Reported: Trump To Declare COVID-19 A Stafford Act National Emergency

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
Breaking: Trump to declare COVID-19 a Stafford Act national emergency

President Donald Trump plans to declare a national emergency on Friday over the coronavirus outbreak, invoking the Stafford Act to open the door to more federal aid for states and municipalities, according to two people familiar with the matter. …

An emergency declaration would allow a state to request a 75% federal cost-share for expenses that include emergency workers, medical tests, medical supplies, vaccinations, security for medical facilities, and more, according to a letter Democrats sent the president earlier this week.

Only a few emergency declarations for public health threats have been made since the 1960s, and only two have targeted disease outbreaks, when President Bill Clinton in 2000 declared emergencies in New York and New Jersey in response to the West Nile Virus.

If people wanted the big guns, they are about to get them. This will probably hurt the markets even more, so good idea to do it on a Friday and let the weekend act as a firebreak.

President Donald Trump plans to declare a national emergency on Friday over the coronavirus outbreak, invoking the Stafford Act to open the door to more federal aid for states and municipalities, according to two people familiar with the matter. …

An emergency declaration would allow a state to request a 75% federal cost-share for expenses that include emergency workers, medical tests, medical supplies, vaccinations, security for medical facilities, and more, according to a letter Democrats sent the president earlier this week.

Only a few emergency declarations for public health threats have been made since the 1960s, and only two have targeted disease outbreaks, when President Bill Clinton in 2000 declared emergencies in New York and New Jersey in response to the West Nile Virus.

If people wanted the big guns, they are about to get them. This will probably hurt the markets even more, so good idea to do it on a Friday and let the weekend act as a firebreak.

What's the over/under that he completely bleeps up is 3PM EST speech (as he did on Wednesday night) and that very tenuous positive that the Dow is in right now completely collapses? The fact that Democrats had to had to send Trump a letter even getting him to consider declaring this emergency (if he does) is telling. Maybe if he had done that on Wednesday night, the market collapse the next day wouldn't have happened..or been a lot less painful.

What's the over/under that he completely bleeps up is 3PM EST speech (as he did on Wednesday night) and that very tenuous positive that the Dow is in right now completely collapses? The fact that Democrats had to had to send Trump a letter even getting him to consider declaring this emergency (if he does) is telling. Maybe if he had done that on Wednesday night, the market collapse the next day wouldn't have happened..or been a lot less painful.

Only in the mind of TDS addled morons did he completely "bleeped up" his address Wednesday.

He could have said anything and people like you would have bitched about it.

Excellent. Communities are utterly unprepared for the number of people that will require hospitalization. It's going to be a crisis.

Íf the open borders cabal hadn't gotten in the way, we would possibly not even have the virus. At this moment in time no one is fooled anymore and it is time for the president to act.

"President Donald Trump plans to declare a national emergency on Friday over the coronavirus outbreak, invoking the Stafford Act to open the door to more federal aid for states and municipalities, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The president said he will hold a news conference at 3 p.m. in Washington. Trump spoke Friday with Emmanuel Macron, the French president tweeted, about the pandemic, and agreed to organize a video conference with world leaders on Monday to coordinate research efforts on a vaccine and treatments and work on how to respond to the economic fallout."

Trump to Declare National Emergency to Speed Virus Response

Excellent. Communities are utterly unprepared for the number of people that will require hospitalization. It's going to be a crisis.

Actually we still don't know the hospitalization rate overall in the US.

Only in the mind of TDS addled morons did he completely "bleeped up" his address Wednesday.
Uh, no. His speech was a disaster and was widely panned by all but the most die-hard Trump supporters.

Panned by everyone in your wibble TDS circle jerk.
Wrong. Step outside the bubble and look around. It was a disaster.

The only person in a bubble is you, you poseur bougie TDS twat waddle.

"hey I hate Trump, Hey his speech sucks, hey anyone who doesn't group think like me is deluding themselves, fuh fuh fuh"

FOAD.

Uh, no. His speech was a disaster and was widely panned by all but the most die-hard Trump supporters.

panned by 100% of all rational people.

considered better than the gettysburg address and the sermon on the mount by his minions

Talk about being full of yourself, you dime store hack.

Stop speaking for other people.

"hey I hate Trump, Hey his speech sucks, hey anyone who doesn't group think like me is deluding themselves, fuh fuh fuh"

FOAD.
Look at what Trump has done to your brain. Look at your embarrassing, cultish, childish behavior. I say the speech was widely panned -- it was, that's a fact -- and you come at me. Your behavior is embarrassing, for a grown man. Reevaluate, sir.

He doesn't get any kudos for this. He had to be dragged kicking and screaming into doing this. His response from the start has been very poor and colored by his desire to be re-elected. Even his travel ban did not affect countries where he owns resorts. He has made a bad situation even worse.

FOAD.
Look at what Trump has done to your brain. Look at your embarrassing, cultish, childish behavior. I say the speech was widely panned -- it was, that's a fact -- and you come at me. Your behavior is embarrassing, for a grown man. Reevaluate, sir.

Again, it was widely panned by those who think like you and the MSM stooges you take the knee to on a daily basis.

You offer no proof of this "widely panning" except your own opinion, which is nothing more than TDS shit.

You got called out bitch, take it like a man.

FOAD.

I certainly hope you understand that MOST of us believe that it is the deranged trump supporters who suffer from TDS and engage in "group think"

try to think;

WE are ALL DIFFERENT!

while you trump supporters all agree on every single lunacy trump spouts....

WE are DIFFERENT GROUPS!

you embody "group think"

He could have said anything and people like you would have bitched about it.

Wrong. I didn't vote for Bush Jr and resented the Supreme Court when they installed him as President. But on the day of and in the immediate days after 9/11, I was grateful that this guy was President. We can argue all we want about the bad policies that he proposed or what monumentally bad decisions (Cheney) were made in the years after, but during that week, he was rock solid. Projected confidence and resolve when everybody was ready press the panic button. Never once during those two months after did I question that he belonged in that office.

The EXACT opposite of what I think of Trump. He had his moment on Wednesday night and he once and for all demonstrated he has no business sitting in that office.
Joe Biden has displayed more Presidential direction than Trump has. Deal with it. I understand that you will love him and support him no matter what he does or says. I have no idea why but I've accepted as much from most Trump supporters.

In speech, Biden shows how a normal president responds in crisis (opinion) - CNN

PS, I don't care if it's from CNN. It's the truth. Again, deal with it.

FOAD.

I certainly hope you understand that MOST of us believe that it is the deranged trump supporters who suffer from TDS and engage in "group think"

try to think;

WE are ALL DIFFERENT!

while you trump supporters all agree on every single lunacy trump spouts....

WE are DIFFERENT GROUPS!

you embody "group think"

Stop claiming support for your position without hard proof. It's amazing how progressives need numbers to back up their viewpoints.

You aren't different, you are the same TDS spewing progressive asshat as several others on this board.

FOAD.

Trump has been the best president in American history.

Your guy can't even recall which of the 57 states he is in.

Forum List

Back