Republican bill stops funding to states issuing DL's to illegals

Absolutely. If labor is just another commodity, then we need to make sure there is a fair price for it.

It can't get much fairer. An employer offers a job for X money and benefits. The applicant has the choice of accepting or denying an offer if it's not acceptable to them.

If the applicant believes they can do better somewhere else, then that's where they go. If nobody is making a better offer, than X wage an benefits is all that person is worth in our employment pool.

You know what, whenever you try to use sports teams as an analogy, my eyes kind of glaze over. Nobody ever said, "My CEO is a winner". "Our team wouldn't be what it is what it is without our CEO".

Nope. Most CEO's are kind of overpaid morons, who only are overpaid because they control the system that pays them.

No company is going to overpay anybody that isn't productive for the company. If you are operating a drill press for $16.00 an hour, your employer is selling your work for $25.00 an hour. That's how it works. If a CEO is responsible for a company bringing in 8 million a year, then the CEO is probably getting paid 3 million a year. It works the same way for CEO's as it does that drill press operator.

Yes, the CEO is like that star pitcher or running back. People do come for the entertainment they bring. Without them, the organization fails. And I have yet to meet a liberal on here that hates what CEO's make and become a CEO themselves. Why don't any of you people do that? Because you can't, and that's why a CEO gets paid what they do, because most people cannot do that job.

Nobody says you should get 'what you were making before". I just question giving you a big old welfare check because you can't do the job you wan to do. That's a little silly. Disability SHOULD be for people who can't work at all, period.

No, disability is when you have a condition that prohibits you from making a living. And I'd like to see any one of you loud mouths quit whatever you're doing today, and get a job making minimum wage to try and support yourself. Because essentially that's the situation I've been put in.

I paid into this system my entire life, and now that I need it, I expect it to be there. If I can't get it, then nobody should, and we should do away with disability and Social Security.
Go get a lawyer that deals with this..............They know the ins and outs of the system................and even though they may get a small cut it may very well be worth it........

We didn't do that.....but then again I'm working.................one of the reasons that we were turned down even though in that Disability response they said SHE QUALIFIES but you make too much money.

So much for putting the money into the system..............Go to those who know the system for your best way forward bro....................Those visits are Free consultations in most cases I believe.
Divorce on paper?

... the welfare queens who make a lifestyle out of living off the government. ...

Like you're doing now?

Like I said hotshot, quit your job (if you have one) and get a minimum wage job and tell me how you support yourself. I would love to know. Unless you can do that, you have no right to criticize my situation. Especially if you live in your parents basement.

He's never worked a day in his life.

... the welfare queens who make a lifestyle out of living off the government. ...

Like you're doing now?

Like I said hotshot, quit your job (if you have one) and get a minimum wage job and tell me how you support yourself. .....

No. I didn't tell you to get a "minimum wage job," I told you to get off your welfare queen ass and support yourself instead of being a professional internet bitch 24/7. You have to start over? Boo-hoo. People pick themselves up and start over all the time; it's a classic American story. You've got plenty of energy to be a racist douche bag here all the time. Redirect that energy to something productive.

So in other words, you wouldn't be able to do anything different than I am. Yes, minimum wage jobs (or damn near it) are all I'm qualified for, even if somebody would hire me at this age with my medical problems. So that is the situation I'm in. And if you can get a minimum wage job and support yourself (if you do support yourself) then show me how it's done. And mind you, deduct another $250.00 net income a month for medications.

All you losers are nothing but talk. Like I said, I normally don't wish ill-will on anybody, but I hope God puts you in my situation one day. I really do.

Personally, I kind of hope he gets cancer.

So in other words, you wouldn't be able to do anything different than I am. Yes, minimum wage jobs (or damn near it) are all I'm qualified for, even if somebody would hire me at this age with my medical problems. So that is the situation I'm in. And if you can get a minimum wage job and support yourself (if you do support yourself) then show me how it's done. And mind you, deduct another $250.00 net income a month for medications.

All you losers are nothing but talk. Like I said, I normally don't wish ill-will on anybody, but I hope God puts you in my situation one day. I really do.

God didn't put you in that situation... you put yourself in that situation.

