Rep. Steve King ( R- Iowa). If you have to be 21 for guns then make it 21 for voting!!

21 seems like the right age to vote, yet how can you ask some one to fight or die for our country & give them no vote for how its run?

Lol take away the above 65 vote and the GOP loses 80% of it's eligible voters
For what reason? They are the most experienced people in our country political or otherwise. Their vote is more important than anybody's. Most have spent a lifetime contributing to our taxation system. Because if their intelligence and knowledge, many of them vote Republican.
They vote republican because they're terrified of a present they no longer understand. They won't live in the world their children and grandchildren will create, and shouldn't force a worldview on them that has been obsolete for decades.

This is a good point and dems have no rebuttal. They want teens voting because teens are stupid drunks and vote dem. But they don't want them to have guns because they don't want anyone to have guns - except govt officials and celebs.

Rep. Steve King: If You're Not Responsible Enough to Own Gun Until 21, Don't Vote Until 21 Either

March 27 2018 Rep. Steve King (R-IA) observed that teenagers who believe people are not responsible enough to own guns until the age of 21 ought to be willing to wait until 21 before they vote.

The responses to King’s tweet varied, some of which were marked by vitriol and/or personal attacks too vulgar to print.

I'll tell you who doesn't want teens voting and that's Republicans. The timing of this is a tell. Just when the NRA and those who took money from them face those students, suddenly it's a good idea to bump the voting age to 21. Rather transparent.

As as transparent that the real agenda of the left is to disarm society?

Hey, if the Democrats want to claim that all people up to the age of 21 are not responsible enough to own an AR or any gun, how are they then responsible enough to vote? That's our angle.

After all, isn't voting one of the most important responsibilities an American has? Votes determine the direction our entire country.

This is a good point and dems have no rebuttal. They want teens voting because teens are stupid drunks and vote dem. But they don't want them to have guns because they don't want anyone to have guns - except govt officials and celebs.

Rep. Steve King: If You're Not Responsible Enough to Own Gun Until 21, Don't Vote Until 21 Either

March 27 2018 Rep. Steve King (R-IA) observed that teenagers who believe people are not responsible enough to own guns until the age of 21 ought to be willing to wait until 21 before they vote.

The responses to King’s tweet varied, some of which were marked by vitriol and/or personal attacks too vulgar to print.

This is a ridiculous argument from crazy Steve King. You can't kill anyone by voting.

Why is it a ridiculous argument? If one constitutional right can be subjected to age discrimination, why shouldn't all rights be subjected to age discrimination?

Well those are Democrats for you. They want to raise the age limit to buy guns because they care so much about the kids. But watch how fast they run away from this issue because they are not about to give up a huge chunk of their voters. If it comes down to that, F-the kids. Dems don't care about them that much.

Since Obamacare rules dictates people are infants until 26 and covered by family insurance then it's plain that nobody under 26 can be trusted to vote intelligently much less drink, drive, or be in the military.

Twenty six.

That many, liberals. I made it easy 'cause even taking off your shoes wouldn't make it possible to count that high owning to your liberal indocctrination (that you got free instead of the "education" mommy and daddy thought you were getting.

I say 25 so we are close!

The damn thing is for the voting it will take another Constitutional Amendment to raise the damn age!

Not enough votes in the Senate...

Well that idea is like repealing the Second and will never happen, but each side can dream a little which is a damn nightmare for me!

Lol take away the above 65 vote and the GOP loses 80% of it's eligible voters
For what reason? They are the most experienced people in our country political or otherwise. Their vote is more important than anybody's. Most have spent a lifetime contributing to our taxation system. Because if their intelligence and knowledge, many of them vote Republican.
They vote republican because they're terrified of a present they no longer understand. They won't live in the world their children and grandchildren will create, and shouldn't force a worldview on them that has been obsolete for decades.

No because as you age, you get wiser. The older you are the wiser you get. The problem is by the time you know it all, you're too old to use the knowledge except to vote.

Generations before us created the world we grew up in. They made a lot of sacrifices so that we do have a better country for ourselves. Every generation tries to make it better for the next, so they do care about what happens to this country once they are gone.

My father is 87 years old. And while we disagree politically, I cannot discount his life experiences that I've never faced. It's one thing to read about them but quite another to live them.

