Republicans Turn on Trump

A former GOP congressman says many MAGA Republicans are secretly hoping for Trump's 'mortal demise'

Former GOP Rep. Peter Meijer said there are "a lot of folks" in the ranks of MAGA Republicans who are hoping for former President Donald Trump's "mortal demise."

"I want to be clear: I'm not in that camp. But I've heard from a lot of people who will go onstage and put on the red hat, and then give me a call the next day and say, 'I can't wait until this guy dies," Meijer told McKay Coppins, a journalist at The Atlantic.

They found their balls and are finally realizing what a YUGE loser this con artist is.

Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) wants the GOP to focus on the future, in what could be seen as a subtle dig against former president Donald Trump ahead of his expected announcement next week of a 2024 run. Grassley wrote on Twitter, “Quit talking abt 2020,” and echoed Abraham Lincoln’s advice that “the true cure” for one election “is in the next election.”
Let's be clear. There are two types of Republicans.

RINO's, Globalists, Deep State Republicans

Trump Republicans like this guy Texas mall shooting suspect may have scouted the location weeks prior

I'm serious.

And us Democrats called it in 2006

A former GOP congressman says many MAGA Republicans are secretly hoping for Trump's 'mortal demise'

Former GOP Rep. Peter Meijer said there are "a lot of folks" in the ranks of MAGA Republicans who are hoping for former President Donald Trump's "mortal demise."

"I want to be clear: I'm not in that camp. But I've heard from a lot of people who will go onstage and put on the red hat, and then give me a call the next day and say, 'I can't wait until this guy dies," Meijer told McKay Coppins, a journalist at The Atlantic.

They sure flip flop on how they feel about Trump huh?

Basically. It's the Republican way!
Turns out educated Republicans want DiSantis.

• 54% of potential Republican primary voters say Trump has the best chance of defeating Biden in the 2024 presidential election, compared with just 25% who say DeSantis.
  • That margin is similar to Trump’s advantage over DeSantis in Morning Consult’s daily tracking of GOP primary vote choice.
  • College-educated voters, who vote and consume news at a high rate, are less likely than those without a degree to see Trump as the best candidate to face the Democratic incumbent next year. They’re also more likely to support DeSantis in the race.
  • That makes college-educated voters an obvious starting point for DeSantis to target as he makes the case that he’s the most electable general election candidate.

I think the former GOP congressman is correct in that regard that the majority of the politically aware world wishes Trump would go away; one way or the "mortal demise" path. One of the more classy ways to put it I think.

But at the end of the day, one of the reasons the GOP voters (look on this board for an example) are so upset is that they know they are saddled with this guy. At best it's four more years of chaos that further injures the party. At worst; the party splits formally--there has been an irrevocable split already.

Synthaholic doesn't understand how legal advice works.
Yes, I do. If a lawyer tells you that it's legal to go rob that bank you disregard that legal advice and find a competent lawyer.

Mike Pence was told by lawyers that he could change the votes of the people, then he asked conservative law scholar J. Michael Luttig and former VP Dan Quayle and they told him absolutely not.

Yes, I do. If a lawyer tells you that it's legal to go rob that bank you disregard that legal advice and find a competent lawyer.

Mike Pence was told by lawyers that he could change the votes of the people, then he asked conservative law scholar J. Michael Luttig and former VP Dan Quayle and they told him absolutely not.
Dan Quayle? LOL!
potato2.jpg

They found their balls and are finally realizing what a YUGE loser this con artist is.

Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) wants the GOP to focus on the future, in what could be seen as a subtle dig against former president Donald Trump ahead of his expected announcement next week of a 2024 run. Grassley wrote on Twitter, “Quit talking abt 2020,” and echoed Abraham Lincoln’s advice that “the true cure” for one election “is in the next election.”

You're a day late and a dollar short

Forum List

Back