Republicans are mostly to blame for our debt

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.
If you mean GWB. I agree.
We also just experienced it with Trump. Last year, pre pandemic our deficit was almost a trillion. Deficits increased every year under trump. But he gave tax cuts so people didn't care.
Yes and under Obama too but GW started it with his stupid Middle East crusade.
Well deficits certainly increased with Obama, but you will see they gradually declined. Had he cut taxes there would have been no decline. We can grow out of our debt, but only if we don't cut taxes.
BArry's last 3 deficits were growing, liar.
I notice you never back up all your lies. You just spew stupidity. Bravo.
Tax cuts didn’t reduce revenues. Not lies.
They reduced the revenue growth rate. Revenue growth was one of the weakest in history. And it should have been strong given the economy.
I disagree. I would Agree if the Govt spent tax revenue wisely but in my view they have proven over and over again that they do not
What do you disagree with? Revenue growth was one of the lowest in history.
Revenue was not. Show proof that higher revenue would result from higher taxes. I do not agree with that.

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.

This fucking "brain", please change your avatar.

In the real world we have this COVID thang', ever heard of it? Who is passing the trillions of dollars in waste built out of Democrat controlled house?

Who is more likely to shut every down, Democrats or Republicans?

Be a hoot if PROGS took govt. classes, perhaps some logic too, though I don't suppose it will click anyhow. Here's your college degree, now run off and fuck shit up.
I've been discussing numbers pre covid. Pay attention. Last year with all of trumps policies in place GDP growth declined and we ran a trillion dollar deficit. Pre covid.

Say PROG,see if you can make out the progressive connection:

Clinton didn't add much, thanks to China and Internet reducing the standard of living PROGS complain about.

Approx. 5 Trillion debt on Bush Jrs. watch. GDP was up & down, the last quarter PLUS 2.5%

Approx. 10 Trillion debt on Obummer's watch. GDP unremarkable.

Another probably 4 Trillion debt on Trump's watch, prior to COVID & strong GDP throughout. As a matter of fact debt to GDP favors Trump. We had entered an improvement.

Take a Govt. class, and the Democicrats controlled the house last two years.

Say PROGS, you like to complain about debt and low paying jobs right?

Well assholes it's the party you support, you see China & internet was built on Clinton's watch, and until Trump, the guy you fear everyone Clinton to O'bummer failed to tax internet purchases knowing full well that would fuck over small business & social structure, and to introduce low wages in favor of people like Gates & Bezos who are PROGS themselves, never mind China.

You supported just that with your appointment of a puppet POTUS with dementia who is "going to heal our foreign wounds" that came way of Trump who happened to be America first cutting out your bullshit.

This is who you are. So while you guys complain about standard of living & debt, be sure to look no further than yourselves. How many times do you need to be reminded Ca. is your flagship State, and it's in a state of hell now. Was red, then came Clinton, internet, 24/7 misinformation & China - good job fuckers.

We also just experienced it with Trump. Last year, pre pandemic our deficit was almost a trillion. Deficits increased every year under trump. But he gave tax cuts so people didn't care.
Well deficits certainly increased with Obama, but you will see they gradually declined. Had he cut taxes there would have been no decline. We can grow out of our debt, but only if we don't cut taxes.
They reduced the revenue growth rate. Revenue growth was one of the weakest in history. And it should have been strong given the economy.
I disagree. I would Agree if the Govt spent tax revenue wisely but in my view they have proven over and over again that they do not
Revenue was not. Show proof that higher revenue would result from higher taxes. I do not agree with that.
That's not the point I'm making at all. In trumps case revenue was clearly hurt, but that's not the real damage. The tea party moaned and groaned about deficits until they got a tax cut. Tax payers only care about debt if they get tax increases. As long as the republican party gives out irresponsible tax cuts the debt will increase. And like the USSR we will fall fiscally, not militarily.

In the real world we have this COVID thang', ever heard of it? Who is passing the trillions of dollars in waste built out of Democrat controlled house?

Be a hoot if PROGS took govt. classes, perhaps some logic too, though I don't suppose it will click anyhow. Here's your college degree, now run off and fuck shit up.
I've been discussing numbers pre covid. Pay attention. Last year with all of trumps policies in place GDP growth declined and we ran a trillion dollar deficit. Pre covid.

Clinton didn't add much, thanks to China and Internet reducing the standard of living PROGS complain about.

