Republicans Just Lost the Alaska House Seat

No. In the actual real world, this outcome was a consequence of ranked choice voting.

Please stop with the smut.

RCV also set the table for Democrats to decide the winner between the two Republican Senate candidates.

I don't recall Susan Collins having any problems winning with RCV, but keep making excuses.

I don't recall Susan Collins having any problems winning with RCV, but keep making excuses.

Susan Collins is one of the most liberal "Republicans'' in office.

You just proved my point.

In fact, I think the New York Times had once ranked her as the most liberal ''Republican.''

Susan Collins is one of the most liberal "Republicans'' in office.

You just proved my point.

In fact, I think the New York Times had once ranked her as the most liberal ''Republican.''
Her “concerns” sound liberal. Her votes ( which are all that matters ) are party line Republican

Her “concerns” sound liberal. Her votes ( which are all that matters ) are party line Republican

If you want to talk about voting records in a meaningful, relevant way, study and compare her record with the voting records of people like Thomas Massie. Rand Paul. Justin Amash. People like that.

Most modern "Republicans'' at that level of politics aren't very much different than a Democrat when it comes to meaningful policy, so to try to compare her record with the records of cookie-cutter Republicans rather than actual statesmen who actually do vote conservatively is redundant at best. The cookie-cutter Republicans you're comparing her record with are basically on the same team as the cookie-cutter Democrats when it comes to meaningful legislation.

The only real differences between them are the stupid social issues that really only serve as fodder for the dumbed down masses to have so they can pretend they're different in some trivial way, on the tweeter or whatever.

Today's so-called ''moderates'' like Collins are content to pass pretty much any old anti-liberty legistlation coming out of either theoretical side of the party-of-one.

Collins victory was pretty much a product of Democrat voters who aren't really interested in a real Republican.

She's someone who is more likely to move their agenda forward.

Last edited:
Authoritarians love them some ranked choice voting.
What utter crap! The reason Alaska adopted RCV (by referendum after much debate) and defended it against attacks from the professional party authoritarians is because there are so many libertarian-leaning Independents living there. Ranked Choice Voting is a great non-partisan “Good Government” electoral reform!

The knee-jerk opposition of many supposedly “anti-Establishment” MAGA Republicans to the good government election reform movement for Ranked Choice voting shows how locked into the status quo Two-Party hustle they still are. There are many excellent reasons to adopt what is also called “Instant Runoff” elections, which I have outlined in depth elsewhere and can be found at https://fairvote.org/alaskas-ranked-choice-voting-winners-earn-strong-mandates-and-reflect-the-states-political-diversity/

The Alaska Ranked Choice Voting “Instant Runoff” election, to take a single example, was a great success. It was tallied carefully and slowly to assure there were no possible challenges in that mostly Republican state. Note the “runoff” in Georgia has not even occurred yet, will waste hundreds of millions, and who knows when the final count will be in. Eventually the Instant Runoff RC system can become both faster and more democratic than any other.

Ranked Choice voting of course, like any new system, requires careful implementation. In Alaska there were several other changes (like “open primaries”) that have made its introduction a bit more complex and confusing. I prefer “closed party primaries” myself. But Alaskans seem happy with RC and have rejected many challenges — including referendum challenges — thrown up by corrupt professional party interests.

Why do you solidarize with the corrupt partisan “two-party” professionals? Why are you against this progressive and democratic reform?

Last edited:
Palin learned what Alaskans really think of her antics
Murkowski learned what happens when you put the interests of your state over your party

Democrats never put the interests of their state over their party or the interests of their families over their party or anything else over their party

Forum List

Back