Republicans, here's your chance.

Democrats tax and spend
Republicans cut taxes and spend the same amount
They're acting as if challenging them to demonstrate their specific ideas on fiscal responsibility is some kind of personal attack.

So now I wonder if they actually have any specific ideas, or just spouting platitudes all this time.

They're acting as if challenging them to demonstrate their specific ideas on fiscal responsibility is some kind of personal attack.

So now I wonder if they actually have any specific ideas, or just spouting platitudes all this time.
You are baiting them but they just won’t admit that they think working Americans and poor people have it too good

I'm being quite specific and perfectly reasonable. You guys just don't like being held responsible for your words, so you're attacking. Par for the course.
All you have said so far is what the republicans must do

What are you for?

Whats your plan?

Do you want to cut spending including social security and medicare?

The Cornerstone of Supply Side Economics

Cut taxes on the wealthy and watch the wealth trickle down in jobs and higher pay.

Only problem is the wealthy just kept the extra money

But they don't. The wealthy do get richer but also invest. The poor get richer as well. The problem is the left are envious and can't stand the thought of the rich getting even richer despite the fact that they themselves are benefitting as well. What they want is to take the money from the evil rich and give it to the poor. In their minds, that is more equitable.

I'm 19, haven't had my coffee yet, and am working on several writing projects. No, I don't have a fucking plan to pull out of my ass right now.

Like I said before, I'm not exactly sure how it would work, I'm not a politician or an economist. However what we are doing now sucks ass. Go back to the Trump version of Tax Cuts and double down on it. Cut taxes across the board for low income, middle class and businesses. Cut welfare drastically, and provide incentives for people to work at a job, like further tax cut credits or something like that.

You are going to have to do better than vast generalizations. I agree we do not write policy here and no one should expect a policy paper but vast generalizations don't cut it either.

What Trump did was increase the debt $8 trillion dollars. You are wanting to double down on that? Because that is what Trump did.

I gave you a specific plan in post #39 that you and the other libs failed to respond to

So why are so many people supporting one or the other?

They have been programed that way. Back in the 90s a 3rd party candidate came closer to crashing the party than anyone thought possible, and since then the duopoly has done everything in their power to get the two sides to fight and hate each other. Now here we are 30 years later and the partisans would vote for a cat over someone from the other party.

All the while the elected officials pretend to hate each other in true WWE fashion.

That started decades ago. Foreign cars were mandated to not be more then 10% of the market at one time. The two oil crisis in the 1970's damaged the domestic auto industry. We made larger cars and were not good at the smaller ones. Detroit failed at that. Adding computers to the antiquated engine/drivetrains made it worse as also the catalytic converters reeked havoc. The government then raise the 10% threshold out of necessity. Asian vehicles were of better quality. And they have never looked behind since then. Patriots kept buying American cars. Many who did not were Progs at the time. Even today, patriots purchase Americna trucks. Domestic auto companies are now getting out of the passenger car market and relying on truck, crossovers, vans and minivans.

It has been going on for a long time but saying that does nothing to address the issue.

Not to change the subject, but a Trump follower calling out someone for using cute little nicknames is the ultimate in irony.

I have admitted that I didn't like some of Trump's antics nor his personality, but I am an adult who can ignore those things in lieu of sound policy decisions. Much of the left aren't so pragmatic.

I have admitted that I didn't like some of Trump's antics nor his personality, but I am an adult who can ignore those things in lieu of sound policy decisions. Much of the left aren't so pragmatic.

But you can understand how it rings a bit hollow for you to attack someone for name calling, right?

You are baiting them but they just won’t admit that they think working Americans and poor people have it too good

I am a working American and had few complaints under Trump. The complaints are quickly mounting under Biden.

There's a lot of complaining going on about this spending and taxing program the Democrats are trying to get done. Nothing wrong with that. A strong debate about taxing and spending levels is an important conversation, even if all we seem to do is spend more regardless of the party in power.

So, Republicans, if you're convinced that the country wants lower taxes and lower spending, it seems to me that the 2022 election process is your chance to prove it. But there's just one thing you need to do, to be The Party of Fiscal Responsibility: Cut spending first, then cut taxes.

So here's how the 2022 campaigns would go: GOP candidates from coast to coast would run on first cutting Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Welfare, several departments like the DOE, and then cutting taxes. Be honest with the American people. Be specific on what you would cut, by how much, and how it would affect everyday Americans.

If you win on that platform, you'll know that you have the ideas that America wants. You'll be able to overwhelm Biden with public opinion until you get the White House back in 2024. Then you'll truly be The Party of Fiscal Responsibility.

Agreed?

Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security will never be cut.

Why would Republicans want to cut the Department of Energy?

How will that overwhelm Biden when the lame stream media refuses to cover it, like they do so many examples of Biden's incompetence.

But they don't. The wealthy do get richer but also invest. The poor get richer as well. The problem is the left are envious and can't stand the thought of the rich getting even richer despite the fact that they themselves are benefitting as well. What they want is to take the money from the evil rich and give it to the poor. In their minds, that is more equitable.

10 for you, 1 for me. No that is not a decent system.

Forum List

Back