Resident Alien

New on syfi. It started off great but now we’re in the character development phase and it’s a little slow, boring and depressing but still overall I love the characters and story. The sheriff wants to be called big black but the townfolk aren’t comfotable With it. The main character wants to kill every human on earth yet he’s getting to know people. He assumed a doctors identity and so far he’s gotten away with pretending to be a doctor. He’s much smarter than us or so he thinks.

A couple kids can see him for the alien he is but no one believes them.

Im hooked.
Who doesn't want to kill every human on earth? I like the show too.
In Avengers End Game half the people just disappeared. Immediately I thought what if they were all the trump supporters and deep state republicans. Wouldn’t be bad at all. I’d be team Thanos.

And you wonder why we feel you are at war with us.
Actually I believe the combination of liberal and conservative is just a little too out of wack. I appreciate what conservatives bring to the table. Just not in large doses.

I like conservatives when I go visit the country.
we dont need large doses of either liberalism or conservatism...if done correctly they balance each other out nicely......California back in the day was a good example.....now they are an example of what happens when the balance is out of sync..........
Increasingly more people are saying high taxes, the high cost of living, and even politics are making them choose to leave the Golden State.

If you want to live in NYC or Cali you just know it's going to be higher taxes and cost of living than the rest of the country. This should not come as a shock to you. These are places for rich people to own and dwell. If you can't afford to live in California, it's not the states problem it's yours.

A lot of these people aren't going to make what they made in California when they move to Missouri. What about that? Sure if you are retiring you should leave California where it's cheaper to live but if you work in Cali making $80,000 you're probably going to make $50,000 in Missouri, no?

“Our property taxes here on seven acres is about a third of what it was on three acres in California,” said Barbara.

“Electricity, I mean, everything else is cheaper,” said Barbara.

Power, property tax, income tax, gas, and even car registrations, all a fraction of what it would cost in California.

Do you know Harry that this is why black people don't move out of Detroit into Metro Detroit? And it was done by design to keep the riff raff out. Ever think that's what California is trying to do?

New on syfi. It started off great but now we’re in the character development phase and it’s a little slow, boring and depressing but still overall I love the characters and story. The sheriff wants to be called big black but the townfolk aren’t comfotable With it. The main character wants to kill every human on earth yet he’s getting to know people. He assumed a doctors identity and so far he’s gotten away with pretending to be a doctor. He’s much smarter than us or so he thinks.

Im hooked.
In Avengers End Game half the people just disappeared. Immediately I thought what if they were all the trump supporters and deep state republicans. Wouldn’t be bad at all. I’d be team Thanos.

Actually I believe the combination of liberal and conservative is just a little too out of wack. I appreciate what conservatives bring to the table. Just not in large doses.

we dont need large doses of either liberalism or conservatism...if done correctly they balance each other out nicely......California back in the day was a good example.....now they are an example of what happens when the balance is out of sync..........
I don’t get how poor people who work live in California. I imagine my friend Shelly lives out there with a guy near San Diego. Maybe it’s a small apartment? Maybe he purchased the home a long time ago.

I jus can’t believe it’s as expensive as they say.

How does someone who only makes $20 hr live in California?
bobo when i was carrying mail i was delivering in the Anaheim Hills,a wealthy area.....there were couples there making together around 2-3 hundred thousand a year and were just getting by....a nice big house,2 big cars, a boat parked along the house.....and getting letters from the finance companies.....bills with late notice on them....many Californians like you to think they are wealthy.....and believe me some are pretty dam rich....there is a section in the hills called the Peralta Hills.....those people are the real deal....houses are all around 2-3 mill....lots of pro athletes and musicians and big money makers there....some of the houses are pretty dam nice.... the carrier who delivers up there used to take in around 2-3 thousand in tips at christmas time.. as well as other "gifts"....

Im hooked.

It's good to know I could live comfortably in California

They calculated an annual income of $74,371 was about right for the average person tolive comfortably in Los Angeles.

Unfortunately, California's coastline topography makes it more expensive to build here than most other places. Also, there's the ocean. You can't expand into the ocean. Limited land plus tons of demand means high land prices.

Basically, if you can't afford to live in California, get out. No different than rural red states. They don't have a lot of jobs and if the kids stay in the town they grew up, they'll be poor because there are no opportunities. So they have to leave for a city somewhere after they graduate college.