Approx. 5 Trillion debt on Bush Jrs. watch. GDP was up & down, the last quarter PLUS 2.5%

Another probably 4 Trillion debt on Trump's watch, prior to COVID & strong GDP throughout. As a matter of fact debt to GDP favors Trump. We had entered an improvement.

Trump couldn't hit 3% gdp growth, by his own words that is weak. He made fun of Obama for the same weak numbers. Deficits should go down during a strong economy, instead they went up. Obama inherited a disaster and then deficits declined. Trump inherited a strong economy and deficits increased every year. He will be way above 4 trillion btw. Pre covid he had us at a trillion and last year will be well over 3.

That's not the point I'm making at all. In trumps case revenue was clearly hurt, but that's not the real damage. The tea party moaned and groaned about deficits until they got a tax cut. Tax payers only care about debt if they get tax increases. As long as the republican party gives out irresponsible tax cuts the debt will increase. And like the USSR we will fall fiscally, not militarily.
Spending is the issue not revenue. We have discussed this like 100x

Say PROGS, you like to complain about debt and low paying jobs right?

Well assholes it's the party you support, you see China & internet was built on Clinton's watch, and until Trump, the guy you fear everyone Clinton to O'bummer failed to tax internet purchases knowing full well that would fuck over small business & social structure, and to introduce low wages in favor of people like Gates & Bezos who are PROGS themselves, never mind China.

You supported just that with your appointment of a puppet POTUS with dementia who is "going to heal our foreign wounds" that came way of Trump who happened to be America first cutting out your bullshit.

This is who you are. So while you guys complain about standard of living & debt, be sure to look no further than yourselves. How many times do you need to be reminded Ca. is your flagship State, and it's in a state of hell now. Was red, then came Clinton, internet, 24/7 misinformation & China - good job fuckers.
The job situation is thanks to the republican war on unions. They waged war and made it ok to buy foreign goods because those union workers are all lazy and overpaid.

Trump couldn't hit 3% gdp growth, by his own words that is weak. He made fun of Obama for the same weak numbers. Deficits should go down during a strong economy, instead they went up. Obama inherited a disaster and then deficits declined. Trump inherited a strong economy and deficits increased every year. He will be way above 4 trillion btw. Pre covid he had us at a trillion and last year will be well over 3.
I already exposed your lies about Barry’s deficits going down. They were rising for 3 years at the end, liar

Brainfart sez tax cuts cause more spending. :cuckoo:

Ok, you clearly aren't following. Yes spending is the problem. And tax cuts fuel spending increases. Tax payers are happy with tax cuts. Increase taxes and suddenly people care about the debt and spending. Give a tax cut and trump can increase spending all he wants, it's just going on the credit card.

I already exposed your lies about Barry’s deficits going down. They were rising for 3 years at the end, liar
Yeah you included a year he wasn't even president. haha

Haven't you noticed every time there are tax cuts spending goes up? The tax cuts are the distraction to let politicians spend! Trump drastically increased spending, but nobody cared cause it didn't come out of their pocket. Heck they got a tax cut.

2017 was Barry's last budget, you raving lunatic.

Who signed the 2017 budget, Moron? Barry or Trump.

Now, dodge again....................

Ok, you clearly aren't following. Yes spending is the problem. And tax cuts fuel spending increases. Tax payers are happy with tax cuts. Increase taxes and suddenly people care about the debt and spending. Give a tax cut and trump can increase spending all he wants, it's just going on the credit card.
And tax cuts fuel spending increases.

:cuckoo: :itsok::iyfyus.jpg::cuckoo::itsok::laughing0301:

And tax cuts fuel spending increases.

:cuckoo: :itsok::iyfyus.jpg::cuckoo::itsok::laughing0301:
When have tax cuts and increased spending not gone hand and hand? They sure did with Reagain, Bush, and Trump....

So Trumps lowest deficit was his first year. I guess you want to cut that one out and give him this year to his total. Are you sure about that?

So Trumps lowest deficit was his first year. I guess you want to cut that one out and give him this year to his total. Are you sure about that?
^^^^^Another dodge^^^^^^

People have compassion. They don't want to be taxed enough where it makes their lives just barely sustainable to pay for others. We have legislated out any responsibility for our own actions. And the costs are enormous.

They are mutually exclusive. I disagree with you.

Forum List

Back