Republicans, here's your chance.

No but he has in others. This is about what those who don't support what Mac1958 supports would do. So far we pretty much have nothing.
We are not somewhere else

We are on this thread that Mac1958 started

And he has nothing

Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security will never be cut.

Why would Republicans want to cut the Department of Energy?

How will that overwhelm Biden when the lame stream media refuses to cover it, like they do so many examples of Biden's incompetence.
So you're not looking at cutting spending?

But you can understand how it rings a bit hollow for you to attack someone for name calling, right?

No, I can't. I didn't justify Trump's name calling and I won't justify Democrats for doing the same. Lets look at policy. Democrats can not win a policy debate. They use childish antics or offer feel-good, non-pragmatic solutions. When backed into a corner they revert to the tried and true fall back of racism. It is all too predictable and frankly exhausting.

We are not somewhere else

We are on this thread that Mac1958 started

And he has nothing
Unlike you, I want an accurate understanding of those who don't think like I do, so I asked a reasonable question in a civil manner.

Again: Start another thread on your topic, and stop trying to derail mine.

Don't you have the balls to do that? Or would you rather just whine?

Isn’t it absurd to be talking about tax cuts when big corporations and the ultra wealthy currently pay so little in taxes? The CARES ACT gave huge tax cuts to the wealthy, why repeat it?

Joe will do exactly like Don and continue this policy of not taxing big corporations.

How the CARES Act Creates Zero-Tax Corporations​

Besides the standard array of tax breaks described above, the 2020 data introduce a new factor driving down corporate tax bills: the CARES Act, ostensibly designed to help people and businesses to stay afloat during the pandemic. Some companies used a CARES Act provision to “carry back” 2018 or 2019 losses to offset profits they reported in prior years, resulting in a rebate that reduced their 2020 taxes, in some cases to less than nothing.

Tax law previously allowed companies to carry back losses to offset profits in two prior years. The TCJA bars companies from doing this (although it still allows companies to carry losses forward to offset profits in future years). However, the CARES Act temporarily restored companies’ ability to carry back losses and, incredibly, is more generous than the pre-TCJA rules.

The CARES Act loosened rules for the treatment of losses not just in 2020, but also retroactively for losses reported in 2018 and 2019, which have nothing to do with the pandemic. Even worse, it allows corporations to carry back losses as far as five years. This means losses incurred in 2018, 2019, and 2020 can offset income taxed at the higher 35 percent tax rate in effect before 2018. Taxing profits at one rate while allowing losses to produce savings at a higher rate is an invitation for companies to play games, moving profits and losses around from one year to another on paper to reduce their tax bills.
55 Corporations Paid $0 in Federal Taxes on 2020 Profits
Corporations do not pay tax! You and everyone else does when they purchase their goods or services. I guess you fell off your picket fence on to the liberal side with that idea.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
How can one support something other than the two parties and not even know who else there was to support?

It was a joke. Big L's never amount to anything. Its the little l's that make a difference. Jo is a big L without a clue.

No, I can't. I didn't justify Trump's name calling and I won't justify Democrats for doing the same. Lets look at policy. Democrats can not win a policy debate. They use childish antics or offer feel-good, non-pragmatic solutions. When backed into a corner they revert to the tried and true fall back of racism. It is all too predictable and frankly exhausting.

You are wrong. Democrats win most policy debates. Heck even Trump backed them on the stimulus package.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
You are going to have to do better than vast generalizations. I agree we do not write policy here and no one should expect a policy paper but vast generalizations don't cut it either.

What Trump did was increase the debt $8 trillion dollars. You are wanting to double down on that? Because that is what Trump did.
Heck no. The problem comes with... in order to cut the debt, there needs to be spending to pay off the debt. That is what this current admin is working on if what they are saying is true.

I didn't justify Trump's name calling and I won't justify Democrats for doing the same.

But did you call him out for it like you do the Dems? That is the point here.

OK
Let’s debate some policy

Name one

I am a working American and had few complaints under Trump. The complaints are quickly mounting under Biden.

I cannot say that I have noticed a bit of difference in my life after Jan 20th.

It was a joke. Big L's never amount to anything. Its the little l's that make a difference. Jo is a big L without a clue.

She was better than the other two options. You can argue if you wish for another option but unless that's there you either stay home or vote for the best option.

Democrats tax and spend
Republicans cut taxes and spend the same amount

There is a balance for sure, but we don't agree on that balance. Democrats are of the mindset that some people just have too much money and they should give a large portion of it back. The current tax rate is high enough IMO.

Forum List

Back