Republicans.... DeSantis or Trump?

DeSantis or Trump... as of right now.

• Total voters
I'm not a Republican, but that would be an easy choice: DeSantis. Trump will get annihilated. and Gavin Newsom will become president.

I am essentially a libertarian, but certainly more aligned with Pubs than Dems.

I would like Trump to run with a strong conservative female of color as VP.

Then DeSantis in 2028.

Who would you like as VP???

I haven't come across any American oriented, pro-American citizen women of color lately.

If you have some choices, I'd love to research them for myself.

Who would you like as VP???

I haven't come across any American oriented, pro-American citizen women of color lately.

If you have some choices, I'd love to research them for myself.

I was thinking Nikki Haley previously, but not sure now. Havent given it much thought.

I will vote for neither but Trump is mentally unstable.

Trump mocked him as “Ron DeSanctimonious” in a rally speech Saturday in Pennsylvania, where the former president touted poll numbers — but did not provide the source of the figures —

Trump Comes Up With Mocking Nickname For Gov. Ron DeSantis

There is something wrong in the head with someone that feels they must do this with anyone they disagree with in any way.

From what you know now, and what you believe is the right person for 2024.
I am making the poll visible to keep people who are not going to vote for either one from skewing the percentages.

If it comes down to bringing the Repbulican party back to sanity, then DeSantis is a better choice. He would still do the same dumb policies Trump does, but he is more grounded in reality.

Of course, if he edges Trump out for the nomination, Trump will do everything in his power to undermine him, and Biden or Newsome would win.

You are going to get Nikki Haley wither you want her or not.

I can't see Trump picking Haley at this point. She's burned too many bridges with his ego.

I am essentially a libertarian, but certainly more aligned with Pubs than Dems.

I would like Trump to run with a strong conservative female of color as VP.

Then DeSantis in 2028.
Running Trump in 2024 would be a mistake.

It's not what you (or I) want.

It's a matter of who can win.

Trump can no longer win.

Not after January 6, 2021.

You need...

1. every Republican vote you can muster

2. every independent vote you can muster

3. every Reagan Democrat vote you can muster

You will get very little of (2) or (3) if you run Trump again.

And you cannot win without the lion's share of (2) and (3).

Simple mathematics.

Snap out of it.

The Trump agenda is fine and he can be a cheerleader and king-maker if you like but he can no longer be your standard bearer after January 6, 2021.

Right Message... Wrong Messenger.

It's time for you to move on... preserving the best ideas from the Trump Era and playing those forward... but leaving him in the rear view mirror... it's time.

DeSantis CAN win... and he has considerable experience in governing already... it's his time... if you (collectively) are smart enough to recognize it.

And... bottom line... it's all about who CAN win... not whom you WANT to win...

Will you (collectively) be coldly calculating and pragmatic and practical, and face Reality, or will you wallow in emotionalism, like you accuse the Democrats of doing?

Last edited:
Like Hillary, Trump now has too much baggage to run.

Trump did the job we needed done, he took a wrecking ball to the RIGGED corrupt Washington establishment and let the whole world see how corrupt that town is. Trump wrecked the so called News media exposing them for the liars that they are, while proving their threats of retaliation are laughable. Trump called out these clowns in both the Rep and Dem leadership. Trump, your job is done. Now that you have caved in the fortress wall it's time for someone like Desantis.

Sadly, we have. When she complained, "Them other black people sure be murderous, boss", she lost all credibility.
"We" have?

I had no idea she had ever visited that little yellow bus you ride to your special school each morning.

Forum List

Back