My father doesn't vote because he's worried about himself. He votes because of me, my sister and his grandchildren.

Since Obamacare rules dictates people are infants until 26 and covered by family insurance then it's plain that nobody under 26 can be trusted to vote intelligently much less drink, drive, or be in the military.

Twenty six.

That many, liberals. I made it easy 'cause even taking off your shoes wouldn't make it possible to count that high owning to your liberal indocctrination (that you got free instead of the "education" mommy and daddy thought you were getting.

The damn thing is for the voting it will take another Constitutional Amendment to raise the damn age!

Well that idea is like repealing the Second and will never happen, but each side can dream a little which is a damn nightmare for me!

Why would it take a constitutional amendment to raise the voting age and not your second amendment rights? They are both rights.

Twenty six.

Why would it take a constitutional amendment to raise the voting age and not your second amendment rights? They are both rights.

It took a constitutional amendment to lower the age so it will take one to raise the age for voting or to repeal the 26th Amendment.

As for changing the Second Amendment or repealing it, again Constitutional Amendment will be needed.

Now will there be enough votes in the Senate?

Nope, so why the hell are we even discussing raising the age of anything?

Twenty six.

It took a constitutional amendment to lower the age so it will take one to raise the age for voting or to repeal the 26th Amendment.

As for changing the Second Amendment or repealing it, again Constitutional Amendment will be needed.

Because it's suggested by the libs that amendments can be subjected to age requirements simply by making a law. Like I said, if so, then I'm all for it. But if Democrats want that, then they have to give up something at the same time; something Democrats never do. After all, Democrats see negotiations as doing everything their way and you get nothing in return.

Twenty six.

Because it's suggested by the libs that amendments can be subjected to age requirements simply by making a law. Like I said, if so, then I'm all for it. But if Democrats want that, then they have to give up something at the same time; something Democrats never do. After all, Democrats see negotiations as doing everything their way and you get nothing in return.

Well let be factual and admit that it was idiotic to lower the voting age in the first place.

Kids have no idea what they want or understand in life.

Most of these kids that wan to change the Second Amendment will most likely die from a opioid death, car crash or suicide before a mass shooting by some mental midget with a AR-15.

Also if they believe they can ban the Second Amendment without repealing it, well let them try but as it look the USSC will most likely strike them down, well hopefully.

In the end all this protesting and propaganda is all for nothing because the repeal of the Second Amendment will never happen so it is a dead subject to me...

Twenty six.

Well let be factual and admit that it was idiotic to lower the voting age in the first place.

Most of these kids that wan to change the Second Amendment will most likely die from a opioid death, car crash or suicide before a mass shooting by some mental midget with a AR-15.

Also if they believe they can ban the Second Amendment without repealing it, well let them try but as it look the USSC will most likely strike them down, well hopefully.

In the end all this protesting and propaganda is all for nothing because the repeal of the Second Amendment will never happen so it is a dead subject to me...

That is correct. The left knows this however, so their goal is to restrict firearms as much as they can without crossing that Second Amendment line.

Now they conned these kids to perform their evil for them, and these kids are totally clueless how they are being used. They like the attention, they love all the people wanting to "friend" them on Facebook. They love seeing their names in the national media.

Democrats really don't care if we have guns. What Democrats hate is us being able to defend ourselves with guns. If they were ever able to take away our guns, then only the criminals and cops would have them.; Democrats know this. That would make all of us victims. Victims love Democrats and Democrats love victims. The more victims in this country, the more likely Democrat voters.

Here's a rebuttal. If it has to be 21 for voting then make it 21 for a drivers license, military service or for getting a job. If you can buy a gun at 18 then make drinking age 18. These are all ridiculous arguments used in a limited way to rationalize ones opinion on a certain matter. When Reagan demanded all states raise the drinking age to 21 or not get federal highway funds or Bush required all drivers to have auto insurance if they had a license I saw no one from the right complain. It's never about actual philosophy/morality. It's always about your "team."

Driving is a state issue and not a federal one. For instance in our state, 15 year olds can get temp permits to start learning how to drive. Younger people in the military are the most valuable asset for our armed forces. The younger you are, the more physical strength you have. I'm against a national drinking age and BAL.

That is correct. The left knows this however, so their goal is to restrict firearms as much as they can without crossing that Second Amendment line.