I've had a bunch of setbacks in my life... you know what I did. I picked myself up, dusted myself off and moved on with it.

Joey, you're a fuckin' idiot.

It's nobody else's business to "show" you how to handle your shit, you helpless loser. Suck it up, be a man, and figure it out for yourself. You've never been shy here about pointing your feeble finger at everyone else in the world based on your racist bullshit, so don't lay on your back and beg for help.

“Oh, da gub’ment is my mommy and she won’t let me!”

Boy, stop threadshitting. You have no idea what you are spewing, so shut the fuck up.

It's nobody else's business to "show" you how to handle your shit, you helpless loser. Suck it up, be a man, and figure it out for yourself. You've never been shy here about pointing your feeble finger at everyone else in the world based on your racist bullshit, so don't lay on your back and beg for help.

“Oh, da gub’ment is my mommy and she won’t let me!”

Why all the hostility? Are you only a proponent of helping and funding wetbacks and their silver tooth money trees?
He is a threadshitting troll with no redeeming qualities. He adds nothing to this BBS except BS.

My daughter can't work just any job, and this is because of her schedule, and her three kids to raise. So she has to be picky about her job and her schedule based upon those things involved. There are many factors involved, just like she can't work a job that might pay more, because it still isn't affordable to put all three kids in the daycare if the schedule is wrong.

Joe knows these things, but he is just a spin myster who thrives on his skill in which causes him to kiss his own hand. LOL

Joey wants and needs people dependent on the government...because those people keep voting for people like Bernie and Biden, to keep the money flowing.

Maybe it's time to scrap the system entirely. I'd be a millionaire today if I could have all the money me and my employers contributed to the system, and had that money invested in a conservative growth account my entire life. If I died before retirement, my family would get that money instead of government.

It sure would stop a lot of bickering in debates like this.

I will not add up everything I have paid into Social Security...because if I do, I might start drinking.

You keep telling yourself that... but here's the thing.

When you call a former employer... here's what they'll tell you. Yes he worked here from these dates. They won't tell you ANY of that other shit. If they did, and it got back to the employee, it would be actionable.

Now, the main purpose of the resume is to GET YOU THE INTERVIEW. That's kind of it. They won't even look into that "other stuff" unless the resume demonstrates it.

Half the "resumes you write yourself" get thrown out because of one misspelled word before a computer ever sees it.

The only real thing that's actionable are opinions or revealing personal information. For instance, he was in the bathroom all the time, I believe he was just Fn off. Or, I know she fights with her husband a lot, so she was late all the time. Those are examples of actionable.

An employer can say, she was tardy 22 times in the last year she worked here. That's truth, and there is no action you can take on documented evidence.

First, most employers won't answer that question for legal reasons. Second, that's actually a dumb criteria. But then again, the company you worked for was a real bunch of bottom feeders who most people wouldn't have wanted to work for to start with. "No Health Insurance? Hard pass."

Well most of the employees there are long term like I was. Plus he had me replaced in two weeks which is very unusual given an economy like this. The guy that replaced me was our backup driver who drove a straight truck. He advanced to my position, and hired a friend of a current worker for the straight truck job.

As for the question, my former employer (not the last one I worked for) got a list of questions from his attorney. That was the one he favored the most. It's a yes or no question that nobody can sue you for answering. The answer indicates if there was friction between employer and employee without going into specifics that could be actionable.

You drive a truck from point a to point b. No experience needed.

Most won't hire anybody with no experience, but some will. However because of their high rates to insure you, it will be low pay until you do get enough experience for the insurance company to drop the rates. You would have to go over the road for a year or so, because nobody local would hire a driver with no experience.

You see, experience is everything. You can't go on the internet to learn how to drive a truck like you can with your job. It's hands on in all kinds of bad situations and weather conditions. Just driving straight? Correct, anybody can do that. But the challenge is taking corners in cities and not hit telephone poles or cross walk signals, manipulating a 60 foot vehicle through very narrow construction zones, backing a trailer into an inside unlit dock where you can't see shit without hitting something.

Some of these older buildings were designed for straight trucks before tractor-trailers were even thought of. It's your job (if possible) to get that trailer into such a small space. I've been in places where other drivers just looked at the situation, turned around, and went home. They wouldn't even try it.

