Republicans Need to Learn Their Real History on Race.

Some of the Republicans here are clearly ignorant of their record on race.

The racist history of the Democratic party is well documented. The Democratic Party was founded in 1828. Slavery had been in this country since at least 1619. Slavery existed for 209 years before the democratic party existed. Republicans today love telling blacks how the Democratic Party was pro-slavery and how it was the Republican Party that freed the slaves. There is a lot modern republicans choose not to tell blacks as they try luring blacks into supporting a move back into Jim Crow. First, not all Republicans were for racial equality. The Party had several factions in the beginning. One was the Radical Republicans. The Radical Republicans were for the eradication of slavery. They were not conservatives. Frederick Douglass was a Radical Republican. Lincoln was moderate politically. He opposed the expansion of slavery but did not believe in racial equality.

“I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black ... I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will for ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

Those who have studied Lincoln claim that his views evolved. Did they? The Second Confiscation Act in 1862 had provisions for the colonization of blacks who chose to leave. Both Dr. Henry Louis Gates and the 1619 Project have written about a meeting between blacks and Lincoln whereby he made insulting comments to them, blamed blacks for the Civil War, and demanded they accept his plan to resettle blacks outside of America. According to both sources, on Aug. 14, 1862, Lincoln met with black representatives at the White House to try getting blacks to accept getting shipped out of the country. They refused.

Arthur Zilversmit, Lincoln and the Problem of Race: A Decade of Interpretations, Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association, Volume 2, Issue 1, 1980, pp. 22-45, U-M Library Digital Collections j/jala/2629860.0002.104?view=text;rgn=main

Henry Louis Gates Jr., Did Lincoln Want to Ship Black People Back to Africa? https://www.theroot.com/did-lincoln-want-to-ship-black people-back-to-africa-1790858389

End of Pt.1

History? The KKKocrats never stopped being racist

You ain't black!

Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids

In the 1857 case Dred Scott v. Sandford, the court ruled that slaves aren’t citizens, they’re property. The seven justices who voted in favor of slavery were all Democrats. The two justices who dissented were Republicans.
In the 1895 case Plessy v. Ferguson there were seven justices ruling in favor of Apartheid, 4 out of the 7 were Republican.

Once Abraham Lincoln was elected, Southern states started leaving. Between Lincoln’s victory and his inauguration, seven states seceded. They knew his opposition to slavery could mean the end of the practice.

As the country began splitting up, a great panic started consuming the outgoing Buchanan administration and members of congress. They wanted to keep the union together. They did not want the south to leave. They did not want war. President Buchanan declared secession was a constitutional crisis and then asked Congress to develop a plan to keep the south in the union. He wanted Congress to assure the southern states that slavery would be protected once Lincoln took office. Congress offered over fifty different proposals trying to keep the union together. In the end, congress settled for a proposal by Republican Thomas Corwin. It is called the Corwin Amendment, or more accurately, the slavery amendment.

“No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State.”

The terms “domestic service” and “persons held to service” meant slaves. Just as the constitution used “all other persons” as a substitute for slaves because the so-called founders didn’t want people to see they protected slavery, Corwin used the same technique in the wording of his amendment. The Corwin Amendment was proposed in 1861. It passed both houses of Congress and was then signed by President Buchanan on his way out of office. When Lincoln took over, he supported the Amendment.

“I understand a proposed amendment to the Constitution—which amendment, however, I have not seen—has passed Congress, to the effect that the Federal Government shall never interfere with the domestic institutions of the States, including that of persons held to service ... holding such a provision to now be implied constitutional law, I have no objection to its being made express and irrevocable.”

Corwin felt that congress did not have the power to interfere with slavery in the states where slavery existed. Lincoln agreed, and that was the actual Republican Party policy. It is probably why Lincoln said:

“My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the union without freeing any slaves I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.”

During the Civil War, his main goal was to keep the union together. By any means necessary. If that meant keeping slavery, so be it. So the story of republicans freeing the slaves and the democratic party being the party of slavery is not really an honest depiction.

As it appeared that the south would lose, the attempt to ratify the amendment was withdrawn from consideration by states due to a senate resolution, ending the effort to ratify The Corwin Amendment. Had the south accepted the terms of The Corwin Amendment, it would have become the thirteenth amendment. Due to the Republican Party, America came very close to overtly making slavery a constitutionally protected practice that could only have been repealed by passage of a new amendment with votes by two-thirds of both houses of Congress, then ratified by three-fourths of the states. That has only happened once in American history-the repeal of prohibition.

Point number one: Republicans authored an amendment to officially make slavery a constitutionally protected activity. The Republican Party is the party of The Corwin Amendment that would have cemented slavery as a constitutional right.

