Republican Debate live thread Jan 23

Paul and Santorum don't get much time. I think the format for these debates needs to change. And as far as I'm concerned this is a public service and commercials are a huge waste of valuable time. It's why we need publicly financed elections and campaigns.

Santorum:

It is not OK for Iran to pursue nuclear weapons.

Has he proposed disarmament in general?

You mean Iran should disarm. Not us.

Bush and the Republicans had no problem with North Korea developing both long range missiles and nuclear weapons which they have successfully tested. We don't even know that Iran is developing weapons. They say it's just nuclear power. They may have oil, but they have no refineries. They have to import gasoline.

Remember, there was no al Qaeda in Iraq until Republicans let them in.

Nobody CAN "remember" something that never was, you moron.

Exactly, until Republicans invaded Iraq, there were no al Qaeda in Iraq. Everyone knows that. It's why no one can remember there being any al Qaeda in Iraq. Saddam would never let such a threat to his power into his country.

Gingrich claimed that Obama cancelled military exercises with Israel...I thought it was the other way 'round?

You mean Iran should disarm. Not us.

Bush and the Republicans had no problem with North Korea developing both long range missiles and nuclear weapons which they have successfully tested. We don't even know that Iran is developing weapons. They say it's just nuclear power. They may have oil, but they have no refineries. They have to import gasoline.

Remember, there was no al Qaeda in Iraq until Republicans let them in.

Nobody CAN "remember" something that never was, you moron.

Exactly, until Republicans invaded Iraq, there were no al Qaeda in Iraq. Everyone knows that. It's why no one can remember there being any al Qaeda in Iraq. Saddam would never let such a threat to his power into his country.

Repeating your lies doesn't make them any less dishonest or any more persuasive, derp.

You = fail.

Romney thinks people will self deport?

What the fuck is he smokin.

I actually agree with him on that. I don't think it's necessarily good policy, but making it harder for undocumented workers to live in an area and to find employment should decrease the supply of undocumented workers in that area. I believe that effect has been observed, for example, following Alabama's very harsh immigration law.

I think the lack of jobs because of the economy is a much larger reason and it won't always be like this.

Breaking the rules and skirting the law will never stop willfully.

Romney thinks people will self deport?

What the fuck is he smokin.

I actually agree with him on that. I don't think it's necessarily good policy, but making it harder for undocumented workers to live in an area and to find employment should decrease the supply of undocumented workers in that area. I believe that effect has been observed, for example, following Alabama's very harsh immigration law.

I think the lack of jobs because of the economy is a much larger reason and it won't always be like this.

Breaking the rules and skirting the law will never stop willfully.

No, I agree that stopping the employment of undocumented workers altogether is almost impossible. Decreasing said employment is possible, however.

Hilarious hearing Republicans debate "science".

Now Newt is talking "prizes".

Earlier today, I was reading an article about using "quantum dots" to improve the collection of energy in solar panels. As if someone could do that in their garage. With quantum dots.

Fucking hilarious. And he uses the Wright Brothers as an example.

A Party that, get this, doesn't believe in science and cuts education.

Hilarious.

Didn't Bush pull the plug on the space program?

I believe so, yes. But their point is Obama has left it wilting in the weeds. Personally I think its better suited for the private sector with little govt involvement beyond a bit of financial incentives.

For the record, it's the Space Shuttle program that ended. The US still has an active space program.

I believe so, yes. But their point is Obama has left it wilting in the weeds. Personally I think its better suited for the private sector with little govt involvement beyond a bit of financial incentives.

I mostly agree. My big wonder on space is the defense aspect. Not saying we will have Star 3wars here soon, but at some point yes, having weapons aimed at countries (as the US does) from space is a threat.

Yeah rdead. Sure is funny that your "party of science" is opposing the support for these scientific breakthroughs and what you call the "anti-science party" is supportting them.

Kind of makes you look like a freaking liar, doesnt it?

For the record, it's the Space Shuttle program that ended. The US still has an active space program.

Yeah reaching out to the Islamic world for some unknown reason.

Forum List

Back