I'd love to watch Joey try to park a trailer in the drop yard I use every day. I'd hook it up for him...hell, I'd even make sure he got a tractor with an automatic transmission. Trailer is 45' long, good luck with that!

When you call a former employer... here's what they'll tell you. Yes he worked here from these dates. They won't tell you ANY of that other shit. If they did, and it got back to the employee, it would be actionable.

Now, the main purpose of the resume is to GET YOU THE INTERVIEW. That's kind of it. They won't even look into that "other stuff" unless the resume demonstrates it.

Half the "resumes you write yourself" get thrown out because of one misspelled word before a computer ever sees it.

The only real thing that's actionable are opinions or revealing personal information. For instance, he was in the bathroom all the time, I believe he was just Fn off. Or, I know she fights with her husband a lot, so she was late all the time. Those are examples of actionable.

An employer can say, she was tardy 22 times in the last year she worked here. That's truth, and there is no action you can take on documented evidence.

First, most employers won't answer that question for legal reasons. Second, that's actually a dumb criteria. But then again, the company you worked for was a real bunch of bottom feeders who most people wouldn't have wanted to work for to start with. "No Health Insurance? Hard pass."

Well most of the employees there are long term like I was. Plus he had me replaced in two weeks which is very unusual given an economy like this. The guy that replaced me was our backup driver who drove a straight truck. He advanced to my position, and hired a friend of a current worker for the straight truck job.

As for the question, my former employer (not the last one I worked for) got a list of questions from his attorney. That was the one he favored the most. It's a yes or no question that nobody can sue you for answering. The answer indicates if there was friction between employer and employee without going into specifics that could be actionable.

Most won't hire anybody with no experience, but some will. However because of their high rates to insure you, it will be low pay until you do get enough experience for the insurance company to drop the rates. You would have to go over the road for a year or so, because nobody local would hire a driver with no experience.

You see, experience is everything. You can't go on the internet to learn how to drive a truck like you can with your job. It's hands on in all kinds of bad situations and weather conditions. Just driving straight? Correct, anybody can do that. But the challenge is taking corners in cities and not hit telephone poles or cross walk signals, manipulating a 60 foot vehicle through very narrow construction zones, backing a trailer into an inside unlit dock where you can't see shit without hitting something.

Some of these older buildings were designed for straight trucks before tractor-trailers were even thought of. It's your job (if possible) to get that trailer into such a small space. I've been in places where other drivers just looked at the situation, turned around, and went home. They wouldn't even try it.

I'd love to watch Joey try to park a trailer in the drop yard I use every day. I'd hook it up for him...hell, I'd even make sure he got a tractor with an automatic transmission. Trailer is 45' long, good luck with that!

45's are just about extinct. We had to go with 53's because of the inability to buy a 45 or 48 without being a special and expensive order. Huge companies like FedEx have contracts with manufacturers. It's not that big of a deal for them.

I find it so amazing how many people tell me my job is so easy, and have never done it themselves.

Maybe it's time to scrap the system entirely. I'd be a millionaire today if I could have all the money me and my employers contributed to the system, and had that money invested in a conservative growth account my entire life. If I died before retirement, my family would get that money instead of government.

I will not add up everything I have paid into Social Security...because if I do, I might start drinking.

That's the problem though. SS sends out pamphlets every couple of years or so. They list what you and your employers contributed to the program, and what pittance you would collect today.

If you took that pamphlet to a reputable investment company, and asked them what you'd be worth today had all that money--all those years been invested in a conservative growth account, what you would be worth today?

Absolutely. If labor is just another commodity, then we need to make sure there is a fair price for it.

It can't get much fairer. An employer offers a job for X money and benefits. The applicant has the choice of accepting or denying an offer if it's not acceptable to them.

If the applicant believes they can do better somewhere else, then that's where they go. If nobody is making a better offer, than X wage an benefits is all that person is worth in our employment pool.

You know what, whenever you try to use sports teams as an analogy, my eyes kind of glaze over. Nobody ever said, "My CEO is a winner". "Our team wouldn't be what it is what it is without our CEO".

