Wow! Just How Much Are Tattoos These Days?

My mother would not have given me greenbacks for a tattoo. She would have given me a backhand instead.

Depends on the artist. Some of the more popular artists charge hundreds per hour. However...I don't think Kentucky is a hotbed for tattoo artists. Unless one considers the Tazmanian Devil drinking a beer or "Aint Skeered" across one's upper back, 'custom' work.

kentucky.jpg

Kentucky Tattoos photos
Pretty quality stuff...look at the line work...I guess his meth dealer showed up in time for the second elephant.

Attachments

• kentucky.jpg
    kentucky.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 73
I know they were expensive in the early 80s....I was in the USMC and my buddy had them on both arms--over $400 if I recall correctly

My mother would not have given me greenbacks for a tattoo. She would have given me a backhand instead.

One of our daughters gave her dad a coronary once, she got one of those temp tattoos. LOL Oh boy that was funny

Depends on the artist. Some of the more popular artists charge hundreds per hour. However...I don't think Kentucky is a hotbed for tattoo artists. Unless one considers the Tazmanian Devil drinking a beer or "Aint Skeered" across one's upper back, 'custom' work.

View attachment 185046
Kentucky Tattoos photos
Pretty quality stuff...look at the line work...I guess his meth dealer showed up in time for the second elephant.

I dunno, that looks like a $10 tattoo.

View attachment 185046
Kentucky Tattoos photos

I was simply highlighting the type of quality one is going to find in a place like Kentucky. This is a place in Louisville, the state's largest city.

View attachment 185046
Kentucky Tattoos photos

I was simply highlighting the type of quality one is going to find in a place like Kentucky. This is a place in Louisville, the state's largest city.

LOL...I'm sure their quality is A#1.

Wow! Just How Much Are Tattoos These Days?
  1. From the article:
    A Kentucky teenager used money his mother gave him for a tattoo to buy an AR-15 rifle and 500 rounds of ammunition meant to shoot up his high school, police said.

Be that as it may, how much the money the boys mother gave him to get a tattoo and how much he spent on the rifle need not at all be even approximately the same sum of money. The article does not indicate what share of the money used to buy the rifle was money he had saved and added to the sum his mother gave him.

The point being: the price of "tattoos these days" isn't germane to the matter of the boy's using money he received for the purpose of buying a tattoo.
  2. Apparently one can get one for something less than about $600, which around the minimum one must expect to pay for an AR-15 platform-based rifle, though a semi-automatic rifle can be had for as little as ~$130.
This sounds pretty iffy. Like made up.
It should, to sagacious readers of the story, "sound" only like what is reported in the story.
  • Someone in Felker's (the boy) community tipped the police to the boy's "[owning] a gun and constantly [talking] about killing himself/shooting up the school [, and telling] specific people he would shoot them first and shoot up the classroom."
  • Felker did indeed own a gun, one based on the AR-15 platform, and some quantity of ammunition for it.
  • Felker, in part or entirely, used money he receive from his mother to pay for the gun and 500 rounds of ammunition for it.
  • The local police arrested Felker.
  • The local police charged Felker with “second-degree terroristic threatening.”
  • Felker was released on a $5000 bond.
  • WKYT, the local TV station, reported that Felker was “not prohibited from owning firearms” and posted photos of the rifle to social media.
  • One of the pictures WKYT posted showed Felker with the gun in his mouth.
What's "iffy" about any of that? Which of those things strike you as not having happened and why?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back