Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Yes, but only for possitive rep

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

JOKER96BRAVO

Aug 13, 2004
I wanted to make the results open but...
I think I'll get more honest answers this way.

Please answer honestly.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I wanted to make the results open but...
I think I'll get more honest answers this way.

Please answer honestly.

I can't---It's still not clear to me what is considered "abuse".

I thought I was using it properly only to be told I wasn't.

Given rep out of spite.
Given rep just because.
Given "back atcha" yep.
Given rep to reflect anything other than it's original intent.

archangel said:
I agree according to the criteria geez we are guilty...including joker! sigh.......!
According to a few on the other thread, not all of us.
I admit, I'm guilty. Trying to prove a point that the rep system
doesn't reflect what it's meant to.

JOKER96BRAVO said:

I agree...some in here try to convince all of us of their perfection...I am flawed and will admit it!

JOKER96BRAVO said:

The rep system reflects the individual users. It only works if we police ourselves; and take PERSONAL responsibility for it's use. It's a judgement call:

"Somebody dinged my rep, I'll ding them right back!"

"Someobdy gave me rep, I'll give them rep right back!"

Use the honor system when using the Rep or PM features. Use 'good judgement' when repping.

If those policies are enforced by we, the users, the rep system won't be a problem.

As I've posted via Sticky...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/announcement.php?f=5&announcementid=7

-=d=- said:
The rep system reflects the individual users. It only works if we police ourselves; and take PERSONAL responsibility for it's use. It's a judgement call:

"Somebody dinged my rep, I'll ding them right back!"

"Someobdy gave me rep, I'll give them rep right back!"

Use the honor system when using the Rep or PM features. Use 'good judgement' when repping.

If those policies are enforced by we, the users, the rep system won't be a problem.

As I've posted via Sticky...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/announcement.php?f=5&announcementid=7

"good judgement" is highly subjective, D. One's judgement varies as widley as opinions on this board. One might feel perfectly justified in what they are doing, yet when interpreted by a moderator it might be interpretted differently. I know you find it appalling that everyone doesn't have the same sense of right or wrong as you do but it's just the way it is.

I can understand why someone might resent a public insult and feel the need to respond to it but whiners who are hurt because someone said something to them privately need to be aware that they are responsible for what they post. They take a chance that someone might negatively rep them every time they post. If someone knows that they will be hurt by criticism or negative rep they should be responsible for that truth about themselves. Not whine when it happens.

dilloduck said:
"good judgement" is highly subjective, D. One's judgement varies as widley as opinions on this board. One might feel perfectly justified in what they are doing, yet when interpreted by a moderator it might be interpretted differently. I know you find it appalling that everyone doesn't have the same sense of right or wrong as you do but it's just the way it is.

I can understand why someone might resent a public insult and feel the need to respond to it but whiners who are hurt because someone said something to them privately need to be aware that they are responsible for what they post. They take a chance that someone might negatively rep them every time they post. If someone knows that they will be hurt by criticism or negative rep they should be responsible for that truth about themselves. Not whine when it happens.

I have more faith in ppl to know right from wrong.

here's a tip - Being justified in one's actions doesn't mean the action is always the 'rigth thing to do'.

-=d=- said:
I have more faith in ppl to know right from wrong.

here's a tip - Being justified in one's actions doesn't mean the action is always the 'rigth thing to do'.

here's another tip---when you ask for people to use thier own judgement, don't try to tell em thier judgement is all screwed up.

I have a hard time believing that 9 out of 12 people voted no.
I wish I could see who it was, might be able to prove them wrong.

When I drive down the street and someone cuts me off, I don't resort to "road rage" because I know it is wrong.

I don't think it is that difficult to resist the urge to "rep rage" someone who dings you.

Rep based on the "post", not the "poster."

This isn't brain surgery.

dilloduck said:
here's another tip---when you ask for people to use thier own judgement, don't try to tell em thier judgement is all screwed up.

likewise, when you attempt to USE good judgement and it fails, don't try to argue; just admit you screwed up. ;)

GotZoom said:
When I drive down the street and someone cuts me off, I don't resort to "road rage" because I know it is wrong.

I don't think it is that difficult to resist the urge to "rep rage" someone who dings you.

Rep based on the "post", not the "poster."

This isn't brain surgery.
I'm asking about possitive rep too.
You've never given rep to ANYONE cause they were your bud, or cause it
was their birthday? Nothing like that at all?

GotZoom said:

I recently gave someone bad rep because he repeatedly sent me obscene PM's. So you can change my vote from "No" to "Yes". If that's considered an abuse.

When I responded to this clown in the topic, one of the Mods gave me neg rep!

This stuff is so childish.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I have a hard time believing that 9 out of 12 people voted no.
I wish I could see who it was, might be able to prove them wrong.

I 'can' see who voted - and let me tell you; of the 9 that voted 'no' at least a couple are liars at worst, lack the ability to accurately assess right from wrong at best.

For the 2 who voted 'Yes, but only for positive rep' one is a liar.

:(

Oh well...

-=d=- said:
I 'can' see who voted - and let me tell you; of the 9 that voted 'no' at least a couple are liars at worst, lack the ability to accurately assess right from wrong at best.

For the 2 who voted 'Yes, but only for positive rep' one is a liar.

:(

Oh well...

that anonymous stuff worked real well

Forum List

Back