Now they conned these kids to perform their evil for them, and these kids are totally clueless how they are being used. They like the attention, they love all the people wanting to "friend" them on Facebook. They love seeing their names in the national media.

Democrats really don't care if we have guns. What Democrats hate is us being able to defend ourselves with guns. If they were ever able to take away our guns, then only the criminals and cops would have them.; Democrats know this. That would make all of us victims. Victims love Democrats and Democrats love victims. The more victims in this country, the more likely Democrat voters.

The more educated, the more likely to vote Dem.

Driving is a state issue and not a federal one. For instance in our state, 15 year olds can get temp permits to start learning how to drive. .

The auto industry pays legislators to lower the driving age since they know kids drive crazy. Car crashes mean car sales.

Well those are Democrats for you. They want to raise the age limit to buy guns because they care so much about the kids. But watch how fast they run away from this issue because they are not about to give up a huge chunk of their voters.

If dems had their way the age for buying a gun would be 30 and the voting age and driving age would be 10.

Amendment 26 says every citizen can vote at 18 so it would take another amendment to raise it to 21. Amendment 2 says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed so yes - it should take another amendment to alter that.

That's the problem. Nobody agrees on what "The line" is. The amendment is written to reflect a time in America when autonomy was still threatened and I'm sure the founders never intended that the US become the wild west. Also, it reflects a time when arms themselves were basic and when it couldn't be imagined what kind of arms would be available in the future. Those that take an absolute position on the right to bear arms understand that it is ludicrous to include arms such as Nuclear weapons, grenades, grenade launchers, and any number of other "arms." But we've already crossed the line of reason with semi auto and automatic weapons or kits to convert. Is the next step a 50 Cal mounted in the bed of your pick up truck? I mean, there is no clear line. So, the amendment already shows its out datedness. It needs to be repealed in order that a new standard based on modern capabilities be established.

That's the problem. Nobody agrees on what "The line" is. The amendment is written to reflect a time in America when autonomy was still threatened and I'm sure the founders never intended that the US become the wild west. Also, it reflects a time when arms themselves were basic and when it couldn't be imagined what kind of arms would be available in the future. Those that take an absolute position on the right to bear arms understand that it is ludicrous to include arms such as Nuclear weapons, grenades, grenade launchers, and any number of other "arms." But we've already crossed the line of reason with semi auto and automatic weapons or kits to convert. Is the next step a 50 Cal mounted in the bed of your pick up truck? I mean, there is no clear line. So, the amendment already shows its out datedness. It needs to be repealed in order that a new standard based on modern capabilities be established.

Sure there is a line; arms means firearms. It doesn't mean bombs. If you are caught making a pipe bomb in your garage, they will haul you off to jail. Nobody needs a pipe bomb for self-defense.

The founders knew weaponry would advance just like anything else. That's one of the reasons they included an amendment process for our constitution. But most everybody would have to agree with such a change which is why you can't do it with a small majority of people.

Let me explain what the real problem here is: Democrats can't be trusted. That's it in a nutshell.

Let's say ten years ago we outlawed high capacity magazines like so many on the left demand. This school shooter didn't use any high capacity magazines. So would you have been satisfied with the results of that school shooting if we had such a law in place? Of course not. The left would be insisting on more restrictions. And if we did that, the next mass shooting they would be crying about even more restrictions.

Your Democrat leaders know quite well the problem is not firearms, the problem is the people. But......as long as they can blame the guns instead of the people, they think they can drum up support for their political agenda which is to disarm society.

Here's a rebuttal. If it has to be 21 for voting then make it 21 for a drivers license, military service or for getting a job. If you can buy a gun at 18 then make drinking age 18. These are all ridiculous arguments used in a limited way to rationalize ones opinion on a certain matter. When Reagan demanded all states raise the drinking age to 21 or not get federal highway funds or Bush required all drivers to have auto insurance if they had a license I saw no one from the right complain. It's never about actual philosophy/morality. It's always about your "team."

Driving is a state issue and not a federal one. For instance in our state, 15 year olds can get temp permits to start learning how to drive. Younger people in the military are the most valuable asset for our armed forces. The younger you are, the more physical strength you have. I'm against a national drinking age and BAL.

The more educated, the more likely to vote Dem.

I think what you really mean to say is the more brainwashed.

Forum List

Back