Republicans oppose economic stimulus

I was against it. I'm against all bailouts for the Ruling Class.

Whch part of Bush's stimulus measure was a bail out?

I think the Stimulus should hit each of us in the form of a Government Check. It is up to each then to use as we decide, be it paying off debt, or new purchases, or investment. Bottom up, rather than trickle down. Just the way I see it. Bailing out the big players, they just do it again.

That's been tried three times. It has failed every time.

Whch part of Bush's stimulus measure was a bail out?

I think the Stimulus should hit each of us in the form of a Government Check. It is up to each then to use as we decide, be it paying off debt, or new purchases, or investment. Bottom up, rather than trickle down. Just the way I see it. Bailing out the big players, they just do it again.

Not exactly. It has stimulated the economy. The problem for the Elite is by the time it trickles up it is a whisper. ;) For the working poor and Middle Class it is a Bonus.

This is a Democrat atrocity. Stimuli 1 & 2 & 3 didn't work, so let's do what doesn't work again?

Nonsense!

Let's don't do what doesn't work!!!

lol!

Let's do what does work.

:

Your statement reminds me of something that happened a few years ago. My neighbor fell off the roof and was seriously injured and was unable to walk. After an operation he was able to get out of his wheelchair but was still unable to actually walk. A second operation made it possible for him to walk but with a lot of pain. Then a combination of drugs and physical theory completed his recover.

TARP stabilized financial markets. The Jobs bill saved hundreds of thousands of jobs and created millions about equal to jobs being lost keeping us out of a depression. Had these actions not been taken we would be looking a much higher unemployment today. The current bill will add over a million jobs and will kick start the recovery. Of course we all know Republicans aren't going to allow that happen with elections in 2012.

This is a Democrat atrocity. Stimuli 1 & 2 & 3 didn't work, so let's do what doesn't work again?

Nonsense!

Let's don't do what doesn't work!!!

lol!

Let's do what does work.

:

Your statement reminds me of something that happened a few years ago. My neighbor fell off the roof and was seriously injured and was unable to walk. After an operation he was able to get out of his wheelchair but was still unable to actually walk. A second operation made it possible for him to walk but with a lot of pain. Then a combination of drugs and physical theory completed his recover.

TARP stabilized financial markets. The Jobs bill saved hundreds of thousands of jobs and created millions about equal to jobs being lost keeping us out of a depression. Had these actions not been taken we would be looking a much higher unemployment today. The current bill will add over a million jobs and will kick start the recovery. Of course we all know Republicans aren't going to allow that happen with elections in 2012.
Your statement reminds me of an old saying...

BUUUUULLLLLLLL.......SHIT! :lol:

It appears as if Republicans are against any attempt to revive the economy

Fed chairman gets letter from GOP leaders: No stimulus - Yahoo! Finance

Republicans are just smart enough to realize that if you just borrowed and spent 787 BILLION taxpayer dollars to stimulate the economy 2-1/2 years ago--and you had ZERO job growth in August 2011--

it's probably not a good idea to continue to THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD---:cuckoo:

And some democrats have woken up to this fact too--because DEMOCRATS are not supporting Obama's new job bill. In fact--it still hasn't been introduced into the house by a democrat and Harry Reid has actually tabled it for discussion at a later date--:lol:

and now DEMOCRATS.

It appears as if Republicans are against any attempt to revive the economy

Fed chairman gets letter from GOP leaders: No stimulus - Yahoo! Finance

Republicans are just smart enough to realize that if you just borrowed and spent 787 BILLION taxpayer dollars to stimulate the economy 2-1/2 years ago--and you had ZERO job growth in August 2011--

it's probably not a good idea to continue to THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD---:cuckoo:

And some democrats have woken up to this fact too--because DEMOCRATS are not supporting Obama's new job bill. In fact--it still hasn't been introduced into the house by a democrat and Harry Reid has actually tabled it for discussion at a later date--:lol:

View attachment 15304
and now DEMOCRATS.

The Jobs Bill is dangerous to State Sovereignty. They just don't get it. It's about Control, not Jobs. It is a Power Grab.

Then probably the stimulus money ran out considerably before 8/2011.

Oops -- I guess Republicans aren't smart enough to realize that, are they?

See what I mean?

Doesn't matter what happens, the neo-Keynesians are always right....Just ask them, they'll tell you. :lol:

If you spend stimulus money and the economy improves, that shows we're right.

If you run out of stimulus money before a full recovery happens and the economy gets worse, that shows we're right.

If you spend stimulus money and the economy gets worse while you're spending it, that shows we're wrong.

If you run out of stimulus money before a full recovery happens and the economy immediately rebounds, that shows we're wrong.

It's not my fault that the first two things happened and the second two things did not.

Right...You print up and spend a shitload of money and things somehow get better...It's proof you were right.

You print up and spend a shitload of money and things get worse...It's proof that you needed two shitloads of money printed up and spent last week.

No matter what happens, you can claim that you were right.

Familiarize yourself with the term "falsifiable" some time. :lol:

Right...You print up and spend a shitload of money and things somehow get better...It's proof you were right.

You print up and spend a shitload of money and things get worse...It's proof that you needed two shitloads of money printed up and spent last week.

No, if you spend a shitload of money and things get worse while you're spending it, like I said, that proves we're wrong. But that's not what happened. What happened was, we spent a shitload of money and things got better, and then we ran out of money and things got worse again.

And THAT proves that we needed to spend more money.

Perfectly falsifiable. All that had to happen to prove us wrong, was for the economy to get worse while the stimulus money was still being spent.

It didn't.

No, if you spend a shitload of money and things get worse while you're spending it, like I said, that proves we're wrong. But that's not what happened. What happened was, we spent a shitload of money and things got better, and then we ran out of money and things got worse again.

And THAT proves that we needed to spend more money.

Perfectly falsifiable. All that had to happen to prove us wrong, was for the economy to get worse while the stimulus money was still being spent.

It didn't.

When are you saying the stimulus money ran out?

Romer said that "by mid 2010 fiscal stimulus will likely be contributing little to growth."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...will_contribute_little_to_growth_in_2010.html

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...-stimulus-impact-on-economic-growth-has-past/

Last edited:

Not exactly. It has stimulated the economy. The problem for the Elite is by the time it trickles up it is a whisper. ;) For the working poor and Middle Class it is a Bonus.

No, it did not stimulate the economy. It failed. That is simply an objective fact.

When are you saying the stimulus money ran out?

Different parts at different times, but certainly the bulk of it by mid-2010.

There are a few bits and pieces that are still ongoing, like the cut in payroll taxes.

Forum List

Back