Republicans Need to Learn Their Real History on Race.

I doubt that, but obviously a good percentage are idiots like you.
Polls have been taken and whites in America have always minimized the amount of white racism that exists.

That hasn't got a thing to do with it TBH.

Most of the abolitionists believed in the new theory of "darwinsm," and eugenics. Most of them honestly believed, that the European ethnicity was superior to all other ethnic populations on the planet. . . like Margaret Sanger. They subscribed to the philosophy of the New English ruling classes.

However, they also believed in humanitarianism, and taking care of the other, "lesser," ethnic races and classes upon the planet. None of them really believed in equality at the time though. In the army of the North, blacks were either in segregated regiments, or played support roles in the war.

Yeah, there were a few Democrats residing in the north who didnt want blacks to be near them, but again, many northerners, mostly Republicans wanted all men to be treated equal, which again was why they fought against the tyranny of the South.

Cognitive dissonance is when racists disagree about howm much racism exists i modern America.

Now let's continue.

In 1876, America celebrated its one hundredth birthday. In that same year, there was an election. If you think the 2020 election was crazy, let’s just say that the 1876 election made 2020 look normal, except for the insurrection. The 1876 election offered Samuel Tilden from the Democratic party and Rutherford Hayes from the Republican party. Tilden won the popular vote but needed at least 185 electoral votes to become president. He got stuck at 184. Hayes had 166, but nineteen unawarded electoral votes remained after the popular vote. The nineteen votes belonged to South Carolina, Florida, and Louisiana. To get those nineteen votes, Hayes promised to end reconstruction. This promise is known as the 1877 Compromise.

The conditions of the 1877 Compromise are as follows: Hayes would remove federal troops and allow southern states home rule. Rutherford’s agreement to withdraw federal troops took away the protection the newly freed blacks had in the south from physical violence and nullified or ended constitutional protections blacks had due to the Union victory. Allowing the south home rule meant the Republican Party would no longer intervene in local issues in the south. At that point, the Republican Party first turned its back on blacks and ended its commitment to black civil rights in the south.

Point number two: A Republican president, with the support of the Republican Party, ended reconstruction. The Republican Party is the party of the 1877 Compromise that ended reconstruction and paved the way for Jim Crow.

The Reconstruction Act, American Historama: United States History for kids *** 1881-reconstruction-era/reconstruction-acts-1867.htm
Louis Kleber, The Presidential Election of 1876, History Today Volume 20 Issue 11 November 1970, https://www.historytoday.com/archive/feature/presidentialelection-1876
The Compromise of 1877, Khan Academy | Free Online Courses, Lessons & Practice humanities/us-history/civil-war-era/reconstruction/a/ compromise-of-1877
LOL Your argument is that Republicans didn't prevent Democrats from enacting Jim Crow laws, so they are equally guilty?

Polls have been taken and whites in America have always minimized the amount of white racism that exists.
Racism is not nearly as pervasive in American society as the idiotic left wants to believe. There is a racism industrial complex on the left. It’s their job to foment as much racism as possible. Their livelihood depends on it.

When they can’t find it, they invent it.

Racism is not nearly as pervasive in American society as the idiotic left wants to believe. There is a racism industrial complex on the left. It’s their job to foment as much racism as possible. Their livelihood depends on it.

When they can’t find it, they invent it.
The United States is soooooo Wacist.......

How Wacist is it?

United States is soooo Wacist, that every person of different colors wants to come here. Imagine that....

People from Africa coming to the US
People from Haiti coming to the US
People from South America coming to the US.
People from China coming to the US
The only problem with the United States, is black people murdering black people every fucking weekend.

Yeah, there were a few Democrats residing in the north who didnt want blacks to be near them, but again, many northerners, mostly Republicans wanted all men to be treated equal, which again was why they fought against the tyranny of the South.

Some of the Republicans here are clearly ignorant of their record on race.

The racist history of the Democratic party is well documented. The Democratic Party was founded in 1828. Slavery had been in this country since at least 1619. Slavery existed for 209 years before the democratic party existed. Republicans today love telling blacks how the Democratic Party was pro-slavery and how it was the Republican Party that freed the slaves. There is a lot modern republicans choose not to tell blacks as they try luring blacks into supporting a move back into Jim Crow. First, not all Republicans were for racial equality. The Party had several factions in the beginning. One was the Radical Republicans. The Radical Republicans were for the eradication of slavery. They were not conservatives. Frederick Douglass was a Radical Republican. Lincoln was moderate politically. He opposed the expansion of slavery but did not believe in racial equality.

“I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black ... I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will for ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

Those who have studied Lincoln claim that his views evolved. Did they? The Second Confiscation Act in 1862 had provisions for the colonization of blacks who chose to leave. Both Dr. Henry Louis Gates and the 1619 Project have written about a meeting between blacks and Lincoln whereby he made insulting comments to them, blamed blacks for the Civil War, and demanded they accept his plan to resettle blacks outside of America. According to both sources, on Aug. 14, 1862, Lincoln met with black representatives at the White House to try getting blacks to accept getting shipped out of the country. They refused.

Arthur Zilversmit, Lincoln and the Problem of Race: A Decade of Interpretations, Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association, Volume 2, Issue 1, 1980, pp. 22-45, U-M Library Digital Collections j/jala/2629860.0002.104?view=text;rgn=main

Henry Louis Gates Jr., Did Lincoln Want to Ship Black People Back to Africa? https://www.theroot.com/did-lincoln-want-to-ship-black people-back-to-africa-1790858389

End of Pt.1
Well... if THAT isn't the Pot calling the Kettle black... :laughing0301:

Do you think that in the North, there werent Democrats before the civil war? I agree that the US had many problems with racial disparity, but kept working to resolve it and it took centuries to get it close to being gone, then along came the 1/2 white guy who set US back to day one....

Meanwhile, the Democrats were the KKK and Confederates. They filibustered civil rights, and to this day practice and spread racism.

Who says Lincoln was perfect? His position was for great progress, and definitely better than any Democrack's. You know, the foundation for your party of great preference?

k
Coyote,

There has been polling done whereby 22-31 percent of whites polled held racist views. A more recent poll was done whereby between 40-50 percent of whites polled said America will be weaker with a white minority. I'll look this last one up and post it later as I have some work to do right now.
I would like to see it because a lot depends on how questions are worded and what is defined as racist.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I bet every day when you look in the mirror, you just want to flog yourself for being white....
And why would she do that? Is racism a requirement for being white? Is arrogance?

Let's see, Dems in Dem run states in Dem run cities have sent millions of blacks to Dem run prisons after Dem run police departments arrested them and Dem run courts convicted them...but...Republicans. Riiiiiight.

The conditions of the 1877 Compromise are as follows: Hayes would remove federal troops and allow southern states home rule.
Isn't that the point of state government? To decide what happens in your own state.

k

I would like to see it because a lot depends on how questions are worded and what is defined as racist.
I think if 40 percent of whites believe the country is weaker if it's not majority white, that pretty much defines a belief in racial superiority.

46% of whites worry becoming a majority-minority nation will 'weaken American culture,' survey says

Isn't that the point of state government? To decide what happens in your own state.
A Republican ended reconstruction in places that seceeded from the union. Those states were under federal control. Republicans turned their backs on blacks and once they did that whites started killing blacks and Republicans did nothing.

Forum List

Back