Republican States More Dependent on the Federal Government

According to the link, one of the primary reasons states are dependent on the federal government is because of expanding federal programs, and that many states frequently ask the federal government to back off and let them deal with things themselves.

Call me crazy, but it sounds to me like the liberals are creating this monster, just so they can bitch about it later.
Great. Turn down the programs so we blue staters can save some money you leeches. :laugh:

That would be fantastic.

1) Repeal Obamacare
2) Cut Social Security, medicare, food stamps, and all other welfare by 50%.
3) Reduce defense spending by 10%.
4) Eliminate all income taxes on the bottom 95% of people.

And presto! Budgetary surplus.
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE UP THE SHORTFALL on #2?

According to a new analysis.

states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government-blue-vs-red-image.jpg

Click here.

Libs should stick it to the conservative states and shrink government, a lot.

We can start at 50%.

Does anyone have a breakdown of the political affiliation of the people who "depend on the federal government?" There are charts, graphs and polls about everything under the sun so surely there's something showing whether the freeloaders have a political persuasion or not.

Good question....I suspect you know the answer
Take Food Stamps for instance. I can generally find the statistis for all programs at Pew Research

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients
BY RICH MORIN235 COMMENTS

Democrats are about twice as likely as Republicans to have received food stamps at some point in their lives—a participation gap that echoes the deep partisan divide in the U.S. House of Representatives, which on Thursday produced a farm bill that did not include funding for the food stamp program.

FT_13.07.12_FoodStamps_310px.png
Overall, a Pew Research Center surveyconducted late last year found that about one-in-five Americans (18%) has participated in the food stamp program, formally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. About a quarter (26%) lives in a household with a current or former food stamp recipient.

Of these, about one-in-five (22%) of Democrats say they had received food stamps compared with 10% of Republicans. About 17% of political independents say they have received food stamps.

The share of food stamp beneficiaries swells even further when respondents are asked if someone else living in their household had ever received food stamps. According to the survey, about three in ten Democrats (31%) and about half as many Republicans (17%) say they or someone in their household has benefitted from the food stamp program.

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients Pew Research Center

Does anyone have a breakdown of the political affiliation of the people who "depend on the federal government?" There are charts, graphs and polls about everything under the sun so surely there's something showing whether the freeloaders have a political persuasion or not.

Take Food Stamps for instance. I can generally find the statistis for all programs at Pew Research

Democrats are about twice as likely as Republicans to have received food stamps at some point in their lives—a participation gap that echoes the deep partisan divide in the U.S. House of Representatives, which on Thursday produced a farm bill that did not include funding for the food stamp program.

Overall, a Pew Research Center surveyconducted late last year found that about one-in-five Americans (18%) has participated in the food stamp program, formally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. About a quarter (26%) lives in a household with a current or former food stamp recipient.

Of these, about one-in-five (22%) of Democrats say they had received food stamps compared with 10% of Republicans. About 17% of political independents say they have received food stamps.

The share of food stamp beneficiaries swells even further when respondents are asked if someone else living in their household had ever received food stamps. According to the survey, about three in ten Democrats (31%) and about half as many Republicans (17%) say they or someone in their household has benefitted from the food stamp program.

Hmmm, the OP's original post is weakening LOL

What shortfall?
bad choice of words ....what will you do with the millions of sick homeless and starving people you just fucked over in: 2) Cut Social Security, medicare, food stamps, and all other welfare.
put them in camps?

First, you need to demonstrate that your emotional description actually matches the reality.

Second, you need to learn how to rely on yourself, and learn that other people must do the same.

According to the link, one of the primary reasons states are dependent on the federal government is because of expanding federal programs, and that many states frequently ask the federal government to back off and let them deal with things themselves.

Call me crazy, but it sounds to me like the liberals are creating this monster, just so they can bitch about it later.
Great. Turn down the programs so we blue staters can save some money you leeches. :laugh:

That would be fantastic.

1) Repeal Obamacare
2) Cut Social Security, medicare, food stamps, and all other welfare by 50%.
3) Reduce defense spending by 10%.
4) Eliminate all income taxes on the bottom 95% of people.

And presto! Budgetary surplus.