Nope. Most CEO's are kind of overpaid morons, who only are overpaid because they control the system that pays them.

No company is going to overpay anybody that isn't productive for the company. If you are operating a drill press for $16.00 an hour, your employer is selling your work for $25.00 an hour. That's how it works. If a CEO is responsible for a company bringing in 8 million a year, then the CEO is probably getting paid 3 million a year. It works the same way for CEO's as it does that drill press operator.

Yes, the CEO is like that star pitcher or running back. People do come for the entertainment they bring. Without them, the organization fails. And I have yet to meet a liberal on here that hates what CEO's make and become a CEO themselves. Why don't any of you people do that? Because you can't, and that's why a CEO gets paid what they do, because most people cannot do that job.

Nobody says you should get 'what you were making before". I just question giving you a big old welfare check because you can't do the job you wan to do. That's a little silly. Disability SHOULD be for people who can't work at all, period.

No, disability is when you have a condition that prohibits you from making a living. And I'd like to see any one of you loud mouths quit whatever you're doing today, and get a job making minimum wage to try and support yourself. Because essentially that's the situation I've been put in.

I paid into this system my entire life, and now that I need it, I expect it to be there. If I can't get it, then nobody should, and we should do away with disability and Social Security.
Go get a lawyer that deals with this..............They know the ins and outs of the system................and even though they may get a small cut it may very well be worth it........

We didn't do that.....but then again I'm working.................one of the reasons that we were turned down even though in that Disability response they said SHE QUALIFIES but you make too much money.

So much for putting the money into the system..............Go to those who know the system for your best way forward bro....................Those visits are Free consultations in most cases I believe.
Divorce on paper?

Sometimes it has to come down to that. That's what the players do.

I rented to a couple with no underaged children. She's all Fd up. She can barely walk down a set of steps without hurting herself. She got on disability, but only partial because of her husband's income. I made the same suggestion you made, but they wouldn't even consider it. Don't get me wrong, I respect that. Sometimes there are things money just can't buy. However I think it's a flaw in the system that married people have to endure like my friends and Eagle. If you're disabled, then you're disabled. Marriage status shouldn't be considered.

45's are just about extinct. We had to go with 53's because of the inability to buy a 45 or 48 without being a special and expensive order. Huge companies like FedEx have contracts with manufacturers. It's not that big of a deal for them.

I find it so amazing how many people tell me my job is so easy, and have never done it themselves.

I would use a 45...ours are 20+ years old, nobody would notice or care about one more scrape on those...and we both know that Joey would hit something.

We have mostly 48s...just got about twenty brand new ones (Great Danes) last year. We have some 53s, and about twenty elderly (mostly Hyundai) 45' ex-railroad trailers. They're absolute bottom-shelf models, with leaf springs, no ABS, Dayton wheels...they don't even have clearance lights! Unfortunately, the newest is a 1996. We've retired (scrapped) some of the ~40 we had, but the problem is that we have some accounts that use them, and they CANNOT use anything bigger. I pulled an ex-New Penn 48 last week...damn thing is almost 40 years old! It looks like hell, but pulls nicely even loaded with 30,000lbs.

Honestly...48s seem common enough. Our problem is that we have half a dozen 36' liftgate trailers that are used for city routes. They have been in fairly-hard daily use for between five and eight years, and they are simply wearing out. We're also down to only a few 28' pups...though the one old enough to not have spring brakes still goes out three days a week.

Last edited:

Divorce on paper?

Sometimes it has to come down to that. That's what the players do.

I rented to a couple with no underaged children. She's all Fd up. She can barely walk down a set of steps without hurting herself. She got on disability, but only partial because of her husband's income. I made the same suggestion you made, but they wouldn't even consider it. Don't get me wrong, I respect that. Sometimes there are things money just can't buy. However I think it's a flaw in the system that married people have to endure like my friends and Eagle. If you're disabled, then you're disabled. Marriage status shouldn't be considered.

I'm married for (as of 3/20) 24 years and am actually considering it.

