Republicans are mostly to blame for our debt

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.
If you mean GWB. I agree.
We also just experienced it with Trump. Last year, pre pandemic our deficit was almost a trillion. Deficits increased every year under trump. But he gave tax cuts so people didn't care.
Yes and under Obama too but GW started it with his stupid Middle East crusade.
Well deficits certainly increased with Obama, but you will see they gradually declined. Had he cut taxes there would have been no decline. We can grow out of our debt, but only if we don't cut taxes.
BArry's last 3 deficits were growing, liar.
I notice you never back up all your lies. You just spew stupidity. Bravo.
Tax cuts didn’t reduce revenues. Not lies.
They reduced the revenue growth rate. Revenue growth was one of the weakest in history. And it should have been strong given the economy.
I disagree. I would Agree if the Govt spent tax revenue wisely but in my view they have proven over and over again that they do not
What do you disagree with? Revenue growth was one of the lowest in history.
Revenue was not. Show proof that higher revenue would result from higher taxes. I do not agree with that.
That's not the point I'm making at all. In trumps case revenue was clearly hurt, but that's not the real damage. The tea party moaned and groaned about deficits until they got a tax cut. Tax payers only care about debt if they get tax increases. As long as the republican party gives out irresponsible tax cuts the debt will increase. And like the USSR we will fall fiscally, not militarily.
Spending is the issue not revenue. We have discussed this like 100x
Ok, you clearly aren't following. Yes spending is the problem. And tax cuts fuel spending increases. Tax payers are happy with tax cuts. Increase taxes and suddenly people care about the debt and spending. Give a tax cut and trump can increase spending all he wants, it's just going on the credit card.
And tax cuts fuel spending increases.

:cuckoo: :itsok::iyfyus.jpg::cuckoo::itsok::laughing0301:
When have tax cuts and increased spending not gone hand and hand? They sure did with Reagain, Bush, and Trump....
Show me the year where we had tax increases and spending cuts........................

This will be fun.

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.
We also just experienced it with Trump. Last year, pre pandemic our deficit was almost a trillion. Deficits increased every year under trump. But he gave tax cuts so people didn't care.
Well deficits certainly increased with Obama, but you will see they gradually declined. Had he cut taxes there would have been no decline. We can grow out of our debt, but only if we don't cut taxes.
They reduced the revenue growth rate. Revenue growth was one of the weakest in history. And it should have been strong given the economy.
I disagree. I would Agree if the Govt spent tax revenue wisely but in my view they have proven over and over again that they do not
Revenue was not. Show proof that higher revenue would result from higher taxes. I do not agree with that.
That's not the point I'm making at all. In trumps case revenue was clearly hurt, but that's not the real damage. The tea party moaned and groaned about deficits until they got a tax cut. Tax payers only care about debt if they get tax increases. As long as the republican party gives out irresponsible tax cuts the debt will increase. And like the USSR we will fall fiscally, not militarily.
Ok, you clearly aren't following. Yes spending is the problem. And tax cuts fuel spending increases. Tax payers are happy with tax cuts. Increase taxes and suddenly people care about the debt and spending. Give a tax cut and trump can increase spending all he wants, it's just going on the credit card.
They are mutually exclusive. I disagree with you.
But they aren't. Just increasing spending is unpopular. Now add tax cuts and suddenly everything is fine. You really think trump would have had support for just his huge spending increases?

When have tax cuts and increased spending not gone hand and hand? They sure did with Reagain, Bush, and Trump....
Show me the year where we had tax increases and spending cuts........................

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

Itmay have happened under Clinton. But we don't need both. If repubs would stop cutting taxes we could grow out of our debt.

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

Itmay have happened under Clinton. But we don't need both. If repubs would stop cutting taxes we could grow out of our debt.

I accept your admission you can’t show us any year where tax increases coincided with spending cuts.

You lose again, Brainless.

Remember all those tea party goons screaming about deficits? Then we got trump and he further increased deficits, but the tea party disappeared. Trump gave tax cuts. Tax cuts fuel debt. Nobody cares about the debt when they are getting tax cuts.

The first Bush increased taxes and then we took the debt seriously....
the Tea Party disappeared after Obama left office.
And so did all the fury over deficits thanks to the tax cuts. You know what I'm saying is true.

Like I said Republicans only care about debt when a Democrat is in office and vice versa.
But both care when taxes go up. Happened after the Bush tax increases.

but they really don't.

HAven't you learned anything yet?