Well California is like one of the best places to live in the world. Of course it's going to be expensive. I don't know if I would blame liberalism on it. And if liberalism is ruining california it seems like it's only ruining it for poor people. Rich people admit it's expensive but they pay because they don't want to live in Arkansas or Texas.

And I just read that $50,000 is just fine to live in California.

So why is California ruined? Because poor people can't afford it? Fuck em! Move to a red state with no ocean. Location, Location, Location bro.
yea 50 thousand is fine if you live inland away from the wealthy areas or out in the boonies like hemet....but then lots bikers and gangs live out in those areas too...my mother in law lived in hemet....lots of bikers and a lot more crime.........

Im hooked.

Increasingly more people are saying high taxes, the high cost of living, and even politics are making them choose to leave the Golden State.

If you want to live in NYC or Cali you just know it's going to be higher taxes and cost of living than the rest of the country. This should not come as a shock to you. These are places for rich people to own and dwell. If you can't afford to live in California, it's not the states problem it's yours.

A lot of these people aren't going to make what they made in California when they move to Missouri. What about that? Sure if you are retiring you should leave California where it's cheaper to live but if you work in Cali making $80,000 you're probably going to make $50,000 in Missouri, no?

“Our property taxes here on seven acres is about a third of what it was on three acres in California,” said Barbara.

Power, property tax, income tax, gas, and even car registrations, all a fraction of what it would cost in California.

Do you know Harry that this is why black people don't move out of Detroit into Metro Detroit? And it was done by design to keep the riff raff out. Ever think that's what California is trying to do?
years ago bobo California didnt have no where near the problems they have today.....many of the people who worked and paid taxes to make that state what it was were finding out if they retired they could not afford to live there unless they had lots money or they had to move to the desert areas were all the shit is (except Palm Springs) so a hell of a lot of them had to move away to another state.....the politicians should be ashamed of themselves for this....but they have never cared,they are well off.....and many wealthy people have moved out too.....and i mean a lot along with their businesses....

Im hooked.

I don’t get how poor people who work live in California. I imagine my friend Shelly lives out there with a guy near San Diego. Maybe it’s a small apartment? Maybe he purchased the home a long time ago.

bobo when i was carrying mail i was delivering in the Anaheim Hills,a wealthy area.....there were couples there making together around 2-3 hundred thousand a year and were just getting by....a nice big house,2 big cars, a boat parked along the house.....and getting letters from the finance companies.....bills with late notice on them....many Californians like you to think they are wealthy.....and believe me some are pretty dam rich....there is a section in the hills called the Peralta Hills.....those people are the real deal....houses are all around 2-3 mill....lots of pro athletes and musicians and big money makers there....some of the houses are pretty dam nice.... the carrier who delivers up there used to take in around 2-3 thousand in tips at christmas time.. as well as other "gifts"....
That happens everywhere. Here in Michigan I know a doctor and his wife is an anestesiologist. The people who put you under before surgery. So they make BANK. And they are in debt too getting letters from finance companies.

Im hooked.

years ago bobo California didnt have no where near the problems they have today.....many of the people who worked and paid taxes to make that state what it was were finding out if they retired they could not afford to live there unless they had lots money or they had to move to the desert areas were all the shit is (except Palm Springs) so a hell of a lot of them had to move away to another state.....the politicians should be ashamed of themselves for this....but they have never cared,they are well off.....and many wealthy people have moved out too.....and i mean a lot along with their businesses....
It sounds like California is only a place rich people should live. And sorry but when you are done being a mailman of course it's going to be cheaper to live in another state. They only wanted you there to deliver their mail. When they no longer need you move to Florida or Alabama.

More than 158,000 people moved to California over the 12 month period that ended July 1. But more than 197,000 people left.

I'll give you the same advice as we give Detroiters. Maybe Detroit aint for you. If the opportunities aren't there, leave. Only Detroit is a hell hole and California is beautiful and should be exclusively for rich people if that's what the market says. This is supply and demand. Sounds to me California keeps prices high to keep riff raff out. Plain and simple. Just like Metro Detroit does. Most Detroiters don't move to the suburbs because the cost of living is so much more. You can buy a home in Detroit for $50K. In Metro Detroit you can buy one for $200K

Im hooked.

It sounds like California is only a place rich people should live. And sorry but when you are done being a mailman of course it's going to be cheaper to live in another state. They only wanted you there to deliver their mail. When they no longer need you move to Florida or Alabama.