I was going to say that everything you listed is part of the House Budget, but the GOP didn't want the bottom 95% not to pay taxes. And I'm sure they don't want to reduce the said all the programs by 50%.
But with all the cuts they want to impose, they also want to increase spending on the military. I guess it isn't enough that the US spends more on the military than the next seven top countries spend on their military's combined.
And it doesn't matter if they are reducing benefits on the elderly who for the most part, live on fixed incomes and can't afford the GOP's version of prosperity for America..

That's great and all but in the red states, which have the highest rate of food stamp participation, there are far more republicans than Democrats. So though democrats have a higher percentage there are far more republicans using food stamps. Just like how according to your statistics black people have a higher participation rate for food stamps, but there are far far more white people on food stamps than black people.

They cannot help themselves. The vast majority of cons are entitlement junkies.
:disagree:

What shortfall?
bad choice of words ....what will you do with the millions of sick homeless and starving people you just fucked over in: 2) Cut Social Security, medicare, food stamps, and all other welfare.
put them in camps?

First, you need to demonstrate that your emotional description actually matches the reality.

Second, you need to learn how to rely on yourself, and learn that other people must do the same.
the award for best rationalization and dodging in a thread goes to....
I hope I'm there the day you need any one of those programs.. it'll be hilarious...

According to a new analysis.

states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government-blue-vs-red-image.jpg

Click here.

Let see their metrics:

1. Return on Taxes Paid to the Federal Government (Federal Funding in $ Divided by Federal Income Taxes in $): Weight = 1
  2. Federal Funding as a Percentage of State Revenue (Federal Funding in $ Divided by State Revenue in $ then Multiplied by 100): Weight = 1
  3. Number of Federal Employees per Capita (Number of Federal Workers Divided by Number of State Residents): Weight = 0.5
  4. Number of Civilian Non-Defense Federal Employees per Capita (Total Federal Civilian Employment Minus Total Civilian Employment of Army, Air Force, Navy & Defense Department): Weight = 0.25
All of these can be skewed if a state has large amounts of federal land, which happens to be mostly in low pop red states. So basically the metrics punish states with large amounts of state land, and low populations.

That's great and all but in the red states, which have the highest rate of food stamp participation, there are far more republicans than Democrats. So though democrats have a higher percentage there are far more republicans using food stamps. Just like how according to your statistics black people have a higher participation rate for food stamps, but there are far far more white people on food stamps than black people.
Percentages are what matters. You know, just like a batting average? WTF does Blue vs. Red have to do with percentage?

:lmao:

Are you saying that you're gong to dodge the question? You're not going to be bothered to demonstrate that the people removed from welfare would be sick homeless people?

I hope I'm there the day you need any one of those programs.. it'll be hilarious...

No such day will ever come. I'm self reliant. I maintain a job, I don't have kids I can't afford, and I live within my means.

What shortfall?
put them in camps?

So every single federal program is essential? You're hilarious...

Percentages are what matters. You know, just like a batting average? WTF does Blue vs. Red have to do with percentage?
It's the consistently republican states that are taking in more than they're paying out so... :dunno:

:lmao:

Are you saying that you're gong to dodge the question? You're not going to be bothered to demonstrate that the people removed from welfare would be sick homeless people?

No such day will ever come. I'm self reliant. I maintain a job, I don't have kids I can't afford, and I live within my means.
nice attempt at spin. what I said was you've already avoided the question..

and this:" I'm self reliant. I maintain a job, I don't have kids I can't afford, and I live within my means"- SE Is all wine and vinyl until it aint ...

I was going to say that everything you listed is part of the House Budget, but the GOP didn't want the bottom 95% not to pay taxes. And I'm sure they don't want to reduce the said all the programs by 50%.
But with all the cuts they want to impose, they also want to increase spending on the military. I guess it isn't enough that the US spends more on the military than the next seven top countries spend on their military's combined.

Yes, the Republican party has just as much of a spending problem as the Democrats.

And it doesn't matter if they are reducing benefits on the elderly who for the most part, live on fixed incomes and can't afford the GOP's version of prosperity for America..

Those elderly should have prepared for their own retirements. Today's working generations are paying through the nose to fund today's retirees, and then paying through the other nostril to save for their own retirements because SS will be defunct by the time they retire, all while making smaller comparative paychecks than the Boomers. It's really a travesty and an incredible injustice.

Forum List

Back