The Corwin Amendment, The Able Doctor, or America Swallowing the Bitter Draught - The Heritage Post corwin-amendment/

Robert Longley, The Corwin Amendment, Enslavement, and Abraham Lincoln, Updated July 24, 2019, How the Corwin Amendment of 1861 Would Have Protected Enslavement

In the 1895 case Plessy v. Ferguson there were seven justices ruling in favor of Apartheid, 4 out of the 7 were Republican.

FDR appointed a genuine Klansman to SCOTUS! A KKK guy!

LBJ said of Thurgood Marshall “Son, when I appoint a ****** to the bench, I want everybody to know he’s a ******."

Robert Byrd was a KKK Grand Kleagle and democrat "conscience of the Senate"

FDR appointed a genuine Klansman to SCOTUS! A KKK guy!

LBJ said of Thurgood Marshall “Son, when I appoint a ****** to the bench, I want everybody to know he’s a ******."

Robert Byrd was a KKK Grand Kleagle and democrat "conscience of the Senate"
So what? Republicans were no better.

Once Abraham Lincoln was elected, Southern states started leaving. Between Lincoln’s victory and his inauguration, seven states seceded. They knew his opposition to slavery could mean the end of the practice.

As the country began splitting up, a great panic started consuming the outgoing Buchanan administration and members of congress. They wanted to keep the union together. They did not want the south to leave. They did not want war. President Buchanan declared secession was a constitutional crisis and then asked Congress to develop a plan to keep the south in the union. He wanted Congress to assure the southern states that slavery would be protected once Lincoln took office. Congress offered over fifty different proposals trying to keep the union together. In the end, congress settled for a proposal by Republican Thomas Corwin. It is called the Corwin Amendment, or more accurately, the slavery amendment.

“No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State.”

The terms “domestic service” and “persons held to service” meant slaves. Just as the constitution used “all other persons” as a substitute for slaves because the so-called founders didn’t want people to see they protected slavery, Corwin used the same technique in the wording of his amendment. The Corwin Amendment was proposed in 1861. It passed both houses of Congress and was then signed by President Buchanan on his way out of office. When Lincoln took over, he supported the Amendment.

“I understand a proposed amendment to the Constitution—which amendment, however, I have not seen—has passed Congress, to the effect that the Federal Government shall never interfere with the domestic institutions of the States, including that of persons held to service ... holding such a provision to now be implied constitutional law, I have no objection to its being made express and irrevocable.”

Corwin felt that congress did not have the power to interfere with slavery in the states where slavery existed. Lincoln agreed, and that was the actual Republican Party policy. It is probably why Lincoln said:

“My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the union without freeing any slaves I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.”

During the Civil War, his main goal was to keep the union together. By any means necessary. If that meant keeping slavery, so be it. So the story of republicans freeing the slaves and the democratic party being the party of slavery is not really an honest depiction.

As it appeared that the south would lose, the attempt to ratify the amendment was withdrawn from consideration by states due to a senate resolution, ending the effort to ratify The Corwin Amendment. Had the south accepted the terms of The Corwin Amendment, it would have become the thirteenth amendment. Due to the Republican Party, America came very close to overtly making slavery a constitutionally protected practice that could only have been repealed by passage of a new amendment with votes by two-thirds of both houses of Congress, then ratified by three-fourths of the states. That has only happened once in American history-the repeal of prohibition.

Point number one: Republicans authored an amendment to officially make slavery a constitutionally protected activity. The Republican Party is the party of The Corwin Amendment that would have cemented slavery as a constitutional right.

The Corwin Amendment, The Able Doctor, or America Swallowing the Bitter Draught - The Heritage Post corwin-amendment/

Robert Longley, The Corwin Amendment, Enslavement, and Abraham Lincoln, Updated July 24, 2019, How the Corwin Amendment of 1861 Would Have Protected Enslavement

The 5th Amendment already guaranteed property rights

He doesn’t know shit. Just a racist firmly in the race grifter clan.

Reminds me of when our twin daughters use to debate while they were in high school.

Teams from the inner city schools were woefully ignorant

Let me rephrase that, they were woefully uneducated. I'm sure many of them were bright individuals... just unprepared and facts flabbergasted them

Last edited:
Reminds me of when our twin daughters use to debate while they were in high school.

Teams from the inner city schools were woefully ignorant

Let me rephrase that, they were woefully uneducated. I'm sure many of them were bright individuals... just unprepared and facts flabbergasted them
Blacks today are extremely racist, and stupid. Entirely caused by their white left wing teachers. They can’t debate facts as evidenced by the OP. They haven’t actually learned history or anything relevant to their cause. Everything they are for is based on getting something because they are owed by skin pigment. No actual harm done, no real set backs in their fatherless lives. It’s just the white people owe them. It’s the most racist thing we’ve seen from democrats since the KKK.

Forum List

Back