Rep Madison Cawthorn accused by security of bringing loaded gun to North Carolina airport

This bloke Cawthorn sure seems hellbent on blowing-up his re-election potential.

Will hafta watch what the Charlotte Observer and the Raleigh News bring to their editorial page over this son of North Carolina.
Also interesting to see if his squad mates, MTG, Boebert, and Thomas Masssie of KY......will fall in behind him to cover his six.

A 20-minute marriage (my satire there); wheelchair accessible DC sex & cocaine parties; lingerie vacation; and now a second unforced-error with planes & gun.

Competent?

*plus, as a gun owner, I'm thinking this doesn't endear guns to anybody. Except manufacturers & merchants of 'em.

** plus x2, anybody wanna speculate on how relieved the ex-wife is that she escaped that circus?

This bloke Cawthorn sure seems hellbent on blowing-up his re-election potential.

Will hafta watch what the Charlotte Observer and the Raleigh News bring to their editorial page over this son of North Carolina.
Also interesting to see if his squad mates, MTG, Boebert, and Thomas Masssie of KY......will fall in behind him to cover his six.

A 20-minute marriage (my satire there); wheelchair accessible DC sex & cocaine parties; lingerie vacation; and now a second unforced-error with planes & gun.

Competent?

*plus, as a gun owner, I'm thinking this doesn't endear guns to anybody. Except manufacturers & merchants of 'em.

** plus x2, anybody wanna speculate on how relieved the ex-wife is that she escaped that circus?
When one feels they must state they are a gun owner truthfully don't own any.

When one feels they must state they are a gun owner truthfully don't own any.

Ummm, that may be in the good poster "bigreb's" proscribed world.
But getting away from his restrictions.....others will find that owning a gun ain't all that uncommon.
In fact, in my rural neighborhood I know of nobody who doesn't have some kind of gun in the house or barn.
Still, who knows what is like in the neighborhoods 'bigreb' is forced to live in.
We are not here to judge.

BTW, self-identifying as a colored picture of a big gun is sort of a tell on one's level of gun-nuttery, or sense of adequacy (?), it could be argued by some folks other than me.

But getting away from his restrictions.....others will find that owning a gun ain't all that uncommon.
In fact, in my rural neighborhood I know of nobody who doesn't have some kind of gun in the house or barn.
Still, who knows what is like in the neighborhoods 'bigreb' is forced to live in.

BTW, self-identifying as a colored picture of a big gun is sort of a tell on one's level of gun-nuttery, or sense of adequacy (?), it could be argued by some folks other than me.
Who is this we you are talking about? How many voices do you hear in your head?

Looks like Rep Cawthorn is planning a Jihad

Imagine if Rep Omar was found twice smuggling guns onto a plane
Good job Cawthorn. Be as a Prog. Repubs are not on a watch list anymore in the political arena. And bring some potatoes, french fries, pringles and potato chips at the SOTU with Biden.

People are banned from flying for far less.
I can’t believe he only violated a city ordinance
He was trying to bring a loaded gun on an airplane

What ever happened to 9-11 protections?

Competent?

Now they're looking at him for insider trading.

From the Charlotte Observer:

MADISON CAWTHORN TRAFFIC TICKETS

▪ Oct. 13, 2011, Henderson County, NC: speeding. Case disposed Jan. 25, 2012. Pleaded guilty to a lesser speed and paid fine of $40.
▪ Feb. 27, 2016, Henderson County, NC: speeding and expired registration card/tag. Case disposed May 18, 2016. Pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of failure to wear seat belt in rear seat and paid fine of $75. The expired registration card/tag charge was dismissed.
▪ April 21, 2016, South Carolina: speeding ticket for going more than 25 mph over the speed limit. Pleaded down to a 10-miles-over violation in July 2016.
▪ Oct. 7, 2016, Virginia: ticket for following too close. Case resolved Jan. 27, 2017.
▪ Dec. 8, 2017, Buncombe County, NC: driving while license revoked, not impaired. Case was dismissed Dec. 29, 2017.
▪ Dec. 12, 2019, Georgia: speeding ticket for going more than 25 mph over the speed limit and having expired tags, followed by a charge of failure to appear on Feb. 7, 2020. Plea deal negotiated in August 2021.
▪ Oct. 18, 2021, Buncombe County, NC: speeding. Case disposed March 4, 2022. Pleaded guilty to improper equipment. Paid fine of $25.
▪ Jan. 8, 2022, Polk County, NC: speeding, for traveling 87 mph in a 70 mph. Court date is June 2.
▪ March 3, 2022, Cleveland County, NC: driving while license revoked, not impaired. Court date is May 6.

