious elites.
With Cali weather trailer cities and portable insulated part solar sheds instead of tents can exist as long as they have security & are well managed /watched over to stay stable and safe which means setting rules which liberals hate to live by and therefore have trouble running and maintaining such communities.

Im hooked.

Reality does not match your assumptions.

What does that tell you?

Im hooked.

Why aren’t republicans running on lowering taxes and cost of all the fees. Like registering your car is more. Do republicans like Arnold get in and do no better? Do you have an answer what you would do to fix California?

My guess is the workers there need to unionize and they need higher minimum wage.
the California legislature has been democrat for decades now....they run the show....

Im hooked.

Too many Hispanics?
there have always been Hispanics in California....lots of them....

Im hooked.

So living among the rich you noticed a lot of them were democrats and that’s why you are a conservative because you believe republicans are for the little guys?

I don’t think so. I think you delivered mail to rich people and they were mostly republicans. And they turned you into a conservative. And you felt like one of them for 30 years now you got to move.

You said the rich gave big tips at christmas. We’re these liberal rich people or conservatives?
i did not live among the rich......and yes lots of people out there are democrats....and i am not that conservative and i dont believe either party is for the little guy....its mostly all talk at election time.....and no bobo the so called rich people i delivered to were far and away democrats....once again you guessed wrong.....

California is hardly paradise. The cities are very close to being uninhabitable. I used to live in Los Angeles. I know people leaving for other countries giving up citizenship. The homeless are deadly.

Obviously somethings keeping them there. If they can go to any red state and triple the size of their property or go and cut their expenses why do they stay?

This is the same argument I made for New York vs google. Google didn’t want to pay taxes but they wanted to be in New York. No. If you want tax free, go to a red state. And where did google decide to move? No where else? red states need to ask Bezos wtf. He could literally make a struggling coal miner state great again if he would move to Appalachia. Why won’t he?
Because in WV they thought I was a Vampire and they believe in the Mothman-enough said.
Back on topic: The more amusing portions of Resident Alien are his interaction with the kid who can see his Alien identity, almost gives that
Cities make the mistake of not accomadating for the working classes with affordable housing and shopping, seems most cities have neighborhoods that protest lowering their home values and risking security by accomadating that need, so Cali could have finished the speed train system a long time ago to allow faster commute times so those communities could exist in the outskirts of the pretentious elites.
With Cali weather trailer cities and portable insulated part solar sheds instead of tents can exist as long as they have security & are well managed /watched over to stay stable and safe which means setting rules which liberals hate to live by and therefore have trouble running and maintaining such communities.
Yes I am enjoying the dynamic between the boy and alien. I’m watching the third episode now. Also funny the one slutty girl dated the father in high school.

Im hooked.

the California legislature has been democrat for decades now....they run the show....
What would you do to make California more affordable? Sounds like you want to lower property values. You say houses cost too much right? Seems to be a main talking point with conservatives.

How would you lower the prices of everything in California? You’d cut taxes? But aren’t you in debt?

I would tax Hollywood. The super rich. But that’s just me. If California is so liberal why don’t they do that?

Im hooked.

i did not live among the rich......and yes lots of people out there are democrats....and i am not that conservative and i dont believe either party is for the little guy....its mostly all talk at election time.....and no bobo the so called rich people i delivered to were far and away democrats....once again you guessed wrong.....
So they didn’t mind paying the high taxes? Socially or fiscally liberal? Plus what they say to you might not even be the truth. Like do you think I tell blm people where they are wrong? No. I just agree.

They knew you were a government worker, socialist job, union. So they treat you respectfully. You’re part of the small merchant class. Not the rabble. But now even people in the middle class are starting to realize even they’ve taken a huge step back. Can’t even retire in California. You got to move to a nasty deplorable red state.

The rich have never been richer. Millionaires are now billionaires. But if we talk about taxing that out of control wealth or if we try to organize into unions, you guys argue with us. So the rich keep getting richer. It’s not just happening in California. It’s just the worst there. Well, it’s prime real estate, can’t afford it go to a red state. Think you’ll be happy there? Don’t take kids with you. No jobs there for them when they grow up. Only good option for retirees on fixed income.

I wonder how many Americans do reverse mortgages? It’s a good option if you need the money and don’t have family you want to leave your home to.

Im hooked.

What should the government do about the out of control gap between ceo pay and blue collar pay In california? There are lots of people in California who can afford the high taxes. And if they are liberal they don’t mind paying.

You guys like to blame blue states for things that corporations do. In blue Michigan they broke our unions. Sent all those car manufacturing jobs and their suppliers overseas. They hire illegal workers in blue states.

Youre blaming blue states for the bad things corporations do.

One thing maybe we can agree on is go after illegal employers. Not illegal workers. Go after the illegal employers. Then the problem will go away

Yes I am enjoying the dynamic between the boy and alien. I’m watching the third episode now. Also funny the one slutty girl dated the father in high school.
"you should not listen to his balls,they are nuts".......lol....

Im hooked.

What would you do to make California more affordable? Sounds like you want to lower property values. You say houses cost too much right? Seems to be a main talking point with conservatives.

How would you lower the prices of everything in California? You’d cut taxes? But aren’t you in debt?

I would tax Hollywood. The super rich. But that’s just me. If California is so liberal why don’t they do that?
bobo there are houses out there that were built in the 50's,and look like it,in not great neighborhoods, selling for 4-5 hundred thousand...... what are you going to do?....

"you should not listen to his balls,they are nuts".......lol....
I really do like this show. And I love having a dvr because I don’t have to make sure im around the night and time it airs. This morning I saw episode three was taped so I watched it.

There aren’t a lot of shows I’m into. I wish I loved csi or blue bloods but I just don’t. I was happy to find I really like its always sunny in Philadelphia but now it seems like I’ve seen them all. Glad to find something new I like.

You know what I wish was regulated? Cable tv and internet. It should be $50 a month not what we pay. It’s outrageous. That’s a big difference between today and when we were young. We weren’t spending $100 plus a month on internet slash tv.

Im hooked.

bobo there are houses out there that were built in the 50's,and look like it,in not great neighborhoods, selling for 4-5 hundred thousand...... what are you going to do?....
I’m asking you how you would fix California for the people who can’t afford to live there. It’s great for the people who can.

Im surprised they put up with the homelessness but again, what are you going to do?

Im hooked.

What should the government do about the out of control gap between ceo pay and blue collar pay In california? There are lots of people in California who can afford the high taxes. And if they are liberal they don’t mind paying.

You guys like to blame blue states for things that corporations do. In blue Michigan they broke our unions. Sent all those car manufacturing jobs and their suppliers overseas. They hire illegal workers in blue states.

Youre blaming blue states for the bad things corporations do.

One thing maybe we can agree on is go after illegal employers. Not illegal workers. Go after the illegal employers. Then the problem will go away
And if they are liberal they don’t mind paying.
lol....are you serious?.....i worked with lots of democrats in the PO,and they bitched like anyone else at tax time......

Im hooked.

At least we agree the balance is out of wack. And not just in california all over America.

What should we do about it? I’m with you

Forum List

Back