Obama increased taxes, Bush 1 increased taxes, Reagan increased taxes, Clinton increased taxes and yet every single on of those presidents added to the debt.

and no one really cared
Oh Obama increased taxes now? You were claiming he did a tax cut before. You seem really confused. Reagan did lots of cuts. Clinton drastically decreased deficits.
yes he did.

he raised some taxes and added some new ones or are you saying he didn't?

What a picky ass list.

Funding the ACA? OMG OMG OMG. Making those that will benefit to help cover the cost. How horrible is that. No longer allowing higher up execs from sing healthcare plans as a way to escape taxable income. Even more horrible.

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

I accept your admission you can’t show us any year where tax increases coincided with spending cuts.

I've never claimed it has.... You are amazingly dumb...

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

You have proved you can't respond to anything. Here's one last time before I ignore you. Trump said the tax cuts would pay for themselves and promised to cut deficits. Why did his policy fail so miserably?

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

You claimed tax cuts always result in spending increases, Brainfart.

Unless you can show us where tax increases result in spending cuts your thesis is bullshit.

Or are you ready to admit tax cuts have nothing to do with spending?

Watch this moronic attempt to dodge.....

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

You have proved you can't respond to anything. Here's one last time before I ignore you. Trump said the tax cuts would pay for themselves and promised to cut deficits. Why did his policy fail so miserably?
Tax cuts don’t need to “pay for themselves”. That assumes all money belongs to the govt, Stupid.

Deficits went up because spending rose more than the amount revenues rose, Halfwit.

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

Unless you can show us where tax increases result in spending cuts your thesis is bullshit.

Yes tax cuts always result in spending increases. So far you can't give a single example where they didn't. I'm not claiming tax increases always result in cuts. I'll wait till you give an example of tax cuts that didn't result in spending increases. Till then your BS will be ignored, you are a joke and probably a russian troll.

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

Tax cuts don’t need to “pay for themselves”. That assumes all money belongs to the govt, Stupid.

Deficits went up because spending rose more than the amount revenues rose, Halfwit.
Spending rose with tax cuts? Thank you. That's what I have been saying.

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

Yes tax cuts always result in spending increases. So far you can't give a single example where they didn't. I'm not claiming tax increases always result in cuts. I'll wait till you give an example of tax cuts that didn't result in spending increases. Till then your BS will be ignored, you are a joke and probably a russian troll.
Yep. I was right.....nothing but a moronic attempt to dodge.

Go back to third grade and learn what revenues and spending is. One isn’t dependent on the other.

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

If your IQ dropped 2 points it would be in the negative.

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

Go back to third grade and learn what revenues and spending is. One isn’t dependent on the other.
It is politically. But you are too stupid to get it. haha

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

Says the guy who voted for trump. haha You really think anyone takes you seriously? You are a joke.

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

It is politically. But you are too stupid to get it. haha
No, it’s math.

one refers to money coming in, one refers to money going out.

If your IQ dropped 2 points you would be in the negative.

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

Says the guy who voted for trump. haha You really think anyone takes you seriously? You are a joke.
I take Nostra very seriously.

Remember all those tea party goons screaming about deficits? Then we got trump and he further increased deficits, but the tea party disappeared. Trump gave tax cuts. Tax cuts fuel debt. Nobody cares about the debt when they are getting tax cuts.

The first Bush increased taxes and then we took the debt seriously....
the Tea Party disappeared after Obama left office.
And so did all the fury over deficits thanks to the tax cuts. You know what I'm saying is true.

Like I said Republicans only care about debt when a Democrat is in office and vice versa.
But both care when taxes go up. Happened after the Bush tax increases.

but they really don't.

HAven't you learned anything yet?

Obama increased taxes, Bush 1 increased taxes, Reagan increased taxes, Clinton increased taxes and yet every single on of those presidents added to the debt.

and no one really cared
Oh Obama increased taxes now? You were claiming he did a tax cut before. You seem really confused. Reagan did lots of cuts. Clinton drastically decreased deficits.
yes he did.

he raised some taxes and added some new ones or are you saying he didn't?

What a picky ass list.

Funding the ACA? OMG OMG OMG. Making those that will benefit to help cover the cost. How horrible is that. No longer allowing higher up execs from sing healthcare plans as a way to escape taxable income. Even more horrible.
I was merely proving that Obama raised taxes and it did not result in people caring about the debt you fucking idiot.

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

This will be fun.
All you do is dodge...

Give me a year that spending decreased.

This only requires a 4 digit number response......but you will dodge again because you know you are full of shit.

GO!

Forum List

Back