Rep Comer says FBI does not respect Congress, refuses to hand over document asked for

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022

I was kind of confused by something here

He says the Senate (dims control it) keep funding the FBI

But I thought the House was the branch of govt that allocates funds to agencies?

?

In any case, the FBI needs to be demolished IMO and then do a re-build

Are you following this story?

The article doesn't state the legal reference that the FBI has to comply with Congressional subpoenas ... is Congress asking the FBI to break the laws Congress wrote? ... I don't know ...

Congress passed a law that gives the FBI the obligation to write their own rules ... if Congress doesn't like the rules the FBI uses, they need to repeal the law that tells the FBI to write rules ...

The House only initiates funding bills ... they still have to pass the Senate and be signed by the President ... or passed by 2/3's of each house of Congress without the President's signature ...

But I thought the House was the branch of govt that allocates funds to agencies?

?

thanks for the last line belly buster.......................they have no idea of what you are even speaking about....lol.....your idealism about changing democrappers minds here is noble, but huge disappointments await you

Rep Comer says FBI does not respect Congress​

Sad fact is that Comer is another idiot GOP, who totally fudged his "gotcha" presentation, never explained the situation properly to the public, never mentioned the most important point of the investigation, and even stood in front of his own charts.

Why are there so few in the GOP who know how to explain things?

My prediction is that Comer is just another gas bag like the douche Durham who spent years on a critical investigation of the FBI without ever even interviewing the THREE KEY PEOPLE involved in it--- McCabe, Strozk and Comey! Then produces a 300 page report culminating in no prosecutions.

If they defy the 5 day deadline then line item veto funding of their new HQ in the Default avoidance deal ( and bring them in under oath to deny they have the stolen Civil War Gold that they absconded from the Amateur Archeologist Treasure hunters who found it so they can’t use that resource to fund it )

?

in other words, "We have conclusions and they're damning! Now we just need to find evidence."

a fishing expedition for documents that dont exist.

The article doesn't state the legal reference that the FBI has to comply with Congressional subpoenas ... is Congress asking the FBI to break the laws Congress wrote? ... I don't know ...

Congress passed a law that gives the FBI the obligation to write their own rules ... if Congress doesn't like the rules the FBI uses, they need to repeal the law that tells the FBI to write rules ...

The House only initiates funding bills ... they still have to pass the Senate and be signed by the President ... or passed by 2/3's of each house of Congress without the President's signature ...

oh yeah... I had momentarily forgotten that last thing.. knew it but it had slipped my mind... hmm.. I must be more overwhelmed lately than I thought..

In any case, it doesn't make sense for the Congress (or anyone else) to let the FBI make its own rules...

sheeze.. whose brilliant idea was that?

adam schiffty? yeh, i know, it's older than that... too bad you gave no link..

don't kno much about the history of the fbi (fools, buffoons and idiots?-- oh my)

I can't say that I have much respect for congress either. Maybe Rand Paul but that's about it.
i like McCarthy
the Freedom Caucus
Jim Jordan
James Comer
Grassley
Cruz
MTG
Marsha Blackburn

and I know there are others, just don't have time to list them.

in other words, "We have conclusions and they're damning! Now we just need to find evidence."

a fishing expedition for documents that dont exist.
how ignorant. You obviously haven't been following this story..

that's because you watch cnn and such.. who never c arry these stories..

If they defy the 5 day deadline then line item veto funding of their new HQ in the Default avoidance deal ( and bring them in under oath to deny they have the stolen Civil War Gold that they absconded from the Amateur Archeologist Treasure hunters who found it so they can’t use that resource to fund it )

I think this paragraph needs some work...

??

Sad fact is that Comer is another idiot GOP, who totally fudged his "gotcha" presentation, never explained the situation properly to the public, never mentioned the most important point of the investigation, and even stood in front of his own charts.

Why are there so few in the GOP who know how to explain things?

My prediction is that Comer is just another gas bag like the douche Durham who spent years on a critical investigation of the FBI without ever even interviewing the THREE KEY PEOPLE involved in it--- McCabe, Strozk and Comey! Then produces a 300 page report culminating in no prosecutions.
i don't know who Durham interviewed or didn't.. but Comer did explain the situation in a press conference and I don't see how he (and Mace and others) could have been clearer about what was going on and what they are doing about it

so many people just sit in their armchairs and judge judge judge... as if they could do better. Well, why don't you get elected and do better then?

otherwise...

and I doubt you saw the press conference or you wouldn't accuse Comer of not explaining well...

sheez

Forum List

Back