With the NBA,NHL cancellation among major events... will we see violent crime increase?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
With all the angst supplied by the extremely biased MSM that was grossly absent in 2009 when this was occurring...As of mid-March 2010, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that about 59 million Americans contracted the H1N1 virus, 265,000 were hospitalized as a result, and 12,000 died. 2009 flu pandemic in the United States - Wikipedia
Where was the equivalent shut downs?
Plus I've not heard yet from any angst makers regarding this:
1) Increase in violent crimes as people are NOT going to sporting events for anger release.
Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.46.52 AM.png

Where will fans like this get release for their anger at their boss, job, life etc. consequently what will
replace the anger with no sporting events?
Homicide rates in the USA According to the most recent FBI data available, an estimated 15,696 murders occurred in the United States in 2015
What will be the murder rate for 2020?

2) Anger management Therapy sessions.
Roughly 22 million Americans -- 8.9 percent of the adult population-- have impulsive anger issues
9% of Americans have serious anger issues and easy access to guns, study finds | MinnPost

So folks... will there be a rise in that percentage due to people being frustrated as places they go to vent their anger have no where to go?
This reminds me of a story called. "THE PUBLIC HATING" by Steve Allen
The Creative Classroom by Mitchell Lopate, M.A.T. - Academic Mentoring Support : "The Public Hating" - a lesson in execution

What will be the equivalent... an Anti-Trump rally by people looking for someone to blame?

With all the angst supplied by the extremely biased MSM that was grossly absent in 2009 when this was occurring...As of mid-March 2010, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that about 59 million Americans contracted the H1N1 virus, 265,000 were hospitalized as a result, and 12,000 died. 2009 flu pandemic in the United States - Wikipedia
1) Increase in violent crimes as people are NOT going to sporting events for anger release.
View attachment 312170
Where will fans like this get release for their anger at their boss, job, life etc. consequently what will
Homicide rates in the USA According to the most recent FBI data available, an estimated 15,696 murders occurred in the United States in 2015

Roughly 22 million Americans -- 8.9 percent of the adult population-- have impulsive anger issues
9% of Americans have serious anger issues and easy access to guns, study finds | MinnPost

So folks... will there be a rise in that percentage due to people being frustrated as places they go to vent their anger have no where to go?
The Creative Classroom by Mitchell Lopate, M.A.T. - Academic Mentoring Support : "The Public Hating" - a lesson in execution

What will be the equivalent... an Anti-Trump rally by people looking for someone to blame?

People are going to looking to mellow out. Maybe the government should legalize Recreational Valium and Ludes?

View attachment 312170

Well if you ever been to those stadiums and arenas, you’ve seen what types of people work there. You know, the more susceptible to committing crimes types.

View attachment 312170

People are going to looking to mellow out. Maybe the government should legalize Recreational Valium and Ludes?
They will replace all the sports programs with chick flicks!

View attachment 312170

Well if you ever been to those stadiums and arenas, you’ve seen what types of people work there. You know, the more susceptible to committing crimes types.

I wasn't making a blanket statement regarding workers at stadiums, etc. but the general population. With sporting events, etc. as a method to "vent" anger, frustration, etc. being banned, what will then be these peoples' outlets...i.e. where will they be able to vent?
That plus spending more time at home leads to family discords, etc. and these might lead to violence.

Forum List

Back