More than 158,000 people moved to California over the 12 month period that ended July 1. But more than 197,000 people left.

I'll give you the same advice as we give Detroiters. Maybe Detroit aint for you. If the opportunities aren't there, leave. Only Detroit is a hell hole and California is beautiful and should be exclusively for rich people if that's what the market says. This is supply and demand. Sounds to me California keeps prices high to keep riff raff out. Plain and simple. Just like Metro Detroit does. Most Detroiters don't move to the suburbs because the cost of living is so much more. You can buy a home in Detroit for $50K. In Metro Detroit you can buy one for $200K
the trouble is those high prices dont keep the riff raff out...and a good percentage of those 158,000 moving in are illegals....

Im hooked.

the trouble is those high prices dont keep the riff raff out...and a good percentage of those 158,000 moving in are illegals....
Why do so many vote democratic? I mean all the rich people. This is weird to me that rich people are voting Democratic Party. Ok actors I get but why is California so blue? Arent there more poor people than rich people in California?

And what would republicans do would they just lower taxes for poor people or would they lower everyones taxes? Chances are they’d lower everyone’s taxes and that would really bankrupt the state.

Michigan is a blue state. I don’t feel I have to leave the state to retire. Plus that would suck to have to move away from all your friends and family.

I think california likes the way things are. You don’t think the high cost of living is keeping the riff raff out but I bet it is. So illegals are perfect solution. They’ll live ten in one house and work cheap.

I wouldn’t move to California unless I had a really good job waiting for me. And if I grew up in California and wasn’t successful id probably move.

WHAT THE FUCK happened to this THREAD?????

I thought it was about a new TV show.
the guy who started the thread changed the topic talk to him....
Yes it was my fault. If I had the power I would do something about our overpopulation problem. Like if I were Superman I would rule with an iron fist. People who didn’t obey I would fly them up 1 mile then drop them. Not a lot of people would get jail time.

Id use my X-ray vision to sterilize poor people.

And you could all blame me but appreciate the clean air and rain forests and wildlife that would flourish with half the population gone.

There would be no Iranian military or boka haram. No russian nukes or North Korean missles.

Cocaine would be legal and Columbia would be one of the richest countries in the world. Tobacco companies would be the new outlaws.

Im hooked.

They have lots and lots of roommates or live in their cars. Before I left the studios got permission from the city too allow studio workers to sleep in their cars overnight.

Housing for semi professionals had just started moving into sleeping pods with a communal bathroom and kitchen. Rent started at $1000.00 A month.

Im hooked.

If that is what the state is trying to do it would not pay for the drug addicted homeless to live here.

Im hooked.

They have lots and lots of roommates or live in their cars. Before I left the studios got permission from the city too allow studio workers to sleep in their cars overnight.

Housing for semi professionals had just started moving into sleeping pods with a communal bathroom and kitchen. Rent started at $1000.00 A month.
Sounds like a republican utopia. Where only the rich can afford to live there. Where there is a small middle class and the masses are all working poor. Funny you care that this is happening in California but ok that it’s happening everywhere else too.

What else besides lowering taxes would solve this problem? I want to hear what republicans say they would do to fix this besides lowering taxes.

To me, California souds like a place you all want to be. You just can’t afford it. So? Move to another state. Or don’t go to California. Problem solved.

Im hooked.

If that is what the state is trying to do it would not pay for the drug addicted homeless to live here.
What can they do about it? With the homeless around it makes Harry grateful he has a mail carrier job. It may not pay well but he’ll get a retirement he can live on if he leaves the state. Now it’s time to leave and he’s bitter. Sorry you can’t afford to live in paradise.

California is hardly paradise. The cities are very close to being uninhabitable. I used to live in Los Angeles. I know people leaving for other countries giving up citizenship. The homeless are deadly.

California is hardly paradise. The cities are very close to being uninhabitable. I used to live in Los Angeles. I know people leaving for other countries giving up citizenship. The homeless are deadly.
Not where homes are more than $1 million dollars.

Obviously somethings keeping them there. If they can go to any red state and triple the size of their property or go and cut their expenses why do they stay?

This is the same argument I made for New York vs google. Google didn’t want to pay taxes but they wanted to be in New York. No. If you want tax free, go to a red state. And where did google decide to move? No where else? red states need to ask Bezos wtf. He could literally make a struggling coal miner state great again if he would move to Appalachia. Why won’t he?

Forum List

Back