FIREARMS AND WEAPONS INCIDENTS
In addition to the traffic violations, Cawthorn has also been involved in several incidents related to weapons.

▪ Jan. 6, 2021, Washington, D.C.: Cawthorn claimed he went to Congress armed, The Asheville Citizen-Times reported, on the day a violent mob attacked the U.S. Capitol building to attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

▪ Feb. 13, 2021, Asheville: Airport security stopped Cawthorn for attempting to board a plane with a Glock 9 mm handgun and a loaded magazine, The News & Observer previously reported. Cawthorn was not charged......

▪ 2021, Multiple incidents: As Cawthorn visited school facilities around the state, he was accused of bringing a knife to at least four of those visits. There are several state laws with various levels of crimes related to knives on school property, the Citizen-Times reported, but Cawthorn has not been charged with any crimes for the incidents.

▪ April 26, 2022, Charlotte: Cawthorn was again accused of trying to go through airport security with a loaded gun, this time at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police officers took away his gun and issued him a citation, The Charlotte Observer reported, since it’s a violation of city ordinances to have a loaded gun at the airport.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six moving violations in 6 years; plus two driving while revoked arrests.
Then the dunderheaded gun nuttery.
Then the 'now I am/now I'm not' marriage gig.

It may just be me, but......but this guys seems to be an absolutely deadsolidperfect mate ----and he's handsome too....but an ideal mate for Lauren Boebert. They'd make a pretty suburban white couple. (I think he's a bit effeminate for Marjorie Taylor Greene. But she'd like his big gun?)

But that's just me. YMMV

Agree...being pro gun is one thing, gun Avis are a sign of over-compensation of a kind, for sure.

Who is this we you are talking about?

Ah, Reb, it's my avatar and me. A team. Of course.
There be nutters here. And I know my avatar will have my six.

We take note of the crassly vulgar vocabulary that comes from some quarters of this gossipboard.
Now, to be sure I ain't saying it all comes from any gun activists who may have inhaled too much RemOil.
But you surely have read the 'f-bomb', 'moron', 'azzhole' and 'douchebag' epithets that come from the Rightfield nutbars who lurk here? And some of 'em brag about their shootin' irons.

Don't be one of those guys Reb.
That kind of behavior could get your firearms taken away from you.

Ah, Reb, it's my avatar and me. A team. Of course.
There be nutters here. And I know my avatar will have my six.

We take note of the crassly vulgar vocabulary that comes from some quarters of this gossipboard.
Now, to be sure I ain't saying it all comes from any gun activists who may have inhaled too much RemOil.
But you surely have read the 'f-bomb', 'moron', 'azzhole' and 'douchebag' epithets that come from the Rightfield nutbars who lurk here? And some of 'em brag about their shootin' irons.

Don't be one of those guys Reb.
That kind of behavior could get your firearms taken away from you.
Not to mention threatening government officials with those guns...

From the Raleigh News & Observer:

"Cawthorn has found himself in a myriad of controversies that led to North Carolina’s top Republicans supporting his opponent, state Sen. Chuck Edwards, in the primary. Those Republicans include U.S. Sen. Thom Tillis, state Senate Leader Phil Berger and House Speaker Tim Moore.

The controversies include driving while his license was revoked, claiming his colleagues on The Hill have participated in orgies and taken “key bumps of cocaine,” and most recently being labeled a hypocrite after vacation photos surfaced of him dressed in women’s lingerie while simultaneously speaking out against the transgender community.

Cawthorn’s comments on his colleagues caused Republican leaders such as Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy to tell Cawthorn he had lost his trust and that consequences were possible, including stripping him of any committee assignments."

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article260774752.html#storylink=cpy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As my sometimes snarky avatar has snarkily observed about Congressman Cawthorn's Instant Coffee Marriage --- there is probably a really icky aspect to that bit of lover's entanglement.

I saw this recently:

"Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) announced on Wednesday that he and his wife, Cristina, are getting divorced less than eight months after getting hitched.
Cawthorn announced the news in a statement and cited “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for the split.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
And then from Did Madison Cawthorn Marry A Russian Honeypot?