200k from me over 40 years and let’s just say that 100k was the midpoint so 100k st 4% for 40 years should equal
About 300k minimum when compounded in the till for me
See70% of these liberal dummies are like 30 years old or less and they do not know that social security and Medicare are not entitlements paid by someone else for me(their sole/dole method of sustenance ) but rather fully funded by me and people like me thru pay deductions and taxes paid by us

Well that's news to me, because anytime I was interviewed, it was by the owner, the supervisor of the department I was applying for, or an HR person. An employer doesn't just go with who they like best. That would be like me selecting a tenant based only on how much I like them.

Um, yeah, they kind of do... but never mind.

If you know what you're doing, you take all input available to you to make a determination. That's what I do. It's also why I pay investigative services to help me out in that endeavor. Most people check out, but there were several times when things didn't. Much like an employers concern, if I make a mistake in my choice, I might have a hell of a time getting rid of them, and it could prove costly at the same time.

But that's the problem, most employers don't know what they are doing. It's why anywhere you've ever worked, there's always someone who you ask, "How did that idiot get hired"?

The reality- most former employers will only confirm employment, for a darned good reason. Anything else is actionable.

Let's take the opposite example. Let's say a former employer said how awesome you were, and the first month on the job you plowed a truck into a busload of Orphans and Nuns... On the six o'clock news with your company logo right on the side of the truck!!! "But his last employer said he was awesome" would be an invitation to sue that last employer. (Well,the Orphans would suddenly discover they had long lost family.)

Also, somehow, I doubt anyone is lining up to live in one of your slums.

Yeah, okay, guy. Whatever. I do this for a living, thanks. You collect welfare.

I don't collect anything right now. Not one dime.

No, they really don't... I hate to break this to you, but most employers just do the interviews and go with the person they liked best. They don't really do in depth investigations. A lot of them don't even hire directly, they go with staffing agencies and they send over someone they barely vetted.

Well that's news to me, because anytime I was interviewed, it was by the owner, the supervisor of the department I was applying for, or an HR person. An employer doesn't just go with who they like best. That would be like me selecting a tenant based only on how much I like them.

If you know what you're doing, you take all input available to you to make a determination. That's what I do. It's also why I pay investigative services to help me out in that endeavor. Most people check out, but there were several times when things didn't. Much like an employers concern, if I make a mistake in my choice, I might have a hell of a time getting rid of them, and it could prove costly at the same time.
Most people hire who they like best as long as they think the person could be brought up to speed.

People don’t hire investigators unless there is a securityrelated element. Checking references is generally sufficient. And if you know the person you’re hiring, you probably don’t even check those.

Based on your post, I don’t think you’ve ever hired anyone.

Yeah, okay, guy. Whatever. I do this for a living, thanks. You collect welfare.

I don't collect anything right now. Not one dime.

No, they really don't... I hate to break this to you, but most employers just do the interviews and go with the person they liked best. They don't really do in depth investigations. A lot of them don't even hire directly, they go with staffing agencies and they send over someone they barely vetted.

Most people hire who they like best as long as they think the person could be brought up to speed.

People don’t hire investigators unless there is a securityrelated element. Checking references is generally sufficient. And if you know the person you’re hiring, you probably don’t even check those.

Based on your post, I don’t think you’ve ever hired anyone.

Correct, I haven't. But I talk to people that do. I also use the same criteria when checking applicants for one of my apartments. I've had applicants that seemed to be great people. Once they moved in, nothing but a huge problem and they ended up being assholes.

Um, yeah, they kind of do... but never mind.

But that's the problem, most employers don't know what they are doing. It's why anywhere you've ever worked, there's always someone who you ask, "How did that idiot get hired"?

The reality- most former employers will only confirm employment, for a darned good reason. Anything else is actionable.

Let's take the opposite example. Let's say a former employer said how awesome you were, and the first month on the job you plowed a truck into a busload of Orphans and Nuns... On the six o'clock news with your company logo right on the side of the truck!!! "But his last employer said he was awesome" would be an invitation to sue that last employer. (Well,the Orphans would suddenly discover they had long lost family.)

Also, somehow, I doubt anyone is lining up to live in one of your slums.

legally, if an employer has negative things to say, all he or she can do with regard to a prospective employer is conform dates of employment and job title

Forum List

Back