"Madison Cawthorn recently announced his divorce from Cristina Bayardelle, an Instagram fitness instructor.
But now he's sharing the strange story of how they met -- set up with a fake story by an American stranger he just happened to meet in Russia! I suspect there will be much, much more about this story, because this sounds like a national security problem:
Grant Stern on Twitter said, "Madison Cawthorn's divorce just went from boring information to national security concern in about 77 seconds of interview time with the Daily Caller.
"This does not sound a normal meet-cute story whatsoever. Very few of these stories involving Russia are."

1651064985483.png

From the Charlotte Observer:

MADISON CAWTHORN TRAFFIC TICKETS

▪ Oct. 13, 2011, Henderson County, NC: speeding. Case disposed Jan. 25, 2012. Pleaded guilty to a lesser speed and paid fine of $40.
▪ Feb. 27, 2016, Henderson County, NC: speeding and expired registration card/tag. Case disposed May 18, 2016. Pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of failure to wear seat belt in rear seat and paid fine of $75. The expired registration card/tag charge was dismissed.
▪ April 21, 2016, South Carolina: speeding ticket for going more than 25 mph over the speed limit. Pleaded down to a 10-miles-over violation in July 2016.
▪ Oct. 7, 2016, Virginia: ticket for following too close. Case resolved Jan. 27, 2017.
▪ Dec. 8, 2017, Buncombe County, NC: driving while license revoked, not impaired. Case was dismissed Dec. 29, 2017.
▪ Dec. 12, 2019, Georgia: speeding ticket for going more than 25 mph over the speed limit and having expired tags, followed by a charge of failure to appear on Feb. 7, 2020. Plea deal negotiated in August 2021.
▪ Oct. 18, 2021, Buncombe County, NC: speeding. Case disposed March 4, 2022. Pleaded guilty to improper equipment. Paid fine of $25.
▪ Jan. 8, 2022, Polk County, NC: speeding, for traveling 87 mph in a 70 mph. Court date is June 2.
▪ March 3, 2022, Cleveland County, NC: driving while license revoked, not impaired. Court date is May 6.

FIREARMS AND WEAPONS INCIDENTS
In addition to the traffic violations, Cawthorn has also been involved in several incidents related to weapons.

▪ Jan. 6, 2021, Washington, D.C.: Cawthorn claimed he went to Congress armed, The Asheville Citizen-Times reported, on the day a violent mob attacked the U.S. Capitol building to attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

▪ Feb. 13, 2021, Asheville: Airport security stopped Cawthorn for attempting to board a plane with a Glock 9 mm handgun and a loaded magazine, The News & Observer previously reported. Cawthorn was not charged......

▪ 2021, Multiple incidents: As Cawthorn visited school facilities around the state, he was accused of bringing a knife to at least four of those visits. There are several state laws with various levels of crimes related to knives on school property, the Citizen-Times reported, but Cawthorn has not been charged with any crimes for the incidents.

▪ April 26, 2022, Charlotte: Cawthorn was again accused of trying to go through airport security with a loaded gun, this time at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police officers took away his gun and issued him a citation, The Charlotte Observer reported, since it’s a violation of city ordinances to have a loaded gun at the airport.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six moving violations in 6 years; plus two driving while revoked arrests.
Then the dunderheaded gun nuttery.
Then the 'now I am/now I'm not' marriage gig.

It may just be me, but......but this guys seems to be an absolutely deadsolidperfect mate ----and he's handsome too....but an ideal mate for Lauren Boebert. They'd make a pretty suburban white couple. (I think he's a bit effeminate for Marjorie Taylor Greene. But she'd like his big gun?)

But that's just me. YMMV
This is the guy that just divorced his Russian spy wife right?

you just had a trump moment 😜
He is disabled and cant drive
Sounds like he drives (shitty) whenever he feels like, whatever speed his wants, drunk or sober, without registration, and often with a revoked license, and repeatedly tries to pack heat on airplanes. Looks like a trumper, where the regular rules don't apply. They were stupid to elect him. Who in the heck elects a dumb ass two semester college dropout that can't even pass first year classes in poly sci?

you just had a trump moment 😜
He is disabled and cant drive
Its a mystery that he has picked up all these speeding tickets then.

Cars can be adapted so that disabled folk can drive them. Its just a question of changing the pedals for hand controls.

In the UK there is a government funded charity that provides a car adapted to disabled needs.

Having said that i dont think Cawthorn should be on the roads. he needs some help. he has a great career but is pissing it away.